Author Topic: Star Citizen Breaking News  (Read 281154 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen - Breaking News
« Reply #420 on: August 31, 2018, 10:16:53 AM »
What's really sad is they think this little bitty minor detail is upsetting. Its the equivalent to seeing some dirt in your drive way and getting upset at it while your oblivious to your whole house on fire.

N0mad

« Reply #421 on: August 31, 2018, 11:10:56 AM »
Wow, virtually all the top posts on Reddit/SC are about this issue and all of them are angry. Hell, even Montoya is mad at them.

If CIG are hurting for money this badly then I can't wait to see what stunt they pull next. Maybe a stupidly expensive JPEG sale, Warbond only? Or gold plated armour for slightly less than the going price of actually making it out of real gold? Or nevermind land sales, perhaps they should be selling asteroids? OR Space? Who knows - but it will be hilarious.

Greggy_D

« Reply #422 on: August 31, 2018, 11:24:27 AM »
Hell, even Montoya is mad at them.

Not any longer.  His new video today is along the lines of...."Oh, that's not so bad after all."

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #423 on: August 31, 2018, 11:25:04 AM »
What's really sad is they think this little bitty minor detail is upsetting. Its the equivalent to seeing some dirt in your drive way and getting upset at it while your oblivious to your whole house on fire.

Yes, it's hilarious that this - THIS - is the one that pushes them over the edge. Not ALL the other shitty things that CIG has done this past year alone.

Meanwhile, this one is 2K+ comments and still going strong

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9bovd7/i_support_you_cig_but_i_will_not_be_buying_a/
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #425 on: September 01, 2018, 01:11:02 AM »
:emot-lol:

Well that was quick

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/citizencon-streaming

And now we'll most likely get to see how the god emporer will be praised by his plebs for listening to them for once...
Seeing how CIGs tactics are judged compared to EAs and Co. really makes me nauseous. I think social researcher really could have nice field day with CIG and the fan behaviour...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #426 on: September 01, 2018, 04:21:24 AM »
And now we'll most likely get to see how the god emporer will be praised by his plebs for listening to them for once...
Seeing how CIGs tactics are judged compared to EAs and Co. really makes me nauseous. I think social researcher really could have nice field day with CIG and the fan behaviour...

Oh? You think he did this because he's "listening" to them; and not because it's just bad optics one month to the event?

It's all about money. Once again, he planned something that he blew the budget on. Then he tried to get backers to pay for the excess. That's all there is to it. Had he not reversed, it would have tainted the event from now right to Oct 10th. He had to make a choice.

Meanwhile, we're 3K up votes into yet another thread about the latest fiasco

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/9bwpmq/star_citizen_ceo_chris_roberts_reverses/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 04:26:06 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #427 on: September 01, 2018, 04:45:53 AM »

jwh1701

« Reply #428 on: September 01, 2018, 06:26:40 AM »
Boredgamers take on scamcon, and he dropped that they are working on allowing players to run space stations lol.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 06:37:54 AM by jwh1701 »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #429 on: September 01, 2018, 08:43:33 AM »
Perhaps roberts intent was to engraciate himself by first appearing miserly. He wants to charge them for his digital shit show and afterwards recinds his previous edict. Now he looks like a benevolent leader. Mission complete and if no one had complained he would have simply created some extra chump change to party on. It is certainly possible.

Seeing how this one went he is probably planning a number of costly changes, only one or two does he mean to keep but after the backers win back a few concessions they allow robbers to win a couple. Anything is possible, especiallly with Star Citizen.

Bubba

« Reply #430 on: September 01, 2018, 09:45:55 AM »
Two things this guy does not need to lie about are spending too much money on Hollywood video production and trying to squeeze money out of his backers.

So, no need to posit conspiracy theories or clever maneuvering by CR here. He blew his budget, people weren't buying con tickets, and he tried to grab some more cash.

N0mad

« Reply #431 on: September 01, 2018, 01:56:15 PM »
Perhaps roberts intent was to engraciate himself by first appearing miserly.

Nope, CR is incompetent. They were searching for ways to screw even more cash from the backers and thought that because Blizzard charge for their streams then so can they. I'm willing to bet they only reversed the decision after seeing that nobody was buying the digital tickets, so it was never going to cover the costs of setting it up anyway. If the whales were buying tickets even whilst complaining about it on Reddit then I'm sure they would have persisted with it.

There is no clever plan. CIG are hurting for cash and don't care how bad they look trying to make money, just so long as the whales keep spending.

I fully expect to see even more blatant cash grabs (and bad PR) during the conference.

jwh1701

« Reply #432 on: September 01, 2018, 02:36:37 PM »
Perhaps roberts intent was to engraciate himself by first appearing miserly.

I will have to go with Bubba on this one as well even though I enjoy a good conspiracy.
My belief on this is Chris still very much removed from reality and oblivious to the ever dimming outlook on SC. I think he still believed he could still pull in crowds of jpg buyers and over budgeted still thinking he's the golden chairman saving gaming industry.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 03:14:35 PM by jwh1701 »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #433 on: September 02, 2018, 12:25:02 AM »
I didnt know anything about Blizzard charging for the digital broadcast for their conventions. When you put it in that light I can see that RObbers is right back to his original simple base motivation, collecting more money from hisbackers while not providing the game that he is supposewdly creating.

You might have though that by now they surely would be wondering why those key elements of the game have not appeared, the normal ones that allow hundreds of players into thew same instance. Has the message not gotten through to them that with so much detail or "FIDELITY" there is no way to support this much data being passes back and forth at near real time speeds?

I as a hobbyist use a digital audio workstation and at higher settings it can be difficult to maintain very low to no latency (delay between the notes being played and hearing the notes) thus throwing the feel of playing the instrument off when moitoring a performance. Now i know there are ways for the interface to have no latency but the point is that if a  PC in my home has difficulty bouncing around and processing all these bytes of information playing computer controlled samples through soft synthesizers and reassembling it with no detectable latency (or low latency through the use of buffers) then how the hell can Robbers expect to transmit all this info needed to support this level of detail across the internet and back to all the other players and not have massive lag or lag that causes bugs, crashes ect?
It just boggles the mind that they cant see it. After all of these years with all those millions of dollars being thrown at it you would figure that this has got to be one of, if not the single most important task to address because without eliminating this lag and or ability to have a significantly higher player count ( I think it all amounts to data anyway) they can have no MMO. But 6+ years in and they have no answers, just more plans. It almost is like the 5 year plans from Russia back in the day. They have nothing to do with reality and anybody who actually looks at it knows its all bullshit. But they just have to watch the grand ball because watching that stumblefuck trip over his lies makes everything right. Like an abused spouse thinking this year he or she  will be different, he or she will stop screwing around this time.
At least Roberts will be good for some laughs as he usually is. Meme worthy.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #434 on: September 02, 2018, 01:53:10 AM »
Oh? You think he did this because he's "listening" to them; and not because it's just bad optics one month to the event?

It's all about money. Once again, he planned something that he blew the budget on. Then he tried to get backers to pay for the excess. That's all there is to it. Had he not reversed, it would have tainted the event from now right to Oct 10th. He had to make a choice.

Meanwhile, we're 3K up votes into yet another thread about the latest fiasco

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/9bwpmq/star_citizen_ceo_chris_roberts_reverses/

Nah... i was just thinking that his fans will it as if he's such a benevolent guy, that he really listens to them and praise him for it. Instead of realizing that the pressure here was simply not in his favour. And sure, the circumstance are very important here.
And i don't think he blew a real budget, as i don't think he did real budgeting. A more important motive imho is that they wanted to gain control of which voices would be heard first with the streams. So limiting who will be streaming and who gets it, might have been an important factor. But the blew that... .

But you're totally right about CRoberts acting because of the circumstances and he needed to react because of business.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk