Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1139916 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1620 on: December 15, 2018, 06:34:36 AM »
Ah yeah, fun times with Lior

Dec 10

Dec 14

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:38:17 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1621 on: December 15, 2018, 06:36:53 AM »
Let's talk. About going back to a law school and, oh, i dunno, maybe actually learn the law?

StanTheMan

« Reply #1622 on: December 15, 2018, 08:17:56 AM »
Let's talk. About going back to a law school and, oh, i dunno, maybe actually learn the law?

It is very telling. 

Like a pilot looking at the wreckage of an aeroplane crash and saying that the plane landed safely.    Then back peddling to say he meant there was a survivor.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1623 on: December 16, 2018, 09:41:19 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1624 on: December 16, 2018, 12:45:44 PM »

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #1625 on: December 16, 2018, 01:01:52 PM »
I am shocked that this didn't even last 50 posts :emot-lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/a6qvcf/id_like_to_welcome_cigs_new_owners_to_the_bdsse/

There have been some private shareholding investors in CIG from day one.

This isn't new info.

Way to spaz the fuck out over nothing.

This is the way they are rationalising the new Cayman Islands investment.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1626 on: December 16, 2018, 01:56:02 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1627 on: December 16, 2018, 01:56:34 PM »

We shouldn't be shocked by this.

jwh1701

« Reply #1628 on: December 16, 2018, 05:36:31 PM »
10 bux says it's deleted/closed by end of day

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/next-broken-promise-so-we-have-investors-now

I will take that bet and raise you hull-c, it had short life but will not be forgotten.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1629 on: December 16, 2018, 07:12:46 PM »
This is not new info, that is why it must be removed, so nobody sees that Star Citizen has a publisher since day one.  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1630 on: December 17, 2018, 05:17:43 AM »
This is not new info, that is why it must be removed, so nobody sees that Star Citizen has a publisher since day one.  :laugh:

They are literally in denial. In all my years of gaming, I have never seen anything like it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1631 on: December 17, 2018, 10:33:10 AM »
They're already tying themselves in knots over there.

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/a71fdb/cig_uk_fillings_daniel_offner_is_the_new_company/

For the record, there is ZERO evidence that Dan is tied to ANY of the three off-shore companies that recently invested in CIG this past Summer. So that guy who created that Reddit thread is doing what they do: make stuff up out of whole cloth because it stifles the tears.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1632 on: December 17, 2018, 09:25:31 PM »
They're already tying themselves in knots over there.

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/a71fdb/cig_uk_fillings_daniel_offner_is_the_new_company/

For the record, there is ZERO evidence that Dan is tied to ANY of the three off-shore companies that recently invested in CIG this past Summer. So that guy who created that Reddit thread is doing what they do: make stuff up out of whole cloth because it stifles the tears.

I can guess what Dan's nickname is in certain circles and it is definitely related to a popular Jamaican chicken spice mix.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 09:27:54 PM by StanTheMan »

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #1633 on: December 17, 2018, 09:45:39 PM »
Some wazzock on Reddit:

CIG is imho already to matured for VC, as its next main product release (sq42) is already ~80% (just my estimate, of course...)

K, is this like the last 20% is 80% of the work thing?

My hypothesis is the following:

Dan Offner was approached by CIG to help selling the tech that CGI is developing either in form of licensing or joint ventures or whatever. Maybe even to exchange some tech for tech (AI?).

He definitely has the expertise and connections to do so.

Becoming a shareholder of CIG was almost certainly a requirement on his behalf that ultimately the Roberts had to agree to.

What tech exactly are they going to be selling?  These guys are theory crafting so much they really are living in a fantasy world.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1634 on: December 18, 2018, 01:31:09 AM »
These clowns are often claiming that CIG has developed some wonderous gaming tech that allowed some sort of cloud movement or some other rubbish. Even if they had hatched a novel idea or technique CIG does not own Crytek or Lumberyard so I think the  development might be tied to the engine, worthless to most organizations.

TRhis is obviously tied to the claim that CIG has created anything but a large money pit, such claims are dubious at best. They are like children huddled together in the dark. "Oh Lord Robbers will come and save us, he would never let the boogie man get us"! Totally cringeworthy people.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk