Author Topic: 3.0 Progress Watch  (Read 145010 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: 3.0 Released To PTU
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2017, 04:41:17 AM »

Dat epic burn  :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn:

Whatever it is he's going on about now, I don't care. He was a Shitizen through and through. Just because he got a refund (partial) and is now critical of the project, doesn't change that. In fact, he's a perfect example of what we're going to be dealing with before long when this whole thing finally crashes (it's coming sooner than they think).

Yep, I skipped ahead once from the start and knew it was ED straight away from the lamplights. FailureTaRd thinks he's so clever with a 20 min shitty diatribe video dissing ED, wow, what a sore doubletalking crybaby loser. Lol, he couldn't even get the ship right, the 600i was SC's rip of the cutter, ED's premiere luxury craft, not the clipper. The idiot seemingly never could get, nor had a friend or contact with a cutter. So much for being a bigshot streamer :shittypop:  And no show of the fighters launching from the bay, nor a CZ with anacondas and corvettes and dozens of ships in combat plus capital class ships, nor thargoids or their abandoned bases, magnificent real procedural canyons and mountains, ringed planets and other great vistas, but no, he just purposefully shows select generic views when you could be anywhere in the ED galaxy. There is so much more to see such as in Obsidian Ant's and others' ED stream videos. You need to fly out the ship and go see them as it's a real space sim with locational persistence , duh, unlike the SC techdemo level ponzi mess. He's done his lousy ED streamed videos before while saying he was betting on SC over ED :laugh: When the ELE finally comes, he'll be so far backed into his hypocritical hole into obscurity.  :wave:

He's a Shitizen through and through. So this doesn't surprise me at all.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

nightfire

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2017, 06:20:14 AM »
Over there on YT, in the comment section of some guy’s 3.0 PTU bugfest celebration video:

You need to realise how big and ambitious this game is. Of course it isn’t going to b perfect yet!

you do realize this ain't your regular game with a skybox and a map. The team of CIG have to literally build a universe, that something that's never been done before. And still implement game mechanics, that also have never been implemented before. And also the fedility and scale is something out of the ordinary. This game can be seen as a new generation of games, cause they're busy implementing real world mechanics scaled down for the verse. The planets will have cycles, environments weather all those things that have never been implemented at the same time in a game.

1. CIG only had about a dozen people in 2012. They didn't begin development in earnest until 2014, when they hired more manpower.

2. Even if Star Citizen has been 5 years into development... that's not a lot of time for a game of this scope. Hell, Elder Scrolls Online was in development for 7 years, and it didn't have nearly this much ambition.

3. How is this an "embarassing result?" Seamless space to ground transitions, with infinite draw distance and zero loading screens? Interior physics grids that let you walk aroubd the ship in flight? Diagetic UI that's actually projected onto your character's helmet? All with a graphical fidelity that puts nearly any other AAA game to shame.

Sure, there are some animation bugs and frame issues, but no one claimed this game was finished. Personally, I'm pretty damned satisfied with the progress here.

To all those who think that backers have learned something over the past year(s): no, they still stick to their old rusty narratives like superglue.

I especially like how the new counter-argument for the „5 years in development“ is that they only had few people in the early years, therefore that period doesn’t count  :vince:

the_wolfmann

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2017, 08:05:27 AM »
How was he dissing ED?

I was wondering that as well. I skimmed through the video (audio only at first) and having not played ED I thought he was being serious about the whole 180 degree turnaround. Then I read comments here saying it was actually ED being played and then the whole video seemed to reek with sarcasm towards CIG's progress. Unless the dissing of ED is that it's being sarcastically compared to Crap Shitizen?

I for one find it good if he's finally seen the truth behind the lies. More people need to get awoken so that this shitshow finally rests in peace.

Meowz

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2017, 08:38:28 AM »
How was he dissing ED?

I was wondering that as well. I skimmed through the video (audio only at first) and having not played ED I thought he was being serious about the whole 180 degree turnaround. Then I read comments here saying it was actually ED being played and then the whole video seemed to reek with sarcasm towards CIG's progress. Unless the dissing of ED is that it's being sarcastically compared to Crap Shitizen?

I for one find it good if he's finally seen the truth behind the lies. More people need to get awoken so that this shitshow finally rests in peace.

He wasn't dissing ED. The entire video is satire and mockery of CIG. DS, I know you don't like him, but hey the enemy of my enemy is my friend right? lol I still find his videos entertaining.

Resin

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2017, 09:08:26 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering what was the hate towards this guy, since I have only seen his critical SC Videos. But so, he used to be some ultra fanboy then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flashwit

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2017, 10:13:12 AM »
Over there on YT, in the comment section of some guy’s 3.0 PTU bugfest celebration video:

You need to realise how big and ambitious this game is. Of course it isn’t going to b perfect yet!

you do realize this ain't your regular game with a skybox and a map. The team of CIG have to literally build a universe, that something that's never been done before. And still implement game mechanics, that also have never been implemented before. And also the fedility and scale is something out of the ordinary. This game can be seen as a new generation of games, cause they're busy implementing real world mechanics scaled down for the verse. The planets will have cycles, environments weather all those things that have never been implemented at the same time in a game.

1. CIG only had about a dozen people in 2012. They didn't begin development in earnest until 2014, when they hired more manpower.

2. Even if Star Citizen has been 5 years into development... that's not a lot of time for a game of this scope. Hell, Elder Scrolls Online was in development for 7 years, and it didn't have nearly this much ambition.

3. How is this an "embarassing result?" Seamless space to ground transitions, with infinite draw distance and zero loading screens? Interior physics grids that let you walk aroubd the ship in flight? Diagetic UI that's actually projected onto your character's helmet? All with a graphical fidelity that puts nearly any other AAA game to shame.

Sure, there are some animation bugs and frame issues, but no one claimed this game was finished. Personally, I'm pretty damned satisfied with the progress here.

To all those who think that backers have learned something over the past year(s): no, they still stick to their old rusty narratives like superglue.

I especially like how the new counter-argument for the „5 years in development“ is that they only had few people in the early years, therefore that period doesn’t count  :vince:

Man, I'll be happy if I never have to see the words 'fidelity' or 'diegetic' again. Star Citizen introduced this shit to the fanboy lexicon and now it gets vomited up every time a defense needs to be presented. A word scramble is not a compelling argument for anything.

krylite

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2017, 11:12:59 AM »
Besides Derek's earlier comments about FTR, any long time ED player gets his sarcastic dig on the naysayers and ED both in the video, not either or.  He's tried to marginalize ED in earlier videos before. His comments on the current video also make it apparent.

Most of this deluded quote either ignores or pretends ED hasn't already done it first already. ED built a galaxy of hundreds of billions of unqiue star systems each of them visitable. The skybox is dynamic depending on where your location is in the galaxy and based on theories of individual  stars' astronomical luminosities. You can travel to the Sol system to see the constellations of the dynamic skybox. ED has set the bar for real world astro-mechanics in a playable game world sim of the entire galaxy. (and so did Elite 2&3 in the 90's to a smaller extent) No weather or atmospheres yet, but orbits and planetary rotations are all worked out already and move in real time. Well the thargoid bases have a degree of moisture on the grounds around the structures. The scale of ED is nothing but extra-ordinary and there is no other game like it while it's been posted here before that SC composes of about 2.5 systems out of a clusterfugt of 4.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 11:29:18 AM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2017, 03:15:40 PM »
DS, I know you don't like him, but hey the enemy of my enemy is my friend right? lol I still find his videos entertaining.

After his meltdown, and the fact that he has me on mod block on his channel, I have no reason to go there - or to watch any of it.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2017, 03:41:40 PM »

Star Chip

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2017, 12:07:54 AM »

lurker_404

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2017, 12:11:18 PM »
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:13:18 PM by lurker_404 »

Aya Reiko

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2017, 12:18:36 PM »
LOL ! Want to buy the Starmap? Only 6$
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Game-Universe-Map
Wow... just... wow.

A Star map for a game that probably never come out, and if it did, would likely only have 5 to 10 star systems total.

What's next?  Real money for fuel and/or oxygen?

David-2

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2017, 12:52:56 PM »
What is that smell in the air?  Something like this, I think:

Motto

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2017, 03:07:36 PM »
Note: This is a pre-order and won't be available until closer to game launch

Adding non-existent JPEGs to the store for 6 bucks a piece. No, we are not in financial trouble. I repeat, we are not  :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk