Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1143665 times)

Judge_dolly_OG

Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #1920 on: April 01, 2019, 01:06:19 AM »
As warf stated its a good day for karma to die, -48 in 3 hours, hopefully upon entering Sto-vo-kor  I can be reunited with my karma.
Look at these guys telling that I do not understand development.

Actually had the courage!

In awe of this goddamn hero sticking it to EA.

jwh1701

« Reply #1921 on: April 01, 2019, 06:11:11 AM »
Actually had the courage!

In awe of this goddamn hero sticking it to EA.

I just gave up trying to stop the theft, now I just go in and have fun nothing is personal.
My goal is to see if I can respond as crazy as they are.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 06:16:11 AM by jwh1701 »

StanTheMan

« Reply #1922 on: April 01, 2019, 11:47:10 AM »
I have no idea what's worse, that he actually put $18K in an incomplete video game, or that he settled for a $13.5K refund.

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/b4dc2t/glad_to_be_a_refundian/

It was certainly a good investment.

wiser3754

« Reply #1923 on: April 01, 2019, 12:55:12 PM »
According to Chris via FTR, long travel times, drop outs due to heat and power outage are a "holistic experience". FTR just experienced that on full display with his friends just now with ovee 2 hours being almost tied to just jumping to locations.

This 3 5 PTU is just utterly borked.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1924 on: April 01, 2019, 01:55:20 PM »
As warf stated its a good day for karma to die, -48 in 3 hours, hopefully upon entering Sto-vo-kor  I can be reunited with my karma.
Look at these guys telling that I do not understand development.

Jesus Christ, he's an idiot.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1925 on: April 01, 2019, 01:56:38 PM »
This 3 5 PTU is just utterly borked.

Pretty much par for the course. I'm holding out for 3.6. It will fix everything.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

wiser3754

« Reply #1926 on: April 01, 2019, 03:32:36 PM »
Pretty much par for the course. I'm holding out for 3.6. It will fix everything.

I can't help feel that you're being sarcastic.

jwh1701

« Reply #1927 on: April 01, 2019, 05:52:09 PM »
Normally in a real world I would dismiss these as April fools, but over the years I have documented them calling him lord and savior no where near the date.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/b83ffu/i_hope_this_isnt_too_offtopic_i_made_this_in/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/b84o75/new_merchandise_star_citizen_cologne_i_just/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1928 on: April 02, 2019, 04:53:07 AM »
I can't help feel that you're being sarcastic.

Me!! Wot?!?! No way!! :emot-lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

jwh1701

« Reply #1930 on: April 02, 2019, 07:59:53 AM »
Freshly farmed horse shit

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/quantum-drives/

All star medal winner

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/quantum-drives/2034032

Judging from how bad everything is in the universe not including how QT is currently is working he really has no idea about fun.

This was a disaster and would love to see him playing 3.5 unscripted.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1931 on: April 02, 2019, 09:11:16 AM »
:emot-lol:

jwh1701

« Reply #1932 on: April 02, 2019, 09:53:52 AM »
:emot-lol:

Much as I hate theft I'm at the point were just laugh and hope they keep spending. Thx for sharing this it exemplifies everything wrong with Ci.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:17:11 PM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1933 on: April 02, 2019, 02:25:43 PM »
Sarsapillar goes back in

Star Citizen 3.5 PTU write-up, take 2:

My mission: To fly to the new planet.

Attempt 1

I log in. I've learned that this now takes ~15 minutes to do, so after hitting launch I go get a book to read. I come back some time later and the screen is still loading. Any other game I would assume had crashed, but this is Star Citizen and I can hear it thrashing my hard drive from across the room. So I go do some laundry. I come back and it's still logging in, so I read for a few minutes, and finally get in. I spawn in the wank pod, unable to move. A prompt says "Press Y to exit bed" so I press Y. Absolutely nothing happens. I press F for interactions and see "Enter" over the end of the pod, which is the opposite of what I want to do, but whatever. I click. My character teleports outside the bed, still laying down, and performs an unskippable immersion animation to crawl back in. I find myself stuck in bed again. Someone in chat says "This patch is so infuriating." You don't say, chat. You don't say. Eventually F-ing around finds me an "Exit" button and I am able to escape the loving spawn point- at this point it's been at least 30 minutes since I first hit "Launch." My hard drive is still constantly thrashing in the background as I walk downstairs to spawn a ship. The ship I spawned last time is lost with a ten minute timer, of course, so I spawn a different one. The game crashes to desktop before I have run halfway to the platform.

Attempt 2
Relaunch

For some reason loading takes ~20 seconds this time and I am offered the ability to rejoin my previous server, so that's nice. Even the loading into the server takes only a few seconds. I walk downstairs and the terminal says my ship is still on the landing pad, so I walk out to get it and find that the airlock will not open. It lets me in, and says it's cycling, but it will not let me out. I am completely stuck. Eventually the server unfucks itself and I am able to get past the door, but by that time my ship has despawned. I go back to the terminal to spawn it again. The terminal says all pads are full. I check the windows- not only are all pads not full, there is literally not one single person on any of the pads. I throw myself out an airlock and fly over to one of the other (completely empty) pads. All pads full, again. As I run out to the pads to see if I can steal someone else's ship, I get a message that mine has been delivered- uh, alright! I run over and get into it, quickly get off the pad and pick the new planet in my map. Not loving around or risking any more crashes today. I hit "GO" and get up to go check on my laundry.

Attempt 2, Pt 2

Returning from the basement I find that my ship is already halfway there- the big ships are ludicrously fast compared to the small fighters. I get out my book for the remainder of the 5 minute trip, but halfway there I am dropped back into normal flight. Oh, right- the heat thing. I give the ship a moment to "Cool down" and then attempt to re-engage quantum flight. The sound of the QT drive spooling up plays, but the HUD element for QT flight doesn't come up, and I am unable to engage it. I have to get out of my seat, get in the co-pilot's chair, turn the ship off and then on again before the QT system will respond again. I resume my flight toward the planet. On arriving, it is really apparent that they hosed up the texturing on this one- the whole planet is one gigantic city grid, but you can clearly see the mirroring- the left half of the planet is an identical, mirrored copy of the right half. Whoops! I QT down to the city- I guess they decided you can QT in atmo now, because it takes me all the way to about 60km from the waypoint instead of several hundred. My computer absolutely chugs as I zoom over the citscape. When it is not rendering in 10 FPS, it is admittedly pretty cool environmental art- the narrow lanes of animated traffic and neon ads everywhere give off a nice cyberpunk feel. Unfortunately my HUD has completely broken again, so I am forced to navigate 60km to the landing area by sight alone- I have no throttle or speed indicators, and no real indication of where I'm supposed to go except about 6 million player target indicators, half of which are completely broken. This is when I notice another improvement- the "off-limits" area warnings have been enormously toned down. In Loreville they were these huge glowing walls that made a horrifying shriek if you got within 3 miles and killed you instantly if you cross them. Here, they are easily-missable transparent grids with a low warning tone, and on crossing one I get the bloody jam-screen effect and my ship is piloted back out- okay, fair enough. I come down for a landing in the new spaceport area and that's it, mission complete.

Summary: It took two days and 4-ish attempts but I was finally able to conduct the barest minimum of interaction within Star Citizen- flying a ship from the spawn point to one of the planets, and landing. Virtually everything is broken. The parts that aren't broken, are intentionally designed to play terribly. No part of this experience was fun and the best part was landing, because I knew it meant I was going to be able to turn the game off.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1934 on: April 02, 2019, 04:10:09 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk