Author Topic: CitizenCon 2017 - The Hilarity Within  (Read 23224 times)

ChrisIhao

Re: CitizenCon 2017 - The Hilarity Within
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2017, 03:22:56 AM »
Just in case you all forgot what ArcCorp looked like in 2014...when it was coming soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5950&v=TiVODuGFCMg

Lol. Thats amazing. Never saw that one.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2017, 05:57:41 AM »
Sean Tracy on building interiors

Meanwhile, over there...

It's a total coincidence that this "clarification" came out merely hours after my Open House stream in which I painstakingly explained the technical limitations of what they had shown, and why backers were about to walk off a cliff - again.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:31:58 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

David-2

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2017, 10:14:09 AM »
So as near as I can tell, this "clarification" is taken by many posters over there as "of course it wasn't as CIG said, it wouldn't make sense for the game that way, we knew what he was trying to say, so no problem, and everyone who was confused was an idiot."

But you well know that if Chris comes out tomorrow or next week and says sure they're filling all those buildings with interiors the very same people will be all "of course it was as CIG said, that's the only thing that makes sense for our game, and we knew all along that's what they meant, you doubters are all Derek Smart alts, and I can't wait to see it when 3.0 comes out!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2017, 01:10:29 PM »
So as near as I can tell, this "clarification" is taken by many posters over there as "of course it wasn't as CIG said, it wouldn't make sense for the game that way, we knew what he was trying to say, so no problem, and everyone who was confused was an idiot."

But you well know that if Chris comes out tomorrow or next week and says sure they're filling all those buildings with interiors the very same people will be all "of course it was as CIG said, that's the only thing that makes sense for our game, and we knew all along that's what they meant, you doubters are all Derek Smart alts, and I can't wait to see it when 3.0 comes out!

Yeah, pretty much.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2017, 01:16:21 PM »
Well so much for orbit

I've told you guys over and over again that these are just standard CryEngine levels, stitched together with other levels to give the impression of size and scale.

25km up isn't space. And it's not orbit. It's still within the atmosphere (if we're comparing to Earth)

Don't get me wrong, I think this is fine for the game; but it just kills Shitizens dreams by dousing them in flames, even as they're going through REM.

ps: This shit will never be in the game. I've played Evocati 3.0 and even with the moon, it's crap, performance is shit, and....well, just wait.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:54:19 PM by dsmart »

ChrisIhao

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2017, 06:08:36 PM »
I got to hand it to them though. The illusion is friggin' great. Even I, as a longtime critic, were impressed by the demo because it showed how games may look in not too distant future. I'm not too worried about "big and empty" though, as thats how most games are. Morrowind and "outlander" anyone? If this would be a functional game, I would love swooping down from space, navigating through a city with some points of interest and perhaps some kind of "sector" or address system generated by a mission, chasing down a criminal on foot. In fact it reminded me of an old sci fi setting 3d game on pc or amiga (90's) where you are some kind of police or bounty hunter, flying around in a city. If anyone remembers what the name is, that would be really cool.

Anyhow. SC is probably NOT the game that will achieve this goal, and like Derek stated, where did the SPACE sim part go? It seems like that part is all but secondary right now, which is a derail of epic proportions. Really not the game I supported in the first place.

N0mad

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2017, 01:16:34 AM »
I'd love to know what spec PC they were running that demo on. I'm guessing it's not exactly consumer standard hardware.

EmmettLazlo

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2017, 07:43:48 AM »
...In fact it reminded me of an old sci fi setting 3d game on pc or amiga (90's) where you are some kind of police or bounty hunter, flying around in a city. If anyone remembers what the name is, that would be really cool...

G Police? I had that on PS1, cracking game. Suprisingly to this day it's lot better realised than SC.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2017, 01:45:59 PM »
Yeah, so the Pioneer and CitizenCon sales were bad. That's what happens when you spend more time lying then delivering.

ChrisIhao

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2017, 11:13:28 PM »
...In fact it reminded me of an old sci fi setting 3d game on pc or amiga (90's) where you are some kind of police or bounty hunter, flying around in a city. If anyone remembers what the name is, that would be really cool...

G Police? I had that on PS1, cracking game. Suprisingly to this day it's lot better realised than SC.

Yes! That would be it! You're my hero.  :glomp:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2017, 07:21:41 AM »
Yeah, I loved G-Police. I still have it btw.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk