Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1233684 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1425 on: September 28, 2017, 09:55:13 AM »
So, A question about 3.0 got this answer:

The primary thing it will add is the ability to land on planets. Of course, in 3.0, this really means "moons." The four moons, which you can fly around now in the 'Verse, will no longer have a "deathsphere" around them and will be fleshed out. You'll be able to land on them, drive around in ground vehicles, visit habs and wrecks dotting the moon, and so on.

The mission system, which right now is a railroad, will become more dynamic and at least two "mission givers" are being added (Miles Eckhart being the most visible in demos so far). Missions should be a little more branching now and, in theory, a little less predictable (although this is still real early days).

There will be a few new ships added to the "flyable" group (Aquila, Nox, Dragonfly, updated Cutlass Black, updated Aurora, Prospector ...a few others that are slipping my mind, I think). Along with them is Item 2.0, which will be the component system that's the foundation for Star Citizen. This will control sensors, engines, coolers, etc, etc. Should also take care of the whole "spinning 'Lancer" bug.

Finally, I think rudimentary trade mechanics are making their way in with this patch, and should finally be able to fill up your hold with cargo.

I think that's about it.

Now, how exactly far from the truth will that prediction be  :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1426 on: September 28, 2017, 01:49:56 PM »
So, A question about 3.0 got this answer:

The primary thing it will add is the ability to land on planets. Of course, in 3.0, this really means "moons." The four moons, which you can fly around now in the 'Verse, will no longer have a "deathsphere" around them and will be fleshed out. You'll be able to land on them, drive around in ground vehicles, visit habs and wrecks dotting the moon, and so on.

The mission system, which right now is a railroad, will become more dynamic and at least two "mission givers" are being added (Miles Eckhart being the most visible in demos so far). Missions should be a little more branching now and, in theory, a little less predictable (although this is still real early days).

There will be a few new ships added to the "flyable" group (Aquila, Nox, Dragonfly, updated Cutlass Black, updated Aurora, Prospector ...a few others that are slipping my mind, I think). Along with them is Item 2.0, which will be the component system that's the foundation for Star Citizen. This will control sensors, engines, coolers, etc, etc. Should also take care of the whole "spinning 'Lancer" bug.

Finally, I think rudimentary trade mechanics are making their way in with this patch, and should finally be able to fill up your hold with cargo.

I think that's about it.

Now, how exactly far from the truth will that prediction be  :D

Yeah, same old theory crafting. It's amazing that even with the schedule, nobody quite has ANY of these answers. Most open development ever.  :allears:

I actually googled this 5 times already, but I never get straight answers. Are more solar systems included, planetary combat? I haven't backed, but I may.

I find it cute that he actually thought the game was far along enough to include "more solar systems".
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1427 on: September 28, 2017, 01:52:45 PM »
I wish they just release that 3.0 already. I need the fun this weekend.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1428 on: September 28, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »

Well, we get to troll the Avocado elite first  :lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

nightfire

« Reply #1429 on: September 28, 2017, 02:35:29 PM »

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that CIG will make it until this weekend – again.

I hope this quote from a cherished forum user long gone will provide some comfort instead  :supaburn:

"Nobody needs a game. Waiting for something special is OK for me. Lots of other games to play. I'm in no rush."

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1430 on: September 28, 2017, 03:05:46 PM »

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that CIG will make it until this weekend – again.

"Nobody needs a game. Waiting for something special is OK for me. Lots of other games to play. I'm in no rush."

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/913522461353881600

BREAKING!! Well, don't bother waiting for 3.0 aka "Baby Jesus Patch" being released to Evocati next week. We're now 2 weeks out. Oh well.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1431 on: September 28, 2017, 03:06:27 PM »
LOL!! Star Citizen's next hardware tie-in has leaked. This time it's Intel's Optane SSD. Nope, not a joke, and not a meme. I don't even...

But don't worry though, no way CIG needs the pennies from such branding deals. Like at all. Nope.

Motto

« Reply #1432 on: September 28, 2017, 03:07:46 PM »
No  :wtf: Intel can't be THAT stupid  :vince:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1433 on: September 28, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »
No  :wtf: Intel can't be THAT stupid  :vince:

Well, these endorsement deals are like pennies on the Dollar; and only paid based on sales in a quarter. So just like those past graphics card tie-ins, this is just another one.

Motto

« Reply #1434 on: September 28, 2017, 03:24:02 PM »
It's not about the money, but one would expect a Big Name to do some research first and based on that stay the fuck away from controversy. As CIG by now is.

But those guys will have a field day I guess. Wow, if Intel is backing this, it must be good. Idiot thinking like that  :doh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1435 on: September 28, 2017, 03:25:10 PM »
It's not about the money, but one would expect a Big Name to do some research first and based on that stay the fuck away from controversy. As CIG by now is.

But those guys will have a field day I guess. Wow, if Intel is backing this, it must be good. Idiot thinking like that  :doh:

Yup. Except that Intel isn't backing anything. They're selling a hardware product to gullible ass-clowns.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1436 on: September 28, 2017, 04:46:19 PM »
Looks like these AMD GPUs which were "optimized for Star Citizen" and are now too outdated to even run Pre-Alpha 2.6.3.

Motto

« Reply #1437 on: September 28, 2017, 04:49:16 PM »
Yeah, but that's because they know nothing about game development at AMD.

SpaceTroll

« Reply #1438 on: September 28, 2017, 05:49:16 PM »
Edited ....

An SSD optimized for an unreleased game lol  :vince:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:55:13 PM by SpaceTroll »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1439 on: September 28, 2017, 05:58:22 PM »
Edited ....

An SSD optimized for an unreleased game lol  :vince:

I know, right? Here it is btw. Starts @2:36

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk