Author Topic: Star Citizen Breaking News  (Read 285822 times)

StanTheMan

Re: Star Citizen - Breaking News
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2017, 10:16:06 AM »
I know what they're doing with your money

They're spending it.

Game development is...can be...very expensive

If you are concerned that they are squandering your money, that they are wasting your money....well, they are.

They have space doors to pay for...the debacle over third parties and communication issues would have cost millions...I believe Chris Roberts did get his (IIRC) $3 million to license Star Citizen to CIG (if I understand the reports correctly) so at least that money was well spent. And of course, there are the upcoming lawyers fees....

So - the answer - IMO anyway - is that the money is being squandered and misspent. I just can't be sure how much.

Or are you worried about if they have any money left? Well...the UK based F42 looks to have posts CIG about $70 million over three years. Double that to account for the other three offices, and add in a bit extra to account for the previous three years. They've got between (less than) $0 and $40 million in reserve depending on the estimates.

Seriously - really - I don't think CIG have any interest in releasing their financial information. Or at least, any more than they have to. And I don't believe they'll pay attention to any petition or poll.

If you are concerned about finances, the only thing I can really suggest is that you ask for a refund on the grounds that they haven't provided the product you paid for. That might work.

Organise a way for Backers to ask CIG for a refund (as individuals) with the understanding that you will all buy back in en mass once accounts are published.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:19:31 AM by StanTheMan »

justme

« Reply #211 on: January 01, 2018, 06:44:53 AM »
does anybody really thinks, that we will ever see a real financial report?
they have that much known sub companies, and nobody knows, how many
others are out there. with that amount of many they have and they do,
they easily could hire some well known financial companies, to get the reports
and taxes optimized.
the only way to get this done would be, to find and freeze every relating account
and put a specialized team of people on this.
but normaly, these people won't work for the gov, because the financial companies
pay a multiple salary. knowledge is money.

i think this would be a don quixote fight.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #212 on: January 01, 2018, 07:06:47 AM »
Organise a way for Backers to ask CIG for a refund (as individuals) with the understanding that you will all buy back in en mass once accounts are published.
I don't think anybody sane is ever going to buy back into that trainwreck.

It already shows that it fails to perform as enjoyable video game. Even in the very early and broken stages of Minecraft pre-alpha people were already enjoying playing it so much, that they started creating mods for a broken WIP game to extend it. As we know the rest is history.

Anything I've ever seen or played from Star Citizen was outright frustrating, boring and cumbersome. This is never going to become an product of real entertainment with Chris Roberts at the helm. This guy has no clue how to make video games.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #213 on: January 01, 2018, 09:32:01 AM »
and taxes optimized.
the only way to get this done would be, to find and freeze every relating account
but normaly, these people won't work for the gov, because the financial companies

Only investors, parties with financial interests (e.g. the Crytek lawsuit), or the State|Fed officials will ever get access to the financials. Backers never - ever - will.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Aya Reiko

« Reply #214 on: January 01, 2018, 01:18:38 PM »
and taxes optimized.

Only in the discovery phase in the aftermath of CryTek's lawsuit.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2018, 07:06:28 AM »
Skadden amended their lawsuit complaint against CIG. I have written a thread covering it.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

N0mad

« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2018, 07:13:44 AM »
When's the deadline for CIG to file a response?

jwh1701

« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2018, 07:21:59 AM »
Skadden amended their lawsuit complaint against CIG. I have written a thread covering it.

Good write up, I'm very interested to see the your take on the response from CIG when it happens.

nightfire

« Reply #218 on: January 03, 2018, 08:07:22 AM »

They peppered it with a fair sprinkling of the word "intentional"  :smuggo:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #219 on: January 03, 2018, 08:15:19 AM »
Good write up, I'm very interested to see the your take on the response from CIG when it happens.

They were due to respond today, as per the Pacer listing. But this amended complaint probably means that RSI/CIG have more time to respond. Which means that they probably won't respond today, which is the deadline as per the original complaint.

I can't wait to read their response. It's going to be amazing.

Flashwit

« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2018, 10:05:00 AM »
Haha, I know it's just legalese but it reads like Skadden has gotten their hands on a distribution of Squadron 42.

Quote from: Skadden
66. Defendants continue to intentionally reproduce, display, and distribute new versions of Squadron 42 that embed the copyrighted CryEngine computer program without authorization.

I gotta get me a copy of that.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2018, 11:14:48 AM »
Haha, I know it's just legalese but it reads like Skadden has gotten their hands on a distribution of Squadron 42.

I gotta get me a copy of that.

No they don't. Hence the use of the word "intentionally"

StanTheMan

« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2018, 06:15:15 PM »
So the implication of intentionally being included is that Scadden is likely to have strong evidence of that being so (or else it wouldn't be worth the risk  to their/the cases credibility amend the complaint at this stage in that manner)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2018, 05:22:02 AM »
So the implication of intentionally being included is that Scadden is likely to have strong evidence of that being so (or else it wouldn't be worth the risk  to their/the cases credibility amend the complaint at this stage in that manner)

Pretty much. They're now implying that RSI/CIG were well aware that they were breaching the agreement, but did it anyway. Showing intent is key to damages.

premiumnugz

« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2018, 07:05:44 AM »
I can't wait to read their response. It's going to be amazing.

Oh god imagine if that egotistical moron Ortwin writes it :laugh:

"Chris Roberts is Jesus and we can do whatever we want, who are you US Courts to challenge the mighty Star Citizen and take money out of the hungry mouths of Star Citizen fans?"

That's a joke but so is Ortwin as an attorney.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk