Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1228827 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1530 on: October 14, 2017, 11:00:26 AM »
Oh, is this the "Guess the Year" contest?

N0mad

« Reply #1531 on: October 14, 2017, 11:21:07 AM »
Let's celebrate the anniversary of this.

Given that Chris promised 3.0 in Dec 2016 I'd wager that he doesn't know the difference between a scripted tech demo and an actual game, which is worrying. Although neither do the whales. I don't think Chris was lying, given what I've seen of him recently, I think he's just incompetent and ignorant about how a modern computer game is made.

I can't help but feel that CitizenCon is going to be a much more sober affair this year - less hype and probably fewer ship sales as a result. I wonder if they'll have sandworms this year? probably not.

Motto

« Reply #1532 on: October 14, 2017, 11:28:38 AM »
No Sandworms this year. They've leased them to Frontier  :D

impostor

« Reply #1533 on: October 14, 2017, 05:27:54 PM »
well this complete release announcement stuff is totally gone nuts...  :vince:

:wtchris: https://goo.gl/MgJB4c  :wtchris:

StanTheMan

« Reply #1534 on: October 14, 2017, 06:06:15 PM »
Just spotted this on Reddit
"Squadron 42 will be the focus of our Holiday Livestream in December"

"With Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 in Evocati test phase and a lot of our developers working on wrapping up the remaining features and polish needed to get 3.0 into everyone’s hands, we have decided to focus CitizenCon on Alpha 3.0 and beyond.
Squadron 42 will be the focus of our Holiday Livestream in December, where we will preview some gameplay and share our roadmap for its completion."

I think this is a quote from the newsletter, could someone confirm please.

Interesting that they want to focus CitizenCon on 3.0, because that went so well at GamesCom. Perhaps they didn't have time to get the SQ42 level tech demo finished? I'm sure they'll want to focus on what's beyond 3.0 to keep the hype train going, plus ship sales of course.

Are they stupid enough to show more live gameplay examples of the buggy 3.0 build? I can't wait to find out. Perhaps they don't have anything else to show?

Focusing on Sq42 at CC enables them to do very  little on 3.0 and beyond.

Giving them a few minutes of Mark, Gary et Al's voice over and Mocap will keep them happy enough.

nightfire

« Reply #1535 on: October 14, 2017, 07:32:52 PM »
Focusing on Sq42 at CC enables them to do very  little on 3.0 and beyond.

But that's not what they're saying. They want to focus on 3.0 at CC and on SQ42 later in December (because, hype train).

N0mad

« Reply #1536 on: October 14, 2017, 11:26:40 PM »
well this complete release announcement stuff is totally gone nuts...  :vince:

:wtchris: https://goo.gl/MgJB4c  :wtchris:

Clearly you're a bit confused, that video is about Line of Duty, not Star Citizen. Youtube have a habit of mislabelling any video with mention of a space sim as a Star Citizen video (because it appears that CIG are much better at making videos rather than a game), but they're totally different games in actual fact.

Here we discuss Star Citizen, you're welcome to join in.

If you're still struggling with this concept then I'm sure members of this community will help you - we can also use pictures to explain if you can't manage complicated words.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:32:19 PM by N0mad »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1537 on: October 15, 2017, 12:37:07 AM »
Clearly they are just switching what carrot they are hanging in front of the donkeys. As you suggested they can buy themselves some SC breathing room by claiming to work on a game that nobody has seen any gameplay ever in 6 years other than that very old and dated looking Morrow Tour introductory film.

These backers will never learn.

N0mad

« Reply #1538 on: October 15, 2017, 01:02:04 AM »
Clearly they are just switching what carrot they are hanging in front of the donkeys. As you suggested they can buy themselves some SC breathing room by claiming to work on a game that nobody has seen any gameplay ever in 6 years other than that very old and dated looking Morrow Tour introductory film.

These backers will never learn.

Rather than cancelling SQ42 from CitizenCon "because it's very nearly but not quite ready", they can give that same excuse at the holiday live stream instead without impacting ship sales at CitizenCon!

Resin

« Reply #1539 on: October 15, 2017, 03:31:59 AM »
 Was this here already? Foundry 42’s account is overdue:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 03:55:32 AM by Resin »

Motto

« Reply #1540 on: October 15, 2017, 03:47:44 AM »
That's CIG UK that's overdue. Foundry 42 still has some time left

Roberts Space Industies International Limited is overdue on the Confirmation Statement as well.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:14:13 AM by Motto »

Motto

« Reply #1541 on: October 15, 2017, 04:44:18 AM »
They realise they need to feed the hype better in order to survive, so anyone interested in the position of Senior Director Global Community? And if they had one before, did he quit or got fired? Or was this Ben's job?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:47:45 AM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1542 on: October 15, 2017, 05:46:24 AM »
They are usually late. Except for that one time when they had to fix their books as part of trying to get the Coutts loan. I bet they file this next year, instead of risk the public exposure during CitizenCon and anniversary stream.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

nightfire

« Reply #1543 on: October 15, 2017, 07:58:26 AM »
I bet they file this next year
Please, don’t say that there will be a „next year“ for CIG…  :vince:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1544 on: October 15, 2017, 04:53:01 PM »
I bet they file this next year
Please, don’t say that there will be a „next year“ for CIG…  :vince:

Even if they go bust tomorrow, there will be a next year because they would still need to wind down ops, file 2017 taxes etc. :)
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk