Author Topic: 3.0 Progress Watch  (Read 144845 times)

Motto

Re: 3.0 Released To PTU
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2017, 06:15:40 AM »
Sorry to have to bring the bad news, but this game will never see the light of day. If you're still thinking that, this forum is not the place to be  :D

AncoGaming

« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2017, 06:29:26 AM »
Yeah I know, I'm not here for moral comfort on that matter, lol.

Good news is that I still like to fly around in my ships, so as long as I find some joy and can shoot people in the face I am, while knowing of all the drawbacks, staying until the bitter end because I've paid for that shitshow, too.

If I get pushed over the edge, a refund won't do. I'll sue CIG for fraud, which my attorney tells me will result in making CIG a criminal organization in Germany which in turn makes all ship sales in this country illegal and therefore nonexistant. That'll be some news.

Motto

« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2017, 06:34:37 AM »
I'd urge you to sue them before you go over the edge. Sue them! Do it now, right now! Team up with Derek! Give all of us Goons the very best of Christmases EVER  :dance:

N0mad

« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2017, 06:44:00 AM »
I applaud you for sticking with it to be honest. It's one thing investing large sums in a project having been sold on the lie that CIG will deliver the ships / game promised. Quite another to stay with it and being prepared not to see the game finished and lose your money.

We'd all love to see an amazing space MMO. Star Citizen sounded great when it was first conceived but it cannot be delivered, not by CIG, despite continued lies from CR to the contrary.

I'm just in this for the LOLs. This is going to be massive when it finally blows up.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2017, 07:10:48 AM »
LOL!!

I knew that once I Tweeted that, the comments were going to explode, and the Usual Suspects would show up.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2017, 07:12:38 AM »
I couldn't post my answer to Derek for some Javascript Reason, probably I'm just too stupid for this Forum.
However, all I wanted to say is that I well received his message. You're a good man, Derek, sometimes a bit full of yourself, obviously, but I can deal with that. Germany sends their regards.

LOL! Thanks man.  :smuggo:

EDIT: Almost forgot, greetings from my (Italian) wife, she's a big fan of your mentality to stay adamant even if it seems like half the world thinks you're wrong, not to speak of other audacities. If it weren't for her, I'd never have followed your twitter. I'd say see you in the 'verse but you're banned, lol.

hehe, tell her I said Hi. Italians tend not to put up with shit; so that makes perfect sense.

ps: The site doesn't use Java - at all. So it must be something on your end I think.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:27:14 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2017, 07:21:49 AM »
About the FPS issue...

Everyone is mad as fuck about this. And still I saw posts in Spectrum where people were THANKING CIG to let us know about the state these builds are in. They went on and called this Open Game Development... LOL

3.0 wasn't released to PTU to show open game development, it was released for the anniversary sale and many people bought into it.

It was a year late and is still in an unplayable state but concept ships need to be sold because obviously cash flow is a problem at the current burn rate this company manoevered itself into. I hope that 3.0 doesn't get pushed into live in time for Christmas Sale for it's nowhere near ready. I simply don't have an ass-kissing enough mindset to really appreciate this 3.0 trainwreck which simply got handed over to whales to make more $$.

It's absolutely mind-blowing how much this community is able to suffer and to just let slide the worst business ideas ever while EA is still the bad guy. This is beyond reasoning, I simply don't get it. This is NOT NORMAL. 

As I said before, I was always in for 1st wave testing since PTU 2.0 and did my part, but this time I'm almost begging CIG to never invite me in for that shit again. I've had it with this kind of free QA work in my spare time when I could ride my bike or play Squad to shoot people in the face. I haven't enjoyed a minute in 3.0 by now and it's not getting better. While people switch off cores and threads of their CPU (there's even a script for that, made by some die hard fan) just to make the builds freeze less, I am looking at my custom watercooled PC with a 1080Ti in it and say it's not my fucking job to work around issues which exist since many years. There's just no reason at all that it's my fault if the PU or PTU runs like shit after 5 years in development if I'm one of the folks who paid for it. I've invested to have fun, which is an OK reason to spend money. Dudes at CIG are nearing a point where they get trouble from me personally, and I don't want to be in their shoes then.

Did you see my Tweets from last night?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/938196023767453697

They are basically trying to get horrid legacy code to work. Performance and networking issues aside, it never - ever - will. This is part of the reason why they dare not mess with the CryNetwork right now because 1) it's a significant amount of work 2) it can - and will - break everything

And they never did switch to LY fully. As I've heard, they owe CryTek royalties for using their engine if/when the game ever releases. The Grey area is that by never releasing, they claim they never have to pay royalties. So part of the LY switch was not only to avoid paying CryTek royalties (which would be in the millions, given how much money they have raised), but also to dump the engine support on AMZ through their work with LY.

I already wrote a blog explaining why they didn't actually "switch" to LY fully, and that they're just pretending that they did. Switching from Google Compute to AWS was trivial, and they only did it because it's a requirement of using LY. 

I have no doubt that CryTek is going to sue them at some point. But I can't say more about that atm.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2017, 07:22:05 AM »
I applaud you for sticking with it to be honest. It's one thing investing large sums in a project having been sold on the lie that CIG will deliver the ships / game promised. Quite another to stay with it and being prepared not to see the game finished and lose your money.

We'd all love to see an amazing space MMO. Star Citizen sounded great when it was first conceived but it cannot be delivered, not by CIG, despite continued lies from CR to the contrary.

I'm just in this for the LOLs. This is going to be massive when it finally blows up.

I was writing a reply just like this and then read yours and thought"Yep , He nailed it".
I just erased my post and had to say Mega Dittos to you.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2017, 07:23:44 AM »
Yeah I know, I'm not here for moral comfort on that matter, lol.

He's just messing with you to see how you would react. We welcome EVERYONE here, even those who don't share our views or who aren't on-board with our plan to completely destroy Star Citizen. :D

Good news is that I still like to fly around in my ships, so as long as I find some joy and can shoot people in the face I am, while knowing of all the drawbacks, staying until the bitter end because I've paid for that shitshow, too.

Yeah, it's a fun solo experience in some regard. Plus it looks great.

If I get pushed over the edge, a refund won't do. I'll sue CIG for fraud, which my attorney tells me will result in making CIG a criminal organization in Germany which in turn makes all ship sales in this country illegal and therefore nonexistant. That'll be some news.

Nah, they will just refund you. Once they do that, there is no case. At least that's how it works here in the US. Unless the govt. decides to investigate them directly.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:25:34 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2017, 07:28:41 AM »

Yeah, that basically sums it up for most of us here in the real world. Except that, in my case, as I've said before, it goes beyond the lols - because they made it that way.

Motto

« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2017, 07:41:30 AM »
He's just messing with you to see how you would react. :D

No, I don't do that. I wouldn't dare  :smuggo:

We welcome EVERYONE here, even those who don't share our views or who aren't on-board with our plan to completely destroy Star Citizen. :D

That's true, we welcome everyone. After the welcoming, we kick those out we don't want here  :D

StanTheMan

« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2017, 08:17:54 AM »
I couldn't post my answer to Derek for some Javascript Reason, probably I'm just too stupid for this Forum.
However, all I wanted to say is that I well received his message. You're a good man, Derek, sometimes a bit full of yourself, obviously, but I can deal with that. Germany sends their regards.

LOL! Thanks man.  :smuggo:

EDIT: Almost forgot, greetings from my (Italian) wife, she's a big fan of your mentality to stay adamant even if it seems like half the world thinks you're wrong, not to speak of other audacities. If it weren't for her, I'd never have followed your twitter. I'd say see you in the 'verse but you're banned, lol.

hehe, tell her I said Hi. Italians tend not to put up with shit; so that makes perfect sense.

ps: The site doesn't use Java - at all. So it must be something on your end I think.

Yep and all your efforts are appreciated....

StanTheMan

« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2017, 08:24:05 AM »
Get a refund, while you still can...
That's not what I want, it's not about the money. I've spent weekends more expensive than everything I've put in this game. They can take my money and choke on it, doesn't hurt me. I want them to get shit done and I don't want them to push me over the edge.

Hmm - thats flawed logic.  If you get a faulty product do you refuse to take it back to the shop becasue you had some fun getting it out of the packet ?   

If we reward bad behaviour we condone it. 

Not asking for a refund condones CRoberts actions.

Get a refund and give it to charity - do some good.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2017, 08:33:28 AM »

We welcome EVERYONE here, even those who don't share our views or who aren't on-board with our plan to completely destroy Star Citizen. :D

That's true, we welcome everyone. After the welcoming, we kick those out we don't want here  :D

:lol: :lol:
 :five: :five: :five:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2017, 09:13:15 AM »
Today's 3.0 hilarity.

Yes, all games have bugs. But this is a 6 year + $170M project with blatantly obvious bugs. And you have to wonder wtf was Evocati for? Let alone the fact that they claim to have an internal QA team. And this was a build that's a YEAR late already.

Flying NPC (ignore the frame rate though)

Hangar death

LOL!!

Yeah, about those books

Headless Spaceman

I don't even...

ROTFLMAO!

That's look OK to me.

Death at Sunrise

Yeah, that ain't right

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk