Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1228707 times)

N0mad

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1515 on: October 12, 2017, 11:57:01 PM »
So on the latest ATV Burndown - Good news! CIG are adding something other than flying around; the bad news, they've prioritised shopping. But at least they have a brand new graph of must fix issues !!!

Not sure if these are the must Fix issues just for shopping or overall, it's not really explained. Still, it's a convenient mechanism to explain why 3.0 is still a no-show when people ask at CitizenCon.

Clearly they're phasing the release of the full 3.0, and the charts & burndown are a way to explain the lack of a full release whilst showing progress to the community - I bet they'll drag this out well into next year before we see all the promised 3.0 features.

N0mad

« Reply #1516 on: October 13, 2017, 12:02:46 AM »
Chris Roberts at the end of the ATV

It's been just over 5 years since we announced Star Citizen at the GDC in Austin on Oct 10th... and it's incredible to think how far we've come in such a short amount of time

5 years apparently is a short time.  :vince:

Motto

« Reply #1517 on: October 13, 2017, 12:55:13 AM »
Clearly you know nothing about game development.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1518 on: October 13, 2017, 08:19:21 AM »
That ATV was astonishing. I am actually writing an article about it, and will go live later today.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Flashwit

« Reply #1519 on: October 13, 2017, 10:26:03 AM »
So on the latest ATV Burndown - Good news! CIG are adding something other than flying around; the bad news, they've prioritised shopping. But at least they have a brand new graph of must fix issues !!!

Not sure if these are the must Fix issues just for shopping or overall, it's not really explained. Still, it's a convenient mechanism to explain why 3.0 is still a no-show when people ask at CitizenCon.

Clearly they're phasing the release of the full 3.0, and the charts & burndown are a way to explain the lack of a full release whilst showing progress to the community - I bet they'll drag this out well into next year before we see all the promised 3.0 features.

I would say that I'm reading this as issues specific to Shopping / Cargo which makes sense because I'm pretty sure there would be way more than 25 if it was for overall features. They've got, what, 2 weeks before CitizenCon? There's no way any significant improvements are made by then, it certainly won't be out of Evocati.

Motto

« Reply #1520 on: October 13, 2017, 11:04:00 AM »
It seems to me that they are doing a rinse and repeat. Take one item - like the much important aspect of shopping - and do a burndown of critical showstoppers. Will give them a couple of weeks. Repeat with all the other items that are currently missing, one at a time, and before you know it 3.0 will go live in 2019  :toot:

They're just beating and abusing the last remaining backers in plain sight  :vince:

N0mad

« Reply #1521 on: October 13, 2017, 10:23:33 PM »
Just spotted this on Reddit
"Squadron 42 will be the focus of our Holiday Livestream in December"

"With Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 in Evocati test phase and a lot of our developers working on wrapping up the remaining features and polish needed to get 3.0 into everyone’s hands, we have decided to focus CitizenCon on Alpha 3.0 and beyond.
Squadron 42 will be the focus of our Holiday Livestream in December, where we will preview some gameplay and share our roadmap for its completion."

I think this is a quote from the newsletter, could someone confirm please.

Interesting that they want to focus CitizenCon on 3.0, because that went so well at GamesCom. Perhaps they didn't have time to get the SQ42 level tech demo finished? I'm sure they'll want to focus on what's beyond 3.0 to keep the hype train going, plus ship sales of course.

Are they stupid enough to show more live gameplay examples of the buggy 3.0 build? I can't wait to find out. Perhaps they don't have anything else to show?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:45:11 PM by N0mad »

Motto

« Reply #1522 on: October 13, 2017, 10:36:57 PM »
They have to, since there has been no work done on SQ42 for 2 years. It's just that the fanbois are all speculating that GC is for SC and CC is for SQ42 so the big news about SQ42 is coming in two weeks. To avoid the backlash of not reporting anything on SQ42 at CC, they make it public early. With the difficulty that before year end, they actually have to show progress on SQ42. This is just buying time. Not that'll matter, it's end game.

Motto

« Reply #1523 on: October 14, 2017, 07:35:08 AM »
So, the fanbois are getting in more and more trouble. Here's someone claiming Evocati were just picked at Bar Citizen gatherings. You'd have to be a dedicated shithead to go to one, so I see why CIG would go look there, but still. The unrest is growing and growing...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1524 on: October 14, 2017, 07:36:01 AM »
So, the fanbois are getting in more and more trouble. Here's someone claiming Evocati were just picked at Bar Citizen gatherings. You'd have to be a dedicated shithead to go to one, so I see why CIG would go look there, but still. The unrest is growing and growing...

Yeah, I saw that earlier. And he's right.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1525 on: October 14, 2017, 07:38:33 AM »
Oh, you got a mention in the patchnotes  :D

First line, right on top: First of all: you are an asshole Derek.

Oh, they are getting pissed. It's getting really close to home now...  :dance:

Motto

« Reply #1526 on: October 14, 2017, 08:03:37 AM »
Oh boy, this is it guys. The end! All of it!

There's a Reddit topic on the date removal of SQ42 here. Best comments of course being it a wise decision and all, but somebody took a stab at good old faithful Derek: I think part of it was pressure from people calling out lies when they said 2014 in the Kickstarter. Those people obviously don't understand game development. DS most of all.. Somebody then asked for an explanation of that, and, yes, I swear to the not existing God, user ManiaCC actually came to defend Derek. Sort of anyways: He just wanted kick DS for wrong reason. There is a lot of reasons why anyone could kick DS to nuts, but Answer the Call date is not one of these.

Derek, you can die in peace now. It has come to this, your work is done. As a final act, please open up www.dereksmartwasright.com so we all can leave our condolences there.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:05:14 AM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1527 on: October 14, 2017, 10:12:57 AM »
Oh, you got a mention in the patchnotes  :D

First line, right on top: First of all: you are an asshole Derek.

Oh, they are getting pissed. It's getting really close to home now...  :dance:

Yeah we know it's that Hater115 kid doing that. He's just trying to get attention, though I've been ignoring him since we booted him off our Discord several times. Best to just ignore him.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1528 on: October 14, 2017, 10:14:18 AM »
Oh boy, this is it guys. The end! All of it!

There's a Reddit topic on the date removal of SQ42 here. Best comments of course being it a wise decision and all, but somebody took a stab at good old faithful Derek: I think part of it was pressure from people calling out lies when they said 2014 in the Kickstarter. Those people obviously don't understand game development. DS most of all.. Somebody then asked for an explanation of that, and, yes, I swear to the not existing God, user ManiaCC actually came to defend Derek. Sort of anyways: He just wanted kick DS for wrong reason. There is a lot of reasons why anyone could kick DS to nuts, but Answer the Call date is not one of these.

Derek, you can die in peace now. It has come to this, your work is done. As a final act, please open up www.dereksmartwasright.com so we all can leave our condolences there.

LOL!! I saw that earlier. I have to believe that not all of them are complete morons. Just wait until it dawns on them their neither game is ever seeing the light of day.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1529 on: October 14, 2017, 10:16:41 AM »
Let's celebrate the anniversary of this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk