Author Topic: Star Citizen Breaking News  (Read 281211 times)

Spunky Munkee

Re: Star Citizen - Breaking News
« Reply #435 on: September 02, 2018, 10:22:01 AM »
Lots of interesting takes on this weasel. Can we disect him?

JUST KIDDING!

I dont want to be accused of violence here! Some people have no sense of humor. Life is short enough without going to prison for the likes of Clit Robbers.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #436 on: October 16, 2018, 05:46:30 AM »
Well, we're now in criminal behavior territory as they haven't filed accounts for CIG (the parent company that owns/runs/funds RSI and F42)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/confirmation-statement-guidance

It’s a criminal offence not to file your statement within 14 days of the end of the review period. If you don’t file, your company and its officers may be prosecuted. Your company may also be struck off the register.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #437 on: October 16, 2018, 10:16:00 AM »
Well, we're now in criminal behavior territory as they haven't filed accounts for CIG (the parent company that owns/runs/funds RSI and F42)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/confirmation-statement-guidance

I'm really amazed they have not filed since they certainly seem to be lacking morality through out the life of this tech demo. Could they not like everything else they have and fudged the numbers enough to get it filed.

Can anyone theorize why they are delaying, this would be my real question.

Update: Just saw they updated thread concerning the accounting, it seems they are and have been running loose with the accounting practices.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 11:02:03 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #438 on: October 16, 2018, 12:21:15 PM »
Yeah, it's all very fishy. CIG is the main company; so we have to wait and see what they do file.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #439 on: October 16, 2018, 08:45:08 PM »
Presumably there is a fine for filing late. 

Another waste of Backers funds.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #440 on: October 22, 2018, 09:40:11 AM »

jwh1701

« Reply #441 on: October 22, 2018, 02:02:11 PM »
Ben Lesnick

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1054403253096583168

I thought he was a little off, but it shows Chris's nepotism has really helped him bring the dumpster fire to full burn.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #442 on: October 22, 2018, 02:33:48 PM »
I thought he was a little off, but it shows Chris's nepotism has really helped him bring the dumpster fire to full burn.

Well someone alerted him to my thread. He immediately went on a banning spree on his Discord channel :emot-lol: It's almost as if I struck a nerve.

StanTheMan

« Reply #443 on: October 22, 2018, 05:47:13 PM »
So what is the allegation... he was manipulating CIGs system so he could get free ships then selling them on Grey Market ..or just buying up limited edition ships and selling them on the Grey Market ?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #444 on: October 23, 2018, 03:08:09 AM »
So what is the allegation... he was manipulating CIGs system so he could get free ships then selling them on Grey Market ..or just buying up limited edition ships and selling them on the Grey Market ?

No clue how he was procuring the ships; but the allegation is that him and others were engaged in Grey market ship sales for quite a long period of time.

StanTheMan

« Reply #445 on: October 23, 2018, 03:28:15 AM »
I did a bit of trading in the SC Grey Market but my RMT experience came from several years in Warcraft, Aion etc farming and selling currency and buying accounts.

In 2014/15 I  looked at the SC Grey Market for the first time and it was obvious then that there were a few very well stocked "stores".  You only get to that position if you have access to people wanting to sell their assets and there were not that many sites around mirroring reddit (in English). 

You wondered where they were getting their supply from and why people would be willing to risk losing their ships/accounts when the sums involved were so high.

It is one thing for a teenager to level an account up then decide to sell it but another for an adult to want to sell a SC ship for a game not released and potentially worth more when the expected game is released.   Sure there are some people that would want to liquidise their assets but not that many and it all represented a significant risk for the people buying them and holding stock.

If they are stolen from accounts or you have gotten them free the risk of an actual monetary loss is obviously a lot smaller.   As it is operating as an agent or other middleman putting a seller and buyer together but that also implies a much more time consuming arrangement.    You have to find people willing to sell, gain their trust and go off and do work to find buyers etc...

So it is plausible that people with large lists of ships for sale were either hacking accounts, or otherwise getting them free.   

Then you have the money laundering side .

someone like Ben wouldn't have the experience to manage an operation like this unless he had been trading in other markets prior to SC.   He also wouldn't have the time or the inclination if he was working for CIG.

What would be more plausible to me would be someone outside approaching certain SC staff and coming up with an arrangement to buy ships/accounts on a regular basis or bumping into them when they were selling say one of their own ships (possibly legitimately as far as their Employment Contract was concerned) then that escalating into a much more serious/regular arrangement that made them a useful income on the side.

People of Lesnicks age that have a career are less likely to take a risk like this but Ben hadn't had a typical career so perhaps he lacked judgement.  He would maybe have had access to accounts early on because processes were not in place to protect accounts particularly from employees or prevent them being created with a supply of free ships by someone on the inside..

If he was getting slighted and falling out of favour he might have been tempted later on in his SC career..

Anyhow in the absence of evidence it is all speculation.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 03:43:34 AM by StanTheMan »

jwh1701

« Reply #446 on: October 23, 2018, 06:53:38 AM »
I did a bit of trading in the SC Grey Market but my RMT experience came from several years in Warcraft, Aion etc farming and selling currency and buying accounts.

People over the years have lost substantial money in the SC grey market, I would suspect even the most over the top speculation as to what or who was involved.

Meowz

« Reply #447 on: October 23, 2018, 07:01:00 AM »
No clue how he was procuring the ships; but the allegation is that him and others were engaged in Grey market ship sales for quite a long period of time.
His wife was in CS no? Wouldn't be hard for her to generate some JEPGs, judging from my past reactions the logs are not very well kept and they can pretty much do whatever they want. From day one they said the 890J was not available as a CCU, I sent them a ticket asking to upgrade my ship to my reserved 890J from Citcon. Once it became clear I had no intent of buying the 890J if it wasn't a CCU (was like a $60 difference) they allowed it.

Point being CS can bend the rules and generate ships np and no one holds them to any standard beyond profit. She could of easily made a bunch of ships for BL to sell for personal profit.

StanTheMan

« Reply #448 on: October 23, 2018, 06:05:29 PM »
His wife was in CS no? Wouldn't be hard for her to generate some JEPGs, judging from my past reactions the logs are not very well kept and they can pretty much do whatever they want. From day one they said the 890J was not available as a CCU, I sent them a ticket asking to upgrade my ship to my reserved 890J from Citcon. Once it became clear I had no intent of buying the 890J if it wasn't a CCU (was like a $60 difference) they allowed it.

Point being CS can bend the rules and generate ships np and no one holds them to any standard beyond profit. She could of easily made a bunch of ships for BL to sell for personal profit.

That is plenty of opportunity and incentive right there.

A robbed  ship once a week would add up to a tidy sum

jwh1701

« Reply #449 on: October 24, 2018, 10:37:46 AM »
CIG city tech was just crushed by unity doing a demo, with probably a lot less than 200m.'
Truly amazing, kept trying to watch for lod issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/9r0xhf/unity_megacity_demo/

« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 11:01:01 AM by jwh1701 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk