Games > Star Citizen

Star Citizen Breaking News

(1/118) > >>

dsmart:
BREAKING! Confirmed. NO REFUNDS policy now in place for Star Citizen. Not sure when it will be across the board. We knew this was coming.

Some of these are now up on refunds Reddit, along with a helpful thread on legal recourse.

So far nobody knows what is going on. My one credible source was the one who told me that he has to check around because they (devs) have no clue wtf management is even doing from one minute to the next. They he came back about an hour go and basically said that's the policy going forward.

He did say that the person who notified him, said that she was told that it was always the policy, but that they were issuing refunds on a case by case basis all this time and not something they were required to do.

What's puzzling is that this whole "refund dump" on Reddit happened within the span of 48 hrs following not only my latest article, but also my Tweet reminding people that refunds were going away. I would hate to think that CIG are still reacting to what I'm saying.

Fact is, they apparently are clearing their refund backlog and someone probably hit the "bulk" check mark and hit the send button on "Fuck you, no moah refunds". Of course not everyone is going to run off to Reddit.

The wording of some of those CS emails though, is highly suspect as well, which is why I am stil l not entirely sure that all of them are real. But CIG hires largely incompetent people, so there's that.

nightfire:

--- Quote from: dsmart on October 11, 2017, 04:18:11 PM ---BREAKING! Confirmed. NO REFUNDS policy now in place for Star Citizen. Not sure when it will be across the board. We knew this was coming.

--- End quote ---

Well, you called it. I repeat: you called it. There's no denying that, and even some of the Shitizens over there seem to admit, teeth clenched, that you were right on this one occasion, by pure chance, and that you're to blame for it of course ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

dsmart:
I think what's going on is that they are setting the "F@ck you! No Refund!" stage now, going into CC2017 because that's probably when they had planned to drop the shit-fest that is 3.0 into the PTU. And they know what's going to happen.

If they don't release it during CC2017, they will probably hang on to it until last minute in Dec after the anniversary sale (like they did with 2.6 last year). Given the condition of 3.0, they are completely and utterly fucked because:

1) If they DON'T release 3.0 around the CC2017 or anniversary period, they look bad.

2) If they DO release 3.0 around the CC2017 or anniversary period, they look worse because, truly, 3.0 is shit and I don't see how they are going to fix it in the next two months for the anniversary, let alone in the next two weeks for CC2017.

Backer42:
They could have done all this from 2013: release one buggy pre-alpha after the next, keep the backers busy and the refunds low. Switch game engines mid-development (like 2015) or whatever. Add content each quarter, even if it's broken.

They would have had at least some kind of awful, broken game with bad art direction by now.

Instead they decided in 2016 to waste time on smoke & mirrors for GamesCom and go with nothing but propaganda on YouTube for 18 months in a failed attempt to polish some early access techdemo.

dsmart:
$10K+ backer. He's in Canada. CIG sends him a check he can't cash.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/760co4/refunded_by_cheque_that_cant_be_cashed/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version