Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1147488 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #1980 on: May 05, 2019, 12:58:13 PM »
Not had time to listen to all of it, but 53 mins.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1981 on: May 05, 2019, 03:27:13 PM »
I see 'hit piece', I move on.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

wiser3754

« Reply #1982 on: May 06, 2019, 01:20:00 AM »
Has the cult spite pledged yet?

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #1983 on: May 06, 2019, 03:42:20 AM »
Has the cult spite pledged yet?

Lol

I wonder how all this will effect pledging. Logically it would have a negative effect, but there is nothing logical about this project.

Rational thought hasn't slowed down the growth of flat earthers or anti-vaxxers so It is possible all the publicity will actually end up drawing more of the weirdo late stage backers in.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1984 on: May 06, 2019, 04:55:02 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1985 on: May 06, 2019, 08:20:12 AM »
I see 'hit piece', I move on.

Montoya is a

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1986 on: May 06, 2019, 10:01:50 AM »
The Forbes Fallout is still in full swing. Meanwhile, over at HQ, they're in a collective tailspin (they're still creating threads and videos denouncing the heresy), and mods had to issue a PSA.

This crap never gets old. God, I love gaming. 😂

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/ble428/psa_everyone_knows_about_the_recent_article/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1987 on: May 07, 2019, 03:25:00 PM »
Well that's new. Ken Lord, the Star Citizen fan mentioned in the Forbes article who, aside from sunk cost fallacy, clearly has self-control issues, has issued a Reddit statement. It's lovely.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #1988 on: May 07, 2019, 04:15:38 PM »
Well that's new. Ken Lord, the Star Citizen fan mentioned in the Forbes article who, aside from sunk cost fallacy, clearly has self-control issues, has issued a Reddit statement. It's lovely.

Yeah, I read that and it hit me in the feels a bit, got to admire the guys honesty about his own failings. I doubt CR would ever have that kind of self reflectipn.

Also, very untrustworthy of CIG to reveal his spending to the media.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1989 on: May 07, 2019, 04:30:13 PM »
Also, very untrustworthy of CIG to reveal his spending to the media.

They didn't. He sued them - and lost; and it's in the public record.

Greggy_D

« Reply #1990 on: May 07, 2019, 07:14:21 PM »
Not his transactions AFTER his lawsuit.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #1991 on: May 07, 2019, 09:18:05 PM »
They didn't. He sued them - and lost; and it's in the public record.

I was referring to his recent transactions mentioned in the original article.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1992 on: May 08, 2019, 04:53:40 AM »
Not his transactions AFTER his lawsuit.

Right. But I don't believe that they were the ones to reveal that. His Reddit comment doesn't give much info on whether or not he was the one who spoke with the Forbes writer.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #1993 on: May 08, 2019, 05:43:44 AM »
Right. But I don't believe that they were the ones to reveal that. His Reddit comment doesn't give much info on whether or not he was the one who spoke with the Forbes writer.

I got the sense that he spoke to them, but they asked him questions about his recent purchases, and that had come from CIG. Reading it again, I might have read too much into it.

Noztra

« Reply #1994 on: May 12, 2019, 11:32:39 PM »
So people now think that ray-tracing with come to SC, now that Crytek announced their new roadmap.

Of course Lumberyard gonna get ray-tracing and its gonna be put into SC. The game already has the framerate of an old PS2 game, so ray-tracing really gonna help with performance..

https://www.techpowerup.com/255385/crytek-updates-cryengine-roadmap-version-5-7-to-support-directx-12-vulkan-and-ray-tracing

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk