Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1234736 times)

Spunky Munkee

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1560 on: October 20, 2017, 01:13:32 AM »
This was posted on the SC reddit page by T Coda, great find.
Go to 22:50 and listen to this scumbucket plot his deception.

It is an interview where Robbers says that game creators bullshit the publishers and the general consumer audience by faking demos, he goes on to talk about vertical slices and other buzzwords used to bamboozle non developers who wont go through the effort to examine the code. It is a confession of future intent.

Now who called it a long time ago? The original Star Resident watchdog?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:15:28 AM by Spunky Munkee »

Motto

« Reply #1561 on: October 20, 2017, 04:47:45 AM »
You realize, of course, that the law of internet idiocy dictates that the discussion will not change into "Derek Smart was Right", but rather "This is all Derek Smart's fault."

No, they can't do that. Since they claim Derek is just an old retarded failed washed-out jealous wanna be developer with the hots on for Sandi that is of no consequence whatsoever - feel free to add more things here Derek - he cannot singlehandedly be responsible for the downfall of a game that crowdfunded more than 160 million. Does. Not. Compute.

Even if they did, if Derek was right because of his own doing(s), that still means he was right. They can't argue with that fact  :D

But, we all know their responses:

And you know what it'll turn into when CIG collapses:

"If only CIG had had more time, they actually could have made the BDSSE. But all those people - who don't know anything about game development - were too impatient to give Chris a real fighting chance. With 160 million and six years, it's no wonder the game still wasn't finished. Of course that wasn't enough time nor money. If all those impatient people hadn't asked for a refund, Chris probably would have made it. It's their fault, those stinky leavers. And of course, that fucking Derek too. You know, the guy who started it all. Let's hope Chris hasn't given up on his (our!) dream and maybe he'll try again. He still got the rights, doesn't he? I'll back him!"

Called it!

I do wonder how the R/DS will handle the crashing and burning of CIG. There's a bunch of utter lunatics there obsessed with putting Derek down. How they are gonna handle the fact that after all their endless comments on Derek being wrong, he actually was right? Best guess, they can't, and kill themselves. Which actually isn't so bad come to think of it. They're doing themselves as much a favor as us.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 05:03:42 AM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1562 on: October 20, 2017, 06:55:22 AM »
You realize, of course, that the law of internet idiocy dictates that the discussion will not change into "Derek Smart was Right", but rather "This is all Derek Smart's fault."

Yup, we're all expecting that. But since us normies outnumber the complete morons, I remain confident that their narrative will just get laughed at.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1563 on: October 20, 2017, 07:09:31 AM »
So, the latest Burndown out. It's really dull, it's mostly about the shopping screen UI so you can buy a cargo, take it somewhere and sell it. Another gameplay element which has been present in games since the 80s, was never fun and they've overcomplicated it as usual. 

I watched some of it. This is why us devs tend not to showcase the boring side of game dev. Just the other day I was in a Twitter exchange when someone ribbing me about how much time I have on my hands. This was my response.

I was just now fixing a couple of bugs in UCCE 3.x, while checking for the latest hilarity. Then I ran through Jira for LOD. Always busy

This is what I was doing moments ago. It's the second upcoming UCCE 3.0x patch in two weeks. http://3000ad.com/ucce30-changelog/

It's for this btw http;//www.bc3000ad.com

Clearly, Burndown is now just a mechanism to explain why the game will stay in Evocati indefinitely.

Oh God, if only you knew how close to the truth that statement is. However, it won't stay in Evocati indefinitely, they will sweep the bugs under the rug by adding them to the 3000+ list already in 2.6.3. I posted proof yesterday based on a new Evocati instruction they sent out ahead of the 3.0.0f patch.

So the new Evocati edict says an issue will now expire/archive within 48 hrs instead of 30 days, unless reproduced 10 times. LOL!
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1564 on: October 20, 2017, 07:12:21 AM »
This was posted on the SC reddit page by T Coda, great find.
Go to 22:50 and listen to this scumbucket plot his deception.

It is an interview where Robbers says that game creators bullshit the publishers and the general consumer audience by faking demos, he goes on to talk about vertical slices and other buzzwords used to bamboozle non developers who wont go through the effort to examine the code. It is a confession of future intent.

Now who called it a long time ago? The original Star Resident watchdog?

Yeah, I remember that one. It's precisely what they ended up doing.

What's the Reddit thread for it btw?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1565 on: October 20, 2017, 07:23:17 AM »
No, they can't do that. Since they claim Derek is just an old retarded failed washed-out jealous wanna be developer with the hots on for Sandi that is of no consequence whatsoever - feel free to add more things here Derek - he cannot singlehandedly be responsible for the downfall of a game that crowdfunded more than 160 million. Does. Not. Compute.

I think you got most of it covered. Good job.  :five: :five: :five:

Even if they did, if Derek was right because of his own doing(s), that still means he was right. They can't argue with that fact  :D

Wanna bet? Never underestimate the power of idiocy. It's almost as if you haven't been to /r/ds or /r/starcitizen   :eng101:  :lol:

But, we all know their responses:

"If only CIG had had more time, they actually could have made the BDSSE. But all those people - who don't know anything about game development - were too impatient to give Chris a real fighting chance. With 160 million and six years, it's no wonder the game still wasn't finished. Of course that wasn't enough time nor money. If all those impatient people hadn't asked for a refund, Chris probably would have made it. It's their fault, those stinky leavers. And of course, that fucking Derek too. You know, the guy who started it all. Let's hope Chris hasn't given up on his (our!) dream and maybe he'll try again. He still got the rights, doesn't he? I'll back him!"

Yes, that's precisely how I think they will spin it, while conveniently forgetting the fact that 1) I had said in the July Blog that they couldn't possible build the overscoped game for less than $150 million 2) that even with over $150 million, they still couldn't build it 3) Croberts stated at $65M (Nov 2014), that was all they needed to build that scope 5) Croberts stated that they had money in reserves, and if funding stopped, they could still finish the games

I do wonder how the R/DS will handle the crashing and burning of CIG. There's a bunch of utter lunatics there obsessed with putting Derek down. How they are gonna handle the fact that after all their endless comments on Derek being wrong, he actually was right? Best guess, they can't, and kill themselves. Which actually isn't so bad come to think of it. They're doing themselves as much a favor as us.

I think those /r/ds ass-clowns are mostly going to be the ones who are going to be pushing the narrative you outlined above.

Also, as I am planning on filing a John Doe lawsuit against a group of those engaged in blatant defamation, seeing as the very existence of the Reddit and the posters there already met the most important bar for "statements with malicious intent", if nothing else, that's what we're going to be talking about post-collapse because it will most certainly get media coverage alongside the "Derek Smart was right" narrative because they setup a hate Reddit for the sole purpose of engaging in targeted harassment against someone writing bad stuff about their failed video game. Reddit knows I'm coming. Reddit admins know I'm coming. The Reddit /r/ds mods know I'm coming.

Motto

Motto

« Reply #1567 on: October 20, 2017, 02:08:14 PM »
Here's a thought  :D

Exinos on SA posted: The pioneer is a game changer because if the limited quantities don't all sell out then ownership of all CIG game assets changes over Coutts.

ChrisIhao

« Reply #1568 on: October 21, 2017, 01:09:12 AM »
Limited edition. For six months. Then cig is desperate to sell a lot of extra ships, so their statements regarding "exclusivity" is thrown out the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motto

« Reply #1569 on: October 21, 2017, 01:10:36 AM »
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Six months is probably more time than they have left  :smuggo:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1570 on: October 23, 2017, 10:17:41 AM »
So CIG had a panel at TwitchCon. Yes, it was cringe-worthy and immediately forgettable.

BUT there was some hilarity-worthy part.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingAmorphousPastaDuDudu

Lando says the "game is practically finished". Nobody knows what he even means, but let's just let our imaginations run wild as we try to process which of these he meant:

1) 3.0 is finished and ready to release

2) Star Citizen is finished and ready to release

3) Star Citizen is finished and the dream is dead and over

I'm going with the Freudian slip that he actually meant #3
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:18:25 PM by dsmart »

nightfire

« Reply #1571 on: October 23, 2017, 01:32:02 PM »
Lando says the "game is practically finished". Nobody knows what he even means, but let's just let our imaginations run wild as we try to process which of these he meant:

In my opinion, he confirmed that 3.0 == MVP and no more refunds since MVP == finished product.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1572 on: October 23, 2017, 02:10:51 PM »

In my opinion, he confirmed that 3.0 == MVP and no more refunds since MVP == finished product.

Yeah quite possibly. We'll find out more in 4 days!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1573 on: October 23, 2017, 02:20:49 PM »
So CIG had a panel at TwitchCon. Yes, it was cringe-worthy and immediately forgettable.

BUT there was some hilarity-worthy part.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingAmorphousPastaDuDudu

1) 3.0 is finished and ready to release

2) Star Citizen is finished and ready to release

3) Star Citizen is finished and the dream is dead and over

I'm going with the Freudian slip that he actually meant #3

They can't even keep up with their own narrative anymore. This was 3 days ago he was saying "they're just getting started"

Motto

« Reply #1574 on: October 25, 2017, 11:41:32 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk