Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1395021 times)

GaryII

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1755 on: January 31, 2018, 03:57:45 AM »
It is on the schedule for 3.3 or, end of year 3.4?  I mean he said it was real close!  They're just polishing it now!

That "polish" can take few years, knowing CIG.. :D

I think, if they can push out broken 3.2 at end of the year (like it was with 3.0) its a roaring success for CIG!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1756 on: January 31, 2018, 05:24:38 AM »
Evos can feel spacial again and try to test some broken mess again...
 To me looks like a lot of hotfixies, some of them looks like wild guesses to try to fix bugs...and nothing more...         

Oh, and it's about 36GB. So much for the delta patcher  :vince: :lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1757 on: January 31, 2018, 05:51:23 AM »
Yeah that's true.

CIG have out and out lied to Backers.

They keep telling the world that things are near completion, just about to be released and then not delivering for years..

All the while selling them stuff on the back of those lies.

It has gone way beyond a few people saying things they shouldn't have and management having to walk back on those statements.

Yet another failure to manage this game properly.

It was absolutely foreseeable (by an experienced qualified marketing professional for example) that you cant have staff (of any level) going on company produced video, forums etc saying X or Y features are going into the game by x date and then failing to deliver those whilst taking customers money on the reasonable expectation that they are being told the truth.

They are incredibly unprofessional and breaking the law.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:53:39 AM by StanTheMan »

McDrake

« Reply #1758 on: January 31, 2018, 09:32:14 AM »
Oh, and it's about 36GB. So much for the delta patcher  :vince:
Are you kidding?

Flashwit

« Reply #1759 on: January 31, 2018, 10:06:25 AM »
On that same note, something that keeps getting me is this recurring recommendation to delete your USER folder. What's that all about? If their delta patcher is functioning (lol) correctly and updating the game properly each patch, why would you need to do this?

I can't recall any other game I've played where you've had to manually delete folders before installing updates. At the very least, if it's strongly recommended why wouldn't you just make that one of the steps in the patcher? It would take like 10 minutes to upgrade the patcher to delete that folder itself.

jwh1701

« Reply #1760 on: January 31, 2018, 10:30:07 AM »
Oh, and it's about 36GB. So much for the delta patcher  :vince: :lol:

:lol: 36gb for the claimed fixes?  :lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1761 on: January 31, 2018, 12:30:45 PM »
:lol: 36gb for the claimed fixes?  :lol:

Yeah well, I can see how the monocle is fidelitious enough.  :smuggo:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #1762 on: January 31, 2018, 01:10:44 PM »
CIG have out and out lied to Backers.

They keep telling the world that things are near completion, just about to be released and then not delivering for years..

All the while selling them stuff on the back of those lies.

It has gone way beyond a few people saying things they shouldn't have and management having to walk back on those statements.

Yet another failure to manage this game properly.

It was absolutely foreseeable (by an experienced qualified marketing professional for example) that you cant have staff (of any level) going on company produced video, forums etc saying X or Y features are going into the game by x date and then failing to deliver those whilst taking customers money on the reasonable expectation that they are being told the truth.

They are incredibly unprofessional and breaking the law.

The whole Spiel about constantly being nearly finished is really baffling. I witnessed that with Starbound and wondered why people were blindly following them, when it not only was apparent that the game was rescheduled and worked over and over again wand wouldn't hold true to their promises but that they put the pre-order money into establishing themselves as publishers. But than again they finished and delivered a game.

So sunk costs are really something people seemingly want to believe in.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1763 on: January 31, 2018, 01:17:48 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1764 on: January 31, 2018, 01:18:20 PM »
On that same note, something that keeps getting me is this recurring recommendation to delete your USER folder. What's that all about? If their delta patcher is functioning (lol) correctly and updating the game properly each patch, why would you need to do this?

I can't recall any other game I've played where you've had to manually delete folders before installing updates. At the very least, if it's strongly recommended why wouldn't you just make that one of the steps in the patcher? It would take like 10 minutes to upgrade the patcher to delete that folder itself.

Well, it's pre-Alpha. So  :colbert:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1765 on: January 31, 2018, 05:37:26 PM »
His lips are moving, which means he's lying.

He's lying. His lips are moving. How can someone describe a feature in 3.0 that isn't even **implemented** yet? They're basically going to make shit up this Friday, in an attempt to placate a bunch of fucking lunatics into thinking that in the long term, all their dreams will be realized.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/224358368?t=00h36m46s

jwh1701

« Reply #1766 on: January 31, 2018, 08:02:29 PM »
At the 38 min mark his words seem really shaking discussing the pirate issue. I wonder how many are really in on the whole gig in that stream?

Side note here's a backer tired of the polish with no real updates game mechanics.
Usually do not see to many of these when I'm checking.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/the-best-damn-space-sim-ever-ahh-realy-with-that-f

DemonInvestor

« Reply #1767 on: January 31, 2018, 11:10:21 PM »
His lips are moving, which means he's lying.

He's lying. His lips are moving. How can someone describe a feature in 3.0 that isn't even **implemented** yet? They're basically going to make shit up this Friday, in an attempt to placate a bunch of fucking lunatics into thinking that in the long term, all their dreams will be realized.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/224358368?t=00h36m46s

Found the limitations at around min 40 interesting. So 50 players it is for the next major leap in gpu/cpu.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1768 on: February 01, 2018, 04:45:55 AM »
Interesting thread, several 3.0 videos on youtube show people losing their ships to theft, people wait around just to steal them.

I like Elite/H as I only play the offline mode and I hate griefing in games. So far with what little there is do to you can
find many videos of people doing all and anything they can to grief other players. I was thinking that this game could
be come one of the biggest grief games similar to ARK: Survival Evolved. I can see players swarming f8's for fun and any
other outrageously overpriced ship they can sell.

You expected enjoyable multiplayer out of the most toxic community in video game history?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:54:08 AM by Backer42 »

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1769 on: February 01, 2018, 04:53:57 AM »
Side note here's a backer tired of the polish with no real updates game mechanics.

The "flight model" is Freelancer: point & click. Of course, Chris Roberts baited and switched simulation guys with "Newtonian physics" and other bullshit, but they didn't notice inside their echo chamber.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk