Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1143708 times)

N0mad

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1065 on: June 06, 2018, 12:10:52 PM »
LOL Montoya has now produced a response to the SidAlpha video:

The best bit is where he gives an example to refute the allegation that SC is in development limbo and all the devs care about is making ships - I won't spoil it for anyone, just have your Lolbuckets at the ready for this one!!!

Then it just gets worse. I think the guy's a bit of an idiot actually.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:17:17 PM by N0mad »

jwh1701

« Reply #1066 on: June 06, 2018, 12:27:37 PM »
LOL Montoya has now produced a response to the SidAlpha video:
Then it just gets worse. I think the guy's a bit of an idiot actually.

After watching the video it has completely restored my faith.......... that they are all crazy.
So many of his points and comparisons really cannot be made in good faith.
Playing with his channel as of today he has made 169 videos, with best guess average size of 50mb.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:49:18 PM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1067 on: June 06, 2018, 02:29:18 PM »
Shortly after, they threatened SidAlpha's daughter with rape

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1004474626183966721

Meanwhile, over on Reddit, they deleted the post denouncing it

http://removeddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8p42oe/youtuber_sidalphas_young_daughter_threatened_with/
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1068 on: June 06, 2018, 03:24:59 PM »
Only 15 or 20 work on shipos, The others are hard at work turning down refund requests or scouring the internet to remove any negative commentary about Star Shitizen or spam lots of positive spin so the negatives never show up in a search. The rest of them, well they are watching you tube videos or playing other video games, ones that actually work.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1069 on: June 06, 2018, 05:04:24 PM »

http://removeddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8p42oe/youtuber_sidalphas_young_daughter_threatened_with/

We are going to have years of fun taking the piss out of these tools.

I might have to get buried instead of cremated so I can have something appropriate on my headstone.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1070 on: June 08, 2018, 01:01:31 AM »

Yeah, there are enough people in that cult supporting or justifying violence, while pretending to have nothing to do with it. It's well known theme with all kind of extremists.

The usual way to handle these kind of threats is to put the entire cult on a watch list under surveillance. So when some nutcase decides to go on a killing spree, the SWAT is already there to prevent it.

Meowz

« Reply #1071 on: June 09, 2018, 06:53:51 AM »
People are being overtly critical of CIG in that thread and getting upvoted through the roof. Are we beginning to see the turning point in the SC reddit, or just another bump of anger before they go back to licking CR's heels....

N0mad

« Reply #1072 on: June 10, 2018, 02:50:10 AM »
Interesting reddit/sc post from a disillusioned whale:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8pznyp/some_thoughts_from_a_longterm_backer_which_really/

Catch it before it gets downvoted / moderated out of existence.

Greggy_D

« Reply #1073 on: June 10, 2018, 06:01:09 AM »
Interesting reddit/sc post from a disillusioned whale:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8pznyp/some_thoughts_from_a_longterm_backer_which_really/

Catch it before it gets downvoted / moderated out of existence.

Sure you have your typical Shitizens and White Knights in that thread, but you can also feel the tide starting to turn based on numerous comments from older backers and the upvotes.  More and more long established commandos want out.

N0mad

« Reply #1074 on: June 10, 2018, 06:16:11 AM »
There were only a handful of comments when I posted it, so I had a look again now and there are more comments on that thread than for any other (non official) thread on the main sc/Reddit page.

Sure you have your typical Shitizens and White Knights in that thread

Actually I disagree with that first part, there seem to be very few people criticising this guy.

I think they're realising that CIG doesn't care about its long term backers and the community, or even about making the game. All they care about is new money.

I wonder if the Moderators will step in?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 06:19:11 AM by N0mad »

Greggy_D

« Reply #1075 on: June 10, 2018, 06:35:43 AM »

Actually I disagree with that first part, there seem to be very few people criticising this guy.

Look at the bottom hidden comments.

Karmic Cake

« Reply #1076 on: June 10, 2018, 07:37:38 AM »
It's the usual fluctuations. As soon as Roberts dangles the shiny new scripted demo in front of them at E3, the cries of enthusiasm and admiration will drown out the sane voices once again. "Thanks CIG", "Developer appreciation thread", the funding counter going over $200 mil etc etc.

Watch as they are now repeating the words of their Lord and Saviour like a mantra.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8q0iar/now_ill_answer_those_claims_in_one_word_bullshit/

I'm inclined to agree with Opalshine here. There won't be a sudden collapse, not soon, not ever, just gradual fading into obscurity. By the time they quietly shut down, most people will have accepted their loss and moved on.

N0mad

« Reply #1077 on: June 10, 2018, 08:02:01 AM »
It's the usual fluctuations. As soon as Roberts dangles the shiny new scripted demo in front of them at E3, the cries of enthusiasm and admiration will drown out the sane voices once again. "Thanks CIG", "Developer appreciation thread", the funding counter going over $200 mil etc etc.

Watch as they are now repeating the words of their Lord and Saviour like a mantra.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8q0iar/now_ill_answer_those_claims_in_one_word_bullshit/

Sure, but it's got only a fraction of the comments and upvotes that the more negative thread currently has.

Even if there was a new tech demo at E3, everyone's seen it before. None of the stuff ever makes it into the PU. Even the hardcore fans aren't being fooled by CR and his high fidelity tech demos anymore.

Oh, and the collapse will be sudden, running out of money tends to do that.

N0mad

« Reply #1078 on: June 10, 2018, 08:04:26 AM »
With that said:

Derek: any news from your sources about what to expect from CIG at E3 ?

Motto

« Reply #1079 on: June 10, 2018, 08:13:21 AM »
If one , at this point in time, still believes that CIG somehow someday will deliver anything, he's an utter moron. There is no way Chris can keep this afloat with an skeleton crew without the backer community knowing about. So he will stretch on until the next big thing comes along. Either just not having money to pay salaries and rent, or something big that pulls antoher Crytek over him. It won't be long now. It has to be over soon.

So, now it has come to this:

Quote: I've already accepted this game will probably never launch, and if it does launch it will not be a viable game and business beyond the funding raised in advance. If the outcome is any better I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Worst case scenario, money is being outright embezzled which is the reason for minimal deliverables. More likely what I think is happening, leaders in the company are taking a healthy salary, and accepting mismanaged engineering because they know the party is completely over if they launch the turd that's being built. So they will continue "development" in perpetuity until new funding stops coming in.

Reply: Yikes. I’ve heard a ton of speculation on this topic over the years and they all seemed like pure speculation and just general waiting in line grade bitching. However yours actually rings a little true. I internally debated the embezzlement scenario but couldn’t really imagine the reason for it. Fuck man, if have to put this thing on a shelf with all my other destroyed past institutions and outed sex offenders I will be sad as hell. I have always tried to have realistic expectations alongside my fanboyism for Wing Commander, but here in mid 2018 I am really starting to become leery of their practice to sell items in what is going to probably be the biggest vaporware legend of our time.

A lot of people are waking up. Too late for them for a refund, but the numbers of hardcore believers are dwindling down
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:20:35 AM by Motto »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk