Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1144376 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1050 on: June 02, 2018, 09:00:38 AM »
I don't get it. Do these clowns actually believe that this spike was caused by the Legatus purchase?

I'm not even going to talk about the fact that we know that the tracker is pure bs anyway. So even if the above were true, given all the shit they've done in the past, it stands to reason that they would do something  with the tracker in order to justify having a $27K pack in the first place.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8nx97k/that_legatus_bump/dzz5iw8/
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1052 on: June 02, 2018, 09:45:39 AM »
Has Frontier really been able to create Elite, Planet Coaster, and Jurassic Park before SC released?

LOL that is hilarious but if you have koolaid via IV drip 24/7 I'm positive they can spin it to the Chris reality.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:56:27 AM by jwh1701 »

krylite

« Reply #1053 on: June 02, 2018, 09:57:44 PM »
Has Frontier really been able to create Elite, Planet Coaster, and Jurassic Park before SC released?

LOL that is hilarious but if you have koolaid via IV drip 24/7 I'm positive they can spin it to the Chris reality.

Yes, some of the shillizen postings in that reddit thread are still claiming "money men" pulled the rug from CR for Freelancer and perpetuate that he isn't a "charlatan" and SC and SQ42 are still well on their way. Well, when the details of their "unjust enrichment" eventually gets released, the massize ponzi revealed will be no less scandalous than the various financial frauds typically featured on CNBC's "American Greed". As usual the shillizens and trolls also continue to malign and take for granted Frontier's achievements with ED probably out of envy and also fear that ED will eventually hammer the last nail in the coffin for CIG-arrets when atmospherics and spacelegs proper gets added to ED.

The guardian ruins and thargoid bases in ED 2.4 & Beyond, already by far demonstrate the cobra engine for ED can do far more than just theme park games. It could be a complete survival game in the rover if it wanted to be. It's amazing that all this works so far on top of the spaceship and massive galaxy simulation. The new guardian ruins give NMS' "center-of-the-galaxy mystery" obelisks a run for its money. (spoiler,  if you haven't done the new guardian ruins:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M_IHxFGj9Y&feature=youtu.be&t=2m10s , in this example, on a 0.25g gravity planetoid)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 10:16:22 PM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1054 on: June 03, 2018, 03:54:44 AM »
LOL!! I totally made him do it :emot-lol:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1002965988655190017
We totally notice how you've been ignoring Star Citizen ever since your controversial coverage years ago .

You know they now have a $27K DLC pack, right? It's perfect! I will get one if you agree to join my guild.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1002965988655190017
lol!! Did you seriously just jump back in!? 👍

Enjoy the 0.3 fps 🤣

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8o7obg/sidalphas_take_on_the_ship_packs_and_the_message/

N0mad

« Reply #1055 on: June 03, 2018, 04:34:55 AM »
LOL

He's triggered the toxic backers both in the YT comments and Reddit

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1056 on: June 03, 2018, 04:43:43 AM »
....then you see it @ 2:03

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1057 on: June 03, 2018, 05:12:22 AM »
ScruffPuff made this post over on SA. It's 100% spot on.

Too many Youtubers and Streamers having the wrong debate.

Is it OK to donate $27,000 to the development of a video game?

Wrong question, assholes. That isn't what's happening. If it were, it would be worthy of debate. A better question is,

Is it OK for a man to tell people he knows how to do something, take $27,000 of their money, and then spend it trying to figure out how to do what he promised?

Now that question is still somewhat worthy of debate - isn't that what grants for cancer research are, for example? People asking to get paid to figure it out? Of course they don't tell you in advance that they already know how to cure it, or guarantee that they will, but the key is that the people giving grants know that going in.

The difficulty with Star Citizen has always been with people grasping the following:

- Chris Roberts can't make this game
- Chris Roberts doesn't know what his own game is
- Chris Roberts has no vision for this game
- Chris Roberts' management style prevents qualified people from making the game
- Chris Roberts thinks he can make the game (this fact is trotted out for the "not a scam" defense)
- The money isn't being spent on game development because CIG is not a game development studio
- Some money is being spent on things Chris thinks are game development (motion capture)
- Some money is being spent on trying to figure out how to make a game
- Some money is being spent to maintain the illusion of game development by aping real studios (multiple studios, websites, videos, decorative bric-a-brac, etc.)

So to me the answer to the question I posed is "no." It is never OK for someone to tell you he knows how to do something, then take your money and faceplant horribly because he's ignorant and inept. Chris Roberts' delusion might not be outright fraud, but the fact is he's not qualified and therefore has no business taking any money at all.

There will be a handful of backers who pull out the "well I knew it could fail, so it's all OK" but that argument is pretty much reserved for the dumbest of backers to fall back on, because the trust CIG asked for when requesting their donations hinged on them projecting confidence that it could be done. They were so confident that they promised, and later rescinded, refunds and financial accountability.

That is why, at its heart, CIG is perpetuating full-blown theft and fraud. But keep arguing the wrong point, streamers. You might be quick to forget how stupid you were to back Chris Roberts, but other people won't - your lives have no value, but your wallet does, and now the world knows how to get into it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1058 on: June 04, 2018, 07:43:49 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Motto

« Reply #1060 on: June 04, 2018, 09:39:59 AM »
Since I am banned on Reddit, can somebody who isn't suggest in this topic that Derek Smart has a forum too?  :grin:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1061 on: June 04, 2018, 09:53:39 AM »
Since I am banned on Reddit, can somebody who isn't suggest in this topic that Derek Smart has a forum too?  :grin:

I'm on it. I know some alts :emot-lol:

David-2

« Reply #1062 on: June 04, 2018, 10:07:44 AM »
Ah yeah, good times

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/13rlll/chris_roberts_overpromised_and_underdelivered/

There are many many hilarious things in that old thread, DS, but the ones I find funniest are the ones that praise the choice of CryEngine 3 since it is a beautiful mature engine that is already complete so they can spend their time working on content!  Oh yes!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1063 on: June 04, 2018, 11:20:58 AM »
There are many many hilarious things in that old thread, DS, but the ones I find funniest are the ones that praise the choice of CryEngine 3 since it is a beautiful mature engine that is already complete so they can spend their time working on content!  Oh yes!

Yeah, there were lots of those types of threads and posts. Good times :)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1064 on: June 05, 2018, 02:24:15 PM »
It's like on every corner of gaming, Star Citizen is taking a hit. Well deserved.

This is a popular streamer talking about "the stupid tax" that is Star Citizen.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CarefulPricklyDelicataWTRuck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk