Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1394073 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1770 on: February 01, 2018, 06:00:00 AM »
You expected enjoyable multiplayer out of the most toxic community in video game history?

Another thread was posted where guy lost 1.3 mill uec due to ship ramming at the pad lol. Bunch posted in the same  spectrum thread complaining about the same thing. Crazy they can not fix some simple turrets on the stations to alleviate the problem. I don't think they have any clue on how to implement game mechanics, many posted stating they were not even going to login due to the griefing. I think griefing/flight mechanics are two areas to really kick the diehards up in arms and put pressure on cig to produce. We know they cannot deliver but they still do, and I'm hoping for some great backlash at some point.

GaryII

« Reply #1771 on: February 01, 2018, 06:40:24 AM »
I don't think they have any clue on how to implement game mechanics, many posted stating they were not even going to login due to the griefing. I think griefing/flight mechanics are two areas to really kick the diehards up in arms and put pressure on cig to produce. We know they cannot deliver but they still do, and I'm hoping for some great backlash at some point.

To combat griefing in SC you need to spent a lot of time and money..
 In game where you can use hit and run tactics, ram ships/players and due design complexity find hundreds exploits and bugs to ruin other players day...       

But here is very simple solution what FD in Elite Dangerous has implemented - Solo and Private modes...

There is reason why a lot of games have private servers...everybody now knows that people can't have nice things on internet...

N0mad

« Reply #1772 on: February 01, 2018, 06:48:49 AM »
Another thread was posted where guy lost 1.3 mill uec due to ship ramming at the pad lol. Bunch posted in the same  spectrum thread complaining about the same thing. Crazy they can not fix some simple turrets on the stations to alleviate the problem. I don't think they have any clue on how to implement game mechanics, many posted stating they were not even going to login due to the griefing. I think griefing/flight mechanics are two areas to really kick the diehards up in arms and put pressure on cig to produce. We know they cannot deliver but they still do, and I'm hoping for some great backlash at some point.

Ha ha ha ha ha - This is a community who spend all their time trolling Derek and other critics on forums. So now that there's a bit more of a game to actually play the natural tendency is to start trolling / griefing people within the game - there really isn't much more to actually do in the game anyway.

If CIG had actually given them some interesting missions or some meaningful PvE then griefing would be less common.

Perhaps CIG are worried that if they clamp down on these guys too much then nobody will be left playing or the whales might get upset?? Can't wait to see what they do.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1773 on: February 01, 2018, 09:06:42 AM »
His lips are moving, which means he's lying.

He's lying. His lips are moving. How can someone describe a feature in 3.0 that isn't even **implemented** yet? They're basically going to make shit up this Friday, in an attempt to placate a bunch of fucking lunatics into thinking that in the long term, all their dreams will be realized.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/224358368?t=00h36m46s

Damage control continues..

[/url]
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/pirates-you-can-t-have-8-trillion-ship-armadas-rol/931145

Wait! So basically he's saying the dev was talking about implementing a feature in the near 3.0 - 3.1 term, even though NONE of that even exists in 3.0, nor scheduled for 3.1 - 3.4?!?

Hold my beer....

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1774 on: February 01, 2018, 09:40:49 AM »
Damage control continues..
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/pirates-you-can-t-have-8-trillion-ship-armadas-rol/931145

:lol: Been waiting to see the whales turn on each other and hopefully cig, so many mechanic promises that I don't believe they can fulfill.

Still reading some of the pirate guys think they will have 50 to 100 ships all friends together to steal ships they are going to disappointed.

New one concerning ongoing collisions issues: If you hit npc he goes through the floor.
 :lol: Response: Nooooo don't hit the guy! That apparently breaks all the NPCs on that realm

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/if-you-get-fed-up-with-that-guy-who-refuses-to-tak.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 09:49:12 AM by jwh1701 »

David-2

« Reply #1775 on: February 01, 2018, 10:13:12 AM »

New one concerning ongoing collisions issues: If you hit npc he goes through the floor.
 :lol: Response: Nooooo don't hit the guy! That apparently breaks all the NPCs on that realm

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/if-you-get-fed-up-with-that-guy-who-refuses-to-tak.

Thank you!  This triggered a thought: I finally understand this "local physics grid" they're always talking about!

It's like - Kirk, in the "interphase", in The Tholian Web.  (In Star Trek TOS, the only true Star Trek!)

Each of these local physics grid is it's own universe, intersecting with the others in some sort of 4 dimensional quantum way, just like that scene, where these objects can be seen together but are actually doing their own thing! 

But with less transparency and more laffs.

Anyway, it's clear, after 6yrs, that these issues are never going to be fixed.  I suggest the trufans embrace the suck and theorycraft some exciting gameplay around it.

Flashwit

« Reply #1776 on: February 01, 2018, 10:20:06 AM »
Yeah, I figure they'll come up with something to try and placate the whales since this whole piracy thing is something they actually care about.

As for the flight model, yep, the videos I've watched and the bits of the game that I've played have made it feel like none of the ships have any weight whatsoever. They quite easily just ping and bounce off of everything.

helimoth

« Reply #1777 on: February 01, 2018, 12:11:39 PM »
Imagine what a total snoozefest this game is going to be in the unlikely event that it's ever released. cig have basically admitted there will never be a sense of danger in the game. the thrill of exploring some unknown potentially risky backwater of some far out star system is now totally nullified. notice how the narrative has changed from "we're not buying anything - we're just pledging to the development" to "reeeeeee ! ! i paid a lot of money for the ships i've bought how is it fair somebody steals them reeeee!"

N0mad

« Reply #1778 on: February 01, 2018, 03:36:35 PM »
Well, the latest ATV is up - and boy does Brian Chambers sound bored. So this was basically 40 minutes about art work and cinematics (with 5 minutes at the beginning talking about AI refractoring)... so not actually any discussion about gameplay (or showing actual gameplay). Which, for any other game would be a criticism, but for Star Citizen they're just playing to the fans:

"Lorville is going to be great. CIG's use of statues really adds to the atmosphere."
"I'm just worrying more and more about how they are going to get enough assets up to fill the verse at this rate."
"Landing zones and armor/clothing. Hopefully they can get some faster pipelines going on those after these first few."
"Hopefully. I know the combination of procedural tech and the expanding art assets will help. "
That's just the first 4 comments at the top of the reddit so far.

These guys deserve to get a game where the only gameplay involves walking around taking pictures of the high visual fidelity.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1779 on: February 01, 2018, 04:40:34 PM »
Chris chimes in on the piracy shit-storm FF to 40:15  :smugjones:

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

helimoth

« Reply #1780 on: February 01, 2018, 05:17:18 PM »

damn CR looks old. CR - if you or your bit of stuff sandi is reading this; just give it up mate. refund everyone who you wronged to the best of rsi's ability and just let this go. you're getting too old for this runaround now. whatever grace you have left; use it for the best bowing out possible.

jwh1701

« Reply #1781 on: February 02, 2018, 07:42:22 AM »

With all the tech being thrown around in this video are they making sense? Have they
hit the eureka moment or are they still rushing to the OMG moment? If Derek
or anyone could answer on the culling, AI, shader/occlusion rework if they are
making any progress? I'm not great at judging character and when Brian is talking
it seems he believes that everything is going great, I constantly question are they
all it on it or do the majority believe the are making great progress?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1782 on: February 02, 2018, 08:30:48 AM »
With all the tech being thrown around in this video are they making sense? Have they
making any progress?
I'm not great at judging character and when Brian is talking
it seems he believes that everything is going great, I constantly question are they

How can we comment on progress if they haven't released anything? As of the current 3.0.1 patch, the answer is...... :lol: no

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1783 on: February 02, 2018, 08:31:19 AM »

N0mad

« Reply #1784 on: February 02, 2018, 09:37:22 AM »
making any progress? I'm not great at judging character and when Brian is talking

It's an interesting question about the technology, I would guess that if any of us knew enough about Cryengine to answer with confidence then we'd be working for CIG by now.

What follows is pure, half educated guess work: CIG do seem to be re-inventing the wheel a lot of the time. They like to throw a lot of technical keywords around which either have no well defined meaning (subsumption AI) or are comically misused (eg refactoring code = changing all the variable / method names). Whilst their solutions to the problems (eg volumetric fog, ambient occlusion) may produce a better result in the end, many of these things have an in-engine default implementation anyway. They seem to be wasting a lot of time and effort on relatively minor graphical upgrades.

Then there are the more crucial things such as AI and netcode where they could certainly benefit from a better implementation but seem to be taking their time doing it. AI Subsumption, to me, looks like the industry standard behavioural trees which they've just implemented in an external editor - clearly we don't have much more than a few screenshots to go on here. Their Network Bind Culling *should* reduce the amount of data being sent to each client and speed up the frame rates by ignoring updates which the player doesn't need. There should be industry standard ways to do this, the fact that they haven't done so yet presumably means that whatever solutions they've tried are making the server even slower - still, who knows.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk