Author Topic: Star Citizen Breaking News  (Read 285870 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - Breaking News
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2017, 01:28:29 PM »
The full Chairman's Club email. It's amazing.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

nightfire

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2017, 02:02:44 PM »
Latest Star Citizen email just went out to the super elite such as myself. You can read it here.

Where on Earth is the "Sol Sytem" ??  :rolleyes:

This lack of attention to grammatical fidelity sure is worrying for a management that frets about details in space.

StanTheMan

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2017, 05:22:50 PM »
Latest Star Citizen email just went out to the super elite such as myself. You can read it here.

Where on Earth is the "Sol Sytem" ??  :rolleyes:

This lack of attention to grammatical fidelity sure is worrying for a management that frets about details in space.

It is next to the AR system.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2017, 03:10:07 PM »
Whoa!! The 890 Jump is back on sale. Man, they're throwing everything out the window. But don't call it desperation though.  :shrug:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16259-ORIGIN-Anniversary-Special-Sale
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2017, 03:37:24 PM »
Reply to your Tweet: You do realize that it's limited quantities not limited in a way that it's never going to be on sale again right?

Is that guy really that fucking retarded or what?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2017, 04:00:35 PM »
Reply to your Tweet: You do realize that it's limited quantities not limited in a way that it's never going to be on sale again right?

Is that guy really that fucking retarded or what?

If you have to ask, you clearly have too much faith in broken-brained people.

https://twitter.com/RangerXML/status/520748402737688577

https://twitter.com/1stVerseProbs/status/502432405639421952

krylite

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2017, 10:22:59 PM »

If you have to ask, you clearly have too much faith in broken-brained people.

https://twitter.com/RangerXML/status/520748402737688577

https://twitter.com/1stVerseProbs/status/502432405639421952

omigosh, what a farce. A '890 jump'street for $1k? :shittypop: That pic with the guy holding the glossy brochure(!) reminds me of typical financial scams and ponzis reported on episodes of "American Greed".
Where hapless 'investors' got glossy brochures and media from the ceo before they got left holding empty bag after the worthless stock dumped.
I wonder if the law gets involved with the SC ELE, if there will be a clawback mess among the fracus for the missing millions..
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:28:07 PM by krylite »

nightfire

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2017, 02:10:41 AM »

That pic with the guy holding the glossy brochure(!) reminds me of typical financial scams and ponzis reported on episodes of "American Greed".

Worst of all, that guy doesn't look like a gullible kid showing off his plastic light saber which was presented to him by Santa Claus. No, he appears to be a grown-up adult who should know better than setting $1k of his earnings on fire for virtual fluff. I also love how these people grin proudly, surely believing that they've really accomplished something, while totally not realizing how naive they are.

Motto

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2017, 03:05:53 AM »
To be fair, that picture showed a purchase in 2014 I think. So, at that time it would have made more sense. Still idiotic to spend that kind of money, but no so idiotic if one was to do that today. Which does seem to be happening...

Greggy_D

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2017, 05:54:36 AM »
Whoa!! The 890 Jump is back on sale. Man, they're throwing everything out the window. But don't call it desperation though.  :shrug:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16259-ORIGIN-Anniversary-Special-Sale

Down to 380 left.  Morons.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 02:24:41 PM »

Motto

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2017, 02:56:11 PM »
I.... but.... how.... don't.... fuck..... just....

N0mad

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 03:04:46 PM »
They must be so desperate for cash that they don't care about any negative headlines at this stage. I can't see this going well.

randomness

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 03:10:20 PM »
So I think with this they passed the bullshit threshold for what the mainstream gaming media would consider reasonable.
Someone should contact someone like TotalBiscuit, Boogie, JimSterling, YongYea etc.....

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 03:18:08 PM »
They must be so desperate for cash that they don't care about any negative headlines at this stage. I can't see this going well.

Yes, they are in fact. I am sitting on some stuff that I am under explicit instructions not to share. As I've stated before, it's bad - real bad. Just bookmark this post.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk