Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1147520 times)

DemonInvestor

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1635 on: December 18, 2018, 02:12:05 AM »
Well... when theorycrafting one should also consider the option of no one actually investing into CIG, as sane investors might actually think 200mill USD for a game is as much funding as it should ever need, and would not make back enough to be considered worth the risk. And remind oneself of the option of services being paid by share offers. But such a theory is completly out of my ass and in no way linked to the actual facts we've seen nor based on any real information.

Just as minor question to remind myself - is the UK holding the copyrights and further rights, or are they shipped over to the US side? And if i remember correctly wasn't the UK, legally, independent of the US and vice-versa - meaning 10% aren't nessecarily 10% of the overall project?
And just to recount 10+ companies and now cayman island shareholders. Yeah totally sounds like off your mill company just funded to deliver a well described product...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1636 on: December 18, 2018, 10:07:45 AM »
Does he sound pissed - and nervous - or both? :emot-lol:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/350675743?t=00h43m40s

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1637 on: December 18, 2018, 12:51:41 PM »
10 bux says it's deleted/closed by end of day

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/next-broken-promise-so-we-have-investors-now

The sad thing about this thread is that we missed gems like this. I read all of them. Trust me, there were worse ones; if you can believe that.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1638 on: December 18, 2018, 01:22:07 PM »
It's true. All of it.

N0mad

« Reply #1639 on: December 18, 2018, 02:08:16 PM »
That's hilarious.

But fake news.

jwh1701

« Reply #1640 on: December 18, 2018, 02:39:59 PM »
It's true. All of it.

LOL that is very original.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1641 on: December 18, 2018, 02:40:47 PM »

jwh1701

« Reply #1642 on: December 18, 2018, 03:03:47 PM »
I was speaking with OSC earlier and making fun of the toilets in the game, I checked reddit today and see two toilet threads.

I really cannot fathom why so much interest in toilets since Chris spoke about them, least they are
good for flushing money down the drain.

Serious inquiry: is there any indication that the Cutlass Black is getting a toilet at some point in the future?
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/a7aw1l/serious_inquiry_is_there_any_indication_that_the/

So. Toilets. Pretty much a selling point.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/a777zk/so_toilets_pretty_much_a_selling_point/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 05:28:12 PM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1643 on: December 18, 2018, 04:26:16 PM »
Well it's not like they have a game they could be playing. So.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1644 on: December 20, 2018, 05:58:02 PM »

Noztra

« Reply #1645 on: December 20, 2018, 11:49:40 PM »

DemonInvestor

« Reply #1646 on: December 21, 2018, 05:04:17 AM »
Special love for the explanation of it being Marketing money, as CIG promised not to use backer money for that... would be one of the first promises they actually keep. And they don't even ponder on why one would invite equity instead of getting a loan.

-edit-
Not to mention how those people seemingly don't get that fancy videos and cons and such is (at least partly) Marketing ...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 05:09:37 AM by DemonInvestor »

jwh1701

« Reply #1647 on: December 21, 2018, 07:54:33 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:26:01 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk