Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1233692 times)

Moeis

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1365 on: September 25, 2017, 06:51:23 PM »
When he sold investors on his "Ascendant Pictures" "business opportunity" or scam as it became he took 20% right off the top of the investors money. He then borrowed 20% of the money back from the banks leaving the film profits as collateral. This loan was to replace the backers money. Now both the investors and the bank expect to reap the rewards of the profits but the bank is first in line.

In the end the whole thing fell apart, one of Roberts partners went to prison for it.

If you are talking about Christopher Eberts then what you said is not true.  Eberts was once a partner in Ascendant Pictures, but later on formed his own production company in which he committed fraud against a fireman promising to make his book into a movie.  What he did had nothing to do with Ascendant Pictures.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/indie-producer-christopher-eberts-pleads-786364

So I am now doubting what you said about Ascendant Pictures is even true, unless you can provide articles to provide proof of both the Ascendant Pictures "scam" and a partner being arrested related to that, I see no reason to believe what you just said.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1366 on: September 25, 2017, 06:53:30 PM »
CRoberts hasnt a clue about how to design an MMORPG and neither has Erin.

You only have to have played MMOs for a decent amount of time to know the stuff they think is fun, isnt remotely fun.   

Players will do stuff for LOLs that Croberts, Erin and a lot of Backers dont seem to have taken seriously.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:55:22 PM by StanTheMan »

Wiggleitjiggle

« Reply #1367 on: September 25, 2017, 06:55:29 PM »
I was comparing what I do "building" something from the ground up with a budget and running the men to what he is supposedly doing which is also building something from the ground up, albeit i guess without a budget

Great input in your post above here.

I guess another thing you dont do is to give yourself and other leaders (in CR's case; family and friends) big bonuses before even 1/50 of said project is completed.

haha nope, but if we earn a good amount of profit and really save on the job there can be incentives given post building commissioning.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1368 on: September 25, 2017, 06:59:45 PM »
I was comparing what I do "building" something from the ground up with a budget and running the men to what he is supposedly doing which is also building something from the ground up, albeit i guess without a budget

Great input in your post above here.

I guess another thing you dont do is to give yourself and other leaders (in CR's case; family and friends) big bonuses before even 1/50 of said project is completed.

haha nope, but if we earn a good amount of profit and really save on the job there can be incentives given post building commissioning.

It is pretty shocking how many so called Project Managers and others involved in software development keep giving CRoberts a pass or endorse the way he has managed this project. 

It is a million miles away the approach and methods you describe above and the pathetic, chaotic results are plain to see.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1369 on: September 25, 2017, 07:25:33 PM »
When he sold investors on his "Ascendant Pictures" "business opportunity" or scam as it became he took 20% right off the top of the investors money. He then borrowed 20% of the money back from the banks leaving the film profits as collateral. This loan was to replace the backers money. Now both the investors and the bank expect to reap the rewards of the profits but the bank is first in line.

In the end the whole thing fell apart, one of Roberts partners went to prison for it.

If you are talking about Christopher Eberts then what you said is not true.  Eberts was once a partner in Ascendant Pictures, but later on formed his own production company in which he committed fraud against a fireman promising to make his book into a movie.  What he did had nothing to do with Ascendant Pictures.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/indie-producer-christopher-eberts-pleads-786364

So I am now doubting what you said about Ascendant Pictures is even true, unless you can provide articles to provide proof of both the Ascendant Pictures "scam" and a partner being arrested related to that, I see no reason to believe what you just said.

Nope. I know what I am referring to and it's all right here on this website... You don't need to put words in my mouth.
Between this and another article I saw elsewhere it shows how roberts and company collected 700 million in funds from investors and skimmed 20% off the top and replaced it with bank loans. What few movies made profits had the profits go right back to the bank and investors got stiffed. Some of his conspirators work for CIG. Once a crook always a crook, they just got a new scam, and a new group of less sophisticated backers.
http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=34.15

Moeis

« Reply #1370 on: September 25, 2017, 07:47:25 PM »

Nope. I know what I am referring to and it's all right here on this website... You don't need to put words in my mouth.
Between this and another article I saw elsewhere it shows how roberts and company collected 700 million in funds from investors and skimmed 20% off the top and replaced it with bank loans. What few movies made profits had the profits go right back to the bank and investors got stiffed. Some of his conspirators work for CIG. Once a crook always a crook, they just got a new scam, and a new group of less sophisticated backers.
http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=34.15

Problem with that link you just gave, none of it supports the story that the post is trying to portray.  It is all related to a different company that committed fraud that had one of its clients being Ascendant Films among other production companies as well.  There is no proof that Ascendant Films had anything to do with it, other than being clients of people later to be proven to be frauds.  You guys are doing guilty by association, which is not a reasonable nor logical stance to take.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1371 on: September 25, 2017, 09:46:41 PM »
Clearly we are reading two different articles.
Mine says Roberts skimmed 20% off the top replaced it with bank loans and the 80% that was not spent on the films was taxable so investors were screwed.

"Ascendant Pictures claims 250 million dollars in  funding to produce 14 movies in 2003,  the company was founded in 2002. in 2004 VIP4 package raised 350 million dollars and most of it was spend in chris roberts movies. The fundings was to be spend on film 100% and investors would get 100% of the income the movie would produce. But what ended up happening was that 20% of money was spend in making of movie and rest of funding gets funneled trough several companies into fixed deposit accounts. However they matched that 80% of money with bank loans Using investor money (15% of loan) as guarantee for loans.

Unfortunately for investors however only 20% got spend in films leaving 80% of investment without tax benefits
Even worse as movies started to bring in profit chris roberts would only pay 20%  back to investors rest going into paying back loans and presumably  again into fixed deposit accounts."

If this looks like it's on the up and up you ought to call Roberts and tell him you have some spare cash you are willing to permanently part with. This was just one small aspect of his dirty dealings. I doubt that if the backers knew of all of his past dealing with investors and how they turned out I doubt they would give him a dime. Well there are some who are just so stupid and desperate that they would do anything.

Perhaps you are one of THOSE jurors who let crooks go so they can continue their fraud laden business ventures. Surely Bernie Madoff must have gotten nailed on smaller cases before he got caught at the end. He managed to return just enough money to the right people. Think of all the hundreds of Billions that would have been saved. In any case there is plenty of room for financial shenanigans in how Roberts took backers rights away unilaterally. Money comes in and nobody knows where it goes... The answer is simple. Operate like he was supposed to have, showing his backers the financial statements so they know what they were continuing to invest in. But why bother, they are too stupid to protect their own rights.

Moeis

« Reply #1372 on: September 25, 2017, 11:20:43 PM »

"Ascendant Pictures claims 250 million dollars in  funding to produce 14 movies in 2003,  the company was founded in 2002. in 2004 VIP4 package raised 350 million dollars and most of it was spend in chris roberts movies. The fundings was to be spend on film 100% and investors would get 100% of the income the movie would produce. But what ended up happening was that 20% of money was spend in making of movie and rest of funding gets funneled trough several companies into fixed deposit accounts. However they matched that 80% of money with bank loans Using investor money (15% of loan) as guarantee for loans.

Except for there is no article to prove anything in that quote above.  Where did that information come from and how come there is no source for it?
Like I said, the only thing that it really shows is that some other company that had Ascendant and others as a client committed fraud.  Nothing about what Ascendant actually did.

There is also something else wrong with that link your provided.  It is wrong about the company being sold during a tustle with Costner.  Company was sold in 2010, but the lawsuit was in 2005 and settled in 2008, 2 years before selling the company
http://www.today.com/id/23491434/ns/today-today_entertainment/t/costner-settles-million-movie-deal-lawsuit/

So yeah, I keep on finding inconsistencies with the story that is being portrayed in that link.  In other words, it is abusing facts to create a different story of what really happened.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:28:32 PM by Moeis »

Aya Reiko

« Reply #1373 on: September 25, 2017, 11:47:06 PM »
Anyone find it odd that when Serenstupidity was active, Moeis went silent.  And now Moeis is now active, Serenstupidity has gone silent.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1374 on: September 25, 2017, 11:51:20 PM »
Well we have discovered that Moeis and Serendipity do not believe that Chris Roberts or Ortwin have had anything to do with and fraudulent activities in the past, or that there is anything wrong with the Star Citizen project. I wish I had known this, I would have stayed the course and been waiting with baited breath through the eons.

It reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode where astronauts go to a planet where in the end their wish is fulfilled to go back home and they are killed and frozen perpetually doing just that.

For the citizens they could all be posed hands in the air praising their fearless leader as Chris Roberts takes the stage to his adoring fans. It's just a perfect picture. All of them posed in perpetuity at the moment of unveiling Star Citizen "The Game". It's all a fantasy since there will be no game.  I think they will lose more people after the citizencon. They will see how little they are getting for 3.0 and see this as the scam it is. Everybody loves a good slow motion train wreck.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:14:57 AM by Spunky Munkee »

Moeis

« Reply #1375 on: September 25, 2017, 11:54:34 PM »
Anyone find it odd that when Serenstupidity was active, Moeis went silent.  And now Moeis is now active, Serenstupidity has gone silent.

Believe what you want, but it is pure coincidence, I have been gone because of taking my family to Disneyland.

Aya Reiko

« Reply #1376 on: September 26, 2017, 12:14:45 AM »

Believe what you want, but it is pure coincidence, I have been gone because of taking my family to Disneyland.
Uh huh.  Umm...

:siren:BULLSHIT :siren:

Seren disappears about 3 days ago.  You show up today.
You disappear on the 15th.  Seren re-appears on the 16th.
Seren disappears on the 8th.  Your post count, all of a sudden, spikes.
And your post count prior to that, 5.

And there are far too many parallel lines between both of your behaviors.  We know, someone here did the analytics.

You are an alt.

Moeis

« Reply #1377 on: September 26, 2017, 12:18:32 AM »

Uh huh.  Umm...

:siren:BULLSHIT :siren:

Seren disappears about 3 days ago.  You show up today.
You disappear on the 15th.  Seren re-appears on the 16th.
Seren disappears on the 8th.  Your post count, all of a sudden, spikes.
And your post count prior to that, 5.

And there are far too many parallel lines between both of your behaviors.  We know, someone here did the analytics.

You are an alt.

you realize that guy that claimed to do the analytics is the same guy who did the $45k refund hoax right?  he also said that Serendipity and I both have the same posting time history which is not true at all as well.

But you will believe what ever you want. /facepalm

nightfire

« Reply #1378 on: September 26, 2017, 01:43:41 AM »
you realize that guy that claimed to do the analytics is the same guy who did the $45k refund hoax right?  he also said that Serendipity and I both have the same posting time history which is not true at all as well.

Just because I lack the skills to cook a 5 course meal, doesn't mean that I'm unable to make myself a decent sandwich.

"Kastenbrust" was in way over his head and his decision to do the $45k hoax was absurd (to put it nicely), but that doesn't necessarily invalidate his analysis of your postings (or some of his other expressed opinions about SC here in the forum), which are entirely different and unrelated matters altogether.

That said about logical fallacy, I will concede that you may have a point here, particularly since he never answered my question about which text analysis software he used.

Moeis

« Reply #1379 on: September 26, 2017, 01:53:46 AM »

Just because I lack the skills to cook a 5 course meal, doesn't mean that I'm unable to make myself a decent sandwich.

"Kastenbrust" was in way over his head and his decision to do the $45k hoax was absurd (to put it nicely), but that doesn't necessarily invalidate his analysis of your postings (or some of his other expressed opinions about SC here in the forum), which are entirely different and unrelated matters altogether.

That said about logical fallacy, I will concede that you may have a point here, particularly since he never answered my question about which text analysis software he used.

One would think when in the same post he said he used some software to do a analysis he also told a blantant lie that was easy to prove as a lie that there would be no reason to even believe he did an analysis in the first place.

I am glad you concede the point, but his blantant lie should have been the first and only thing needed to disregard that whole post.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk