Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1145904 times)

Greggy_D

Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #1965 on: April 23, 2019, 02:17:45 PM »
Imagine that.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1966 on: May 02, 2019, 02:23:03 PM »
Gamers are insane; especially those Goons, but this takes the cake. 😂

The Forbes article has generated so many lols across gaming, it's like Christmas in Summer.

Meanwhile, Shitizens are in complete meltdown mode. And they're even making YT videos decrying the article.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1967 on: May 02, 2019, 03:41:16 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

wiser3754

« Reply #1968 on: May 02, 2019, 04:33:56 PM »
I just looked at Keith Calder's twitter (the 46 million dollar investor) and there's nothing in relation to the Forbes article. Anyone here wanna dump an info bomb on him?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1969 on: May 03, 2019, 05:55:18 AM »
Meanwhile, back at the Church, due to hurt feelz, they're suggesting that they sue @Forbes over the @MattRyanPerez  Star Citizen article. So far mods have been deleting ALL threads about the article. So get this while it lasts. Trust me, it's hilarious.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/cig-and-backers-how-about-we-sue-forbes

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1970 on: May 03, 2019, 05:58:43 AM »
I just looked at Keith Calder's twitter (the 46 million dollar investor) and there's nothing in relation to the Forbes article. Anyone here wanna dump an info bomb on him?

Not sure you'd expect to find it there.

Also, that's not the investor's account; it's his son. Do you have the right account?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1971 on: May 03, 2019, 07:01:21 AM »
You see? This is why I issue disclaimers when critical Star Citizen articles show up because some of these guys really - truly - believe that ALL of it traces back to me. Somehow.

This time, apparently the author of the article is my "life partner". 😂

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/i-believe-in-this-project

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 07:14:16 AM by dsmart »

StanTheMan

« Reply #1972 on: May 03, 2019, 10:08:06 AM »
They deserve everything they get now.

wiser3754

« Reply #1973 on: May 03, 2019, 01:32:18 PM »
Not sure you'd expect to find it there.

Also, that's not the investor's account; it's his son. Do you have the right account?

Ckive Calder doesn't have a Twitter account. I'd figure someone contact his son to pass the measage to Clive.

jham

« Reply #1974 on: May 03, 2019, 02:57:53 PM »
The FTR video is gone. Don't know why. He hasn't yet commented on Twitter about why.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #1975 on: May 03, 2019, 03:51:33 PM »
The FTR video is gone. Don't know why. He hasn't yet commented on Twitter about why.

He took it down to make some edits according to a Reddit comment.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1976 on: May 04, 2019, 03:31:25 AM »
Now this is deluded.  Re Posted on SA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/bjwvjh/rant_citizen_release_date_fuck_you/

But this is where some Backers  are at..

Sovereign45

While I do think certain things in the article should have been omitted (i.e. details about Robert's personal life), I think the article raises legitimate criticisms. We're 7 years in with millions upon millions spent and I'm a little bit worried about the project to be quite honest. They're making progress, but it's not the kind of progress needed to make a game with the promised scope and scale that Chris has been telling everyone for the past 7 years.

It was my understanding that once they worked on and solved certain critical tech roadblocks that a "singularity-like effect" would take place and they would gradually ramp up the production speed as the tech got better and better (Production pipelines would speed up and all the such).

At this point, I don't feel like development is getting faster, but rather, it is getting slower. Weekly coverage of the project is starting to become more and more of a joke (what are subscribers spending their money on anymore???). Chris Roberts seems somewhat unfocused and distant from the project. His community engagement is at an all-time low compared to several years back whenever he would make regular appearances on 10FtC, AtV, and RtV.

I really don't know what to think at this point. I love the project and have thousands of dollars invested in it, but I can't really say that I'm very satisfied with where the game is right now in development. 7 years ago this game sounded like something out of a dream and now I'm starting to wonder if that's all it ever will be...a dream.

jaboi1080p
Do you think he's just burned out after working on/"managing" it for so long and realizing how far is left to go? I could see how that really messing with his motivation and passion, especially at a point in the project like this

Grodatroll
That or they hyped/talked up so much 'stuff' and they still haven't produced their in 'content' deficit, as their ability to actually produce what he's come up with...

« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 04:01:25 AM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1977 on: May 04, 2019, 07:06:09 AM »
Now this is deluded.  Re Posted on SA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/bjwvjh/rant_citizen_release_date_fuck_you/

But this is where some Backers  are at..

I read that last night and it's the same level of cringe as always.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1978 on: May 04, 2019, 07:19:48 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk