Author Topic: Star Citizen Breaking News  (Read 281237 times)

Meowz

Re: Star Citizen - Breaking News
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2017, 08:26:10 PM »
Give us a hint there, be a sport.

Sorry, can't. It's super highly confidential and will cause issues with sources.

This is seriously my only gripe with your approach as I've seen you make similar type statements a few times in the past. Please DS, if you can't say it, even a small portion of what you know, just don't mention it period. Eluding that you "know stuff" and leaving it at that does nothing to support your position, or add to you credibility. If anything it can be used against you.

supuvami

« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2017, 04:49:19 AM »
So, Squadron 42 is getting cancelled?  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2017, 06:33:48 AM »
Give us a hint there, be a sport.

Sorry, can't. It's super highly confidential and will cause issues with sources.

This is seriously my only gripe with your approach as I've seen you make similar type statements a few times in the past. Please DS, if you can't say it, even a small portion of what you know, just don't mention it period. Eluding that you "know stuff" and leaving it at that does nothing to support your position, or add to you credibility. If anything it can be used against you.

I see how it can be frustrating for people with control issues; but those who have been around since the beginning know that this has always been my approach. And when things end up coming true, I just link back to what I previously stated. It's how I keep track and tie everything together. More importantly, when sources tell me not to say anything, I don't. It's really that simple. And sometimes, even giving a hint can be detrimental.

I don't write anything to "support a position". I just write. What people chose to believe or not, is up to them because 1) I simply don't care what they do with the information, nor now they feel about it 2) I'm not writing for the benefit of gaining an audience; this is just something that I do in my spare time

It has nothing to do with credibility. If anyone who hasn't been paying attention since July 2015, thinks that my credibility has been tarnished, given where we are now, and all the things I've written - the majority of which have come true - they're fools who probably spend money on JPEGs for a vaporware game.

I don't see how my opinions can be used against me in this regard, or in any feasible fashion. The fact remains, people don't have to read what I write. They have to read my social media feeds and blogs in order to access them. I don't advertise, and I don't have any financial gain from what I write. So, again, I simply don't care what they think. That's on them.

To be clear. The project is finished, the money is all gone, and the end is nigh. That's all there is to it.

When people question my motivation, this is precisely what I tell them. I simply don't care what they think, I'm not in this for the glory, hate, jealousy, to see the project fail, or any of that nonsense. My motivation remains the same, and it hasn't changed since CIG and their Shitizens forced me into this back in July 2015 because I wrote a blog. My primary focus is on vindication and accountability; nothing more, nothing less. And the underlying factor in all of that is that after spending over three decades in this genre and in gaming, the impact from the fallout that will come after the Star Citizen project reaches its final conclusion (which I have reason to believe will be a catastrophic collapse of the project) affects me. And as with everything in gaming, long after the dust settles, there are those who will be trying to serve up their version of what happened, when, where, and how. Even though they have no clue, or have a reason to lie about it. So I write. A lot.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:53:30 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2017, 06:41:43 AM »
....and Croberts move towards the emergency exit is well underway..

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2017, 06:45:39 AM »
....and the move towards the emergency exit is well underway..

You read this back when I wrote it, right? Sure you did. Just wait and see what comes next. It's so incredible, that I feel ashamed for being so smug about it.

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/5610/
http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/5346/
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

N0mad

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2017, 06:58:55 AM »
How long till the big news breaks?

Can you at least tell us how you expect it to be made public when the time comes? Are we looking out for a CIG community announcement / press release / media article / you tube vid / reddit post / blog ?

Flashwit

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2017, 09:42:03 AM »
Just chill guys. If he can't say it, he can't say it. You're not going to be able to peck around the edges and get him to reveal something.

Channel the SC fanboys and be infinitely patient  :smug:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2017, 09:54:21 AM »

Can you at least tell us how you expect it to be made public when the time comes? Are we looking out for a CIG community announcement / press release / media article / you tube vid / reddit post / blog ?

Yeah, that I can do. Two Weeks  :laugh: :supaburn: :lol:

Motto

« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »
I'll give it 90 days. Tops.

In the meantime, maybe Derek can write a blog about how to write a blog?

RGX520Z

« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2017, 12:34:02 PM »
Too big to fail

DemonInvestor

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2017, 12:38:17 PM »
*crosses fingers for the reveal being a cooperation between Elon Musk and Roberts to allow whales buying actual Idrises*

Derek really needs to be cautious as false informations and even internal informations (and the identity of leak getting revealed) would most likely lead to unessecary damage.

@derek
Ever thought about giving your predictions/informations to a neutral trustworthy (best case legaly bound) party, to verify that you predicted something/had the informations beforehand ?
Not really asking you to do that, as it would most likely cost something and a lot people might actually question the needed neutrality of such a party.

N0mad

« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2017, 01:32:59 PM »
@derek
Ever thought about giving your predictions/informations to a neutral trustworthy (best case legaly bound) party, to verify that you predicted something/had the informations beforehand ?
Not really asking you to do that, as it would most likely cost something and a lot people might actually question the needed neutrality of such a party.

That would imply that Derek has something to *prove*, he doesn't. It's CIG taking the money, it's CIG who need to come clean about the state of their game.

Yeah, that I can do. Two Weeks  :laugh: :supaburn: :lol:

hmmm. Could you be referring to the holiday live stream then? Where CR has declared:

Squadron 42 will be the focus of our Holiday Livestream in December, where we will preview some gameplay and share our roadmap for its completion

I can't find the exact dates for the livestream though.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2017, 01:45:02 PM »
Derek really needs to be cautious as false informations and even internal informations (and the identity of leak getting revealed) would most likely lead to unessecary damage.

Yup, there's that. Which is why I don't just blurt out everything that comes my way, and the sources I have a solid ones. Even when I get third-party stuff from trusted industry people connected to someone on the project, I still keep it to myself until I can verify it myself directly with my own trusted sources. And if those sources can't confirm it, I never - ever - run with it because I've been burned in the past.

No. Why would I do that? That would imply that I'm in this for "scoops" and "I was right" etc. I'm not in it for that at all, so it doesn't really matter to me who said/wrote it first. e.g. since May sources were telling me that 3.0 was a disaster. I didn't say anything about it. When they told me that the internal dev and public schedules were different, I didn't write about it right away. Then I did - MONTHS ahead. The results? Well, it was all true. Same thing with all my posts about SQ42 not coming in 2015, 2016, 2017 - even when CIG went to the media and told them it was all bollocks, I stood my ground and kept repeating what well placed sources had told me. Then it all became true. Even with the LY engine switch. Anyone can go back to my blogs, as well as my scoop/musings article and see how I methodically track, compile, and record this stuff. There is a pattern and a plan, which I never deviate from.

I think the biggest one to date is the state of 3.0. Even back when I was writing about it in July, I was still thinking that given time, they would actually pull it off, given how important the build was. That's why I was so shocked that they not only released it prematurely to Evocati on Oct 6th, but they followed that up with a release to PTU (for which they are hilariously charging $10!) on Nov 23rd, in the same shitty state. And the fact that they were actively suppressing videos, kicking people off Evocati for leaks etc, just proves the point that they the build was really shit, and they were trying to suppress that - ahead of the anniversary sale.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2017, 01:47:53 PM »
I can't find the exact dates for the livestream though.

They haven't announced it yet, but it's sometime this month - within the next two weeks apparently.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2017, 01:48:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/938147860788535296

BREAKING!! Several sources have confirmed that 1) CIG is NOT planning to show SQ42 during this month's stream and 2) if they do change this plan, that it will NOT be a live play through, but yet another movie trailer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk