Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1234563 times)

N0mad

Aya Reiko

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1576 on: October 26, 2017, 03:09:45 AM »
So CIG had a panel at TwitchCon. Yes, it was cringe-worthy and immediately forgettable.

BUT there was some hilarity-worthy part.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingAmorphousPastaDuDudu

Lando says the "game is practically finished". Nobody knows what he even means, but let's just let our imaginations run wild as we try to process which of these he meant:

1) 3.0 is finished and ready to release

2) Star Citizen is finished and ready to release

3) Star Citizen is finished and the dream is dead and over

I'm going with the Freudian slip that he actually meant #3
If The Agent is right, it's #3.  Once 3.0 drops, I wouldn't be surprised if CRoberts skips town.

N0mad

« Reply #1577 on: October 26, 2017, 03:50:19 AM »
If The Agent is right, it's #3.  Once 3.0 drops, I wouldn't be surprised if CRoberts skips town.

Nah, they'll just carry on as before trying to screw more money out of the whales by making more promises they knowingly can't keep.

When people talk about 3.0 being "the finished game", I suspect they mean it in a legal sense so that they can refuse refunds. If they can milk more money out of the idiots at CitizenCon then I don't see why they can't carry on failing to make a game whilst selling Jpegs based on lies and deception.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1578 on: October 26, 2017, 03:55:01 AM »
I almost hope these idiots buy a few million dollars worth of JPEGS just so their smug shit eating grins sting even more when the end comes. Boy did I hate those morons in Spectrum.

the_wolfmann

« Reply #1579 on: October 26, 2017, 05:06:40 AM »
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x666ggn

What. The. Actual. Gently caress! I need a hug after watching this horror :reddit:

It's obvious their code is loving sphagetti but to actually sphagettify character models? That's on a whole 'nother level. :magical:

nightfire

« Reply #1580 on: October 26, 2017, 01:00:20 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/78xxub/my_refund_story_so_far_or_how_i_try_to_get_back/

Holy crapola… another whale on the beach (assuming that he's a legit whale, and not a herring)  :cripes:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1581 on: October 26, 2017, 01:00:45 PM »
Yeah, Gorf's back. And Shitizens are going to be walking off a cliff going into CitizenCon tomorrow.

This is an overdue update to the 3.0 Progress Infographic. As always, distribute freely if so motivated. Corrections always welcomed (and seemingly always needed.) If events on the show floor reveal surprises that need to be accounted for, they will of course be added.

As for predictions, I still think a 3.0 only show is going to be salting wounds and reminding people of their frustrations with the above.

So as I stated a while back and as Beer just posted, I’m expected a surprise Squadron glimpse, despite CIG’s claims to the contrary... Not because Squadron is the solution to their big problems — particularly not their financial ones — but because it remains largely an untapped source of celebrity-infused hype. The goodwill reserves of Mark Hamill, the megawatt luminance of their prestige cast for older nerds (Oldman, Andersen, etc.), Squadron still has the potential to distract the aggrieved, to attract the uninformed, to boater the flagging confidence of the exhausted and to get media outlets parroting then again for a change. And of course it would consummate a long overdue promise from last fall.

So I predict a Squadron moment - even if it only points towards a year end BIG REVEAL. They have to change the narrative (above) in such a desperate, palpable way, and I think “Starring Luke Skywalker!” is just the Jedi mind trick they need.

(Plus with Sandi unexpectedly cut from American Satan, she really needs a break. A little shared screentime with a familiar face might be just the update she needs to give her show reel some heat...)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 01:13:24 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1582 on: October 26, 2017, 01:02:06 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/78xxub/my_refund_story_so_far_or_how_i_try_to_get_back/

Holy crapola… another whale on the beach (assuming that he's a legit whale, and not a herring)  :cripes:

Yeah, saw that earlier. I know who that is actually.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1583 on: October 26, 2017, 01:08:39 PM »
Pioneer pre-sale is live.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/78xkq7/pioneer_presale_if_you_have_access/

Now look at this shit. I mean, seriously.

nightfire

« Reply #1584 on: October 26, 2017, 01:13:10 PM »
I know who that is actually.

You still have an alt who didn't refund yet? :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1585 on: October 26, 2017, 01:14:05 PM »

You still have an alt who didn't refund yet? :D

Yup. Sure do. And I have two people in Evocati whose accounts we use to "test" the on-going dumpster fire.

nightfire

« Reply #1586 on: October 26, 2017, 01:37:17 PM »

Hopefully not that "Kastenbrust" guy again, posting from the warden's PC at the asylum ;)

Motto

« Reply #1587 on: October 26, 2017, 02:29:32 PM »
Pioneer pre-sale is live.

Now look at this shit. I mean, seriously.

Clever. Starting the sale just before Shitizen Con will tank the hopes and dreams of everybody that Scam Shitizen will ever see the light of day. They claim to have 2 hours of 300K selling this picture. That would suggest that 700 people again dumped $ 850,- each into Chris' exit strategy. Dumb fuckers   :doh:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 08:09:51 AM by Motto »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1588 on: October 26, 2017, 05:37:05 PM »
Don't fret. I'm sure that they are spending money they don't really need. Robbers clearly needs it more than they do since he is willing to lie and cheat to get it. It will make the collapse all the more memorable.

Do you remember the end of the Titanic movie when the ship sinks and all is quiet except for the cries of the unfortunate souls freezing to death. That's what the mood will be like when finally collapses. CIG will maintain the illusion and Cultists will stay hopeful that new content is coming and bug fixes will give them what they had wanted. Sadly for them no fixes will arrive and Robbers will claim that he himself is working tirelessly to finish the game. Because of his continued efforts there will be no refunds or audits.
Its a possibility.

N0mad

« Reply #1589 on: October 27, 2017, 01:13:55 AM »
Just watched the latest  :supaburn: Burndown :supaburn: Spoiler alert: it's dull, it's really dull. They talk a lot about netcode, presumably to convince everyone that they still care about it. What they really need is a Thick of It / Veep episode with CRoberts and Sandi prowling around the office shouting at people.

They still have 16 issues remaining, for shopping and cargo I presume.

The only interesting bit is that next week they will have a "revised production report" to "highlight the remaining issues which need completing before we push to a wider PTU and then full wider release". My translation: "it's all a mess, we've held back all the really bad news until after CitizenCon" - expect salt, lots of salt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk