Author Topic: 3.0 Progress Watch  (Read 148446 times)

JoeBloggs

Re: 3.0 Released To PTU
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2017, 12:32:42 AM »
Anyone old enough to remember this?

Funny part starts at 2:00m where Curly tries to transport the icebox...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2017, 07:15:12 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #197 on: December 10, 2017, 08:03:07 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #198 on: December 10, 2017, 02:18:30 PM »
LOL!! Backers have graduated from Big Bennys to moving Star Citizen NPCs around like the mannequins they are. Man, this game is never coming out.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2017, 07:22:44 AM »
Yeah, it's getting worse with each patch

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/ptu-build-status

Take a look at this rig

Win 10 Pro
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.00ghz
Noctua NH-D14 Cpu cooler
Asus Maximus VIII HERO
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB GDDR5
Kingston 16GB (2x8gb) HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 MHz
EVGA 750W SuperNOVA 750 G2, modular 80 PLUS Gold
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD
Samsung 256GB 850 PRO Series SSD 2.5"

That goes with this report on that patch:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-0-0ai-ptu-681830-patch-notes/766102
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:26:51 AM by dsmart »

Motto

« Reply #200 on: December 12, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »
Only 16 GB of RAM. And then wondering why it isn't smooth  :doh:

Clearly he doesn't know about CIG specs.

lurker_404

« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2017, 01:09:59 PM »

Motto

« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2017, 02:11:07 PM »
That's a lie! Stop spreading FUD you Goon!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2017, 07:15:31 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2017, 07:18:39 PM »
Stop me if you saw this coming, or if you were chanting "Derek Smart Was Right". Star Citizen is about to reduce client count back down to 30 per server. It's not going to be enough. They should take it back down to 24, fix it, then drop to 16 if they can't.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-0-0ak-ptu-685145-patch-notes

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2017, 07:51:21 PM »
Yeah, I think they "fixed" the issue with launching torpedoes  :vince:

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnsightlyGoldenSnoodSuperVinlin

AncoGaming

« Reply #206 on: December 13, 2017, 07:33:18 AM »
LOL, it's not getting worse with each patch.

Everyone who was ever testing PTU knows that sometimes, you're getting a build which you think can go live any day, and after the next update it's such a mess that you think everything's broken, back to the drawing board. That's why in the past, only a few idiots like me, who really have a high pain tolerance, could be arsed to go through all this in their spare time.

The fact that you now can just pay to get abused like that, and that people are qeueing up willing to actually pay for it... that truly amazes me.

EDIT:

Having said that, I am really upset about the persistent issue with 100% CPU spikes which lead to terrible frame drops to zero. I wasn't helping to get CIG to prioritize network only to encounter that they're struggling with basic engine issues after five fucking years.

Derek, do me a favour and please help to fix that sh... OH! You already did!... Hahaha... what a time to be alive.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:50:39 AM by AncoGaming »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #207 on: December 13, 2017, 08:06:04 AM »
LOL, it's not getting worse with each patch.

Everyone who was ever testing PTU knows that sometimes, you're getting a build which you think can go live any day, and after the next update it's such a mess that you think everything's broken, back to the drawing board. That's why in the past, only a few idiots like me, who really have a high pain tolerance, could be arsed to go through all this in their spare time.

The fact that you now can just pay to get abused like that, and that people are qeueing up willing to actually pay for it... that truly amazes me.

EDIT:

Having said that, I am really upset about the persistent issue with 100% CPU spikes which lead to terrible frame drops to zero. I wasn't helping to get CIG to prioritize network only to encounter that they're struggling with basic engine issues after five fucking years.

Derek, do me a favour and please help to fix that sh... OH! You already did!... Hahaha... what a time to be alive.

:lol: :lol:

premiumnugz

« Reply #208 on: December 13, 2017, 08:34:45 AM »

"Quad Core CPU"

Looks like it'll run on my iPhone then  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2017, 06:30:45 PM »
Any day now  :c00lbert:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk