Author Topic: 3.0 Progress Watch  (Read 144867 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: 3.0 Released To PTU
« Reply #255 on: December 26, 2017, 04:38:36 PM »
Hello Kyrt,

I appreciate the response but its hard to share the thought the money has been used properly and only for SC. After pouring through Derek's information and the paper trails that have been uncovered in Chris's questionable film industry investments I have trouble sharing the idea that the backer money has been used wisely. What makes makes suspect even more is they stated while back even if money dried up they had plenty to finish the game. But they are continually are adding things to sell in game and outside of the game. I have been on the development side for years at IBM and other companies and understand costs and delays. It's just disheartening as I fully bought into Chris's pitch from the get go. For myself to see what has transpired over the past two years with SC its hard to trust or believe anything they state.

The money is long gone. That's why they had to take out the Coutts loan this past Summer; and we don't know what other loans they took here in the US, though sources say they have both loans and investors. Of course recently we discovered (as I wrote last week) that they have now sub-divided the shares of the UK companies. Which means they are out looking for money via investors in order to sell shares.

Of course, all the sales they have been doing, are just monthly funding.

I don't care what anyone says, the project is FUBAR. And they simply don't have the money to continue with for the +6 years it will take for them to implement everything they promised. This is why they have now started pushing SQ42 in the hopes that it would sell to non-backers who don't already have it. Considering what we saw, coupled with the ME:A and COD:IW, it's a safe bet that SQ42 is already DOA.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #256 on: December 27, 2017, 02:45:05 PM »
Everything is fine.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 02:47:06 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2017, 02:59:42 PM »

Meowz

« Reply #258 on: December 27, 2017, 08:40:34 PM »
The first guy who had issues getting his friends into SC is screwed. The doubt is there, he can only lie to himself for so long. Some where deep inside reason has sunk in and the final straw has been broken, its only a matter of time before the brain registers the pain. Could be a month, could be 6 months or a bit more, but if there is funds left to refund he will be asking for one. Wouldn't be surprised if he starts reading DS blogs to start getting a clearer picture on why his doubt is growing.

StanTheMan

« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2017, 06:16:50 AM »
The first guy who had issues getting his friends into SC is screwed. The doubt is there, he can only lie to himself for so long. Some where deep inside reason has sunk in and the final straw has been broken, its only a matter of time before the brain registers the pain. Could be a month, could be 6 months or a bit more, but if there is funds left to refund he will be asking for one. Wouldn't be surprised if he starts reading DS blogs to start getting a clearer picture on why his doubt is growing.

and he is in for $4k plus .......

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2017, 06:57:46 AM »

That's nothing.

First, there's this. https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7mg01m/so_far_my_experience_in_30_has_been_horrible/

I'm not talking about the performance issues, I'm talking about gameplay issues. So far I've accepted 5 missions and tried to do some trading on my own.

Mission 1: Had to go to work, this happens, no biggie.

Mission 2: Collect stuff from planet, take to Port Olisar. Game freezes when leaving planet.

Mission 3: Grab cargo from space, take to Port Olisar. After EVA to collect cargo, controls freeze and I cant do anything, not even escape opens the menu.

My own trading: Load up ship with food, planning to trade with some settlement on a planet. Some asshole with a Constellation is smashing into ships on the launchpad at Olisar, recover ship, cargo lost.

Mission 4: Move cargo from Olisar to Settlement, need to talk to NPC at Olisar to get cargo, can't talk to NPC.

Mission 5: Grab cargo from planet, take to GrimHEX. Game crashes when I finish flying the 500KM from the warp point to GrimHEX.

Funnily I am still having fun, I think I just like how you have to do every step. Load ship, land ship, unload ship, deliver. It adds to it all.

But those issues are really getting to me.

Followed by this https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7mg01m/so_far_my_experience_in_30_has_been_horrible/drtpbu7/?st=jbqjzfa5&sh=d1ffa6d0

Before people shit on this guy,

you got to think that you all tolerate and upvote every thread people make about what an awesome time they're having - but are quick to smear anyone who has had a less than stellar experience.

If you read those threads, it's clear that they're fighting an uphill battle to convince anyone but themselves, that everything is OK with 3.0.

jwh1701

« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2017, 10:55:26 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7mg01m/so_far_my_experience_in_30_has_been_horrible/drtpbu7/?st=jbqjzfa5&sh=d1ffa6d0

Reading over that thread I do see a lot more than the past stating the obvious and not loosing it over the graphics. Would be nice to see the bulk of die hard SC supporters stop the self deception and really start putting pressure on Roberts.

StanTheMan

« Reply #262 on: December 28, 2017, 06:10:48 PM »
This would worry me if I was CRoberts...

SC is super popular among american military people, mindless loyalty is kind of one of the qualities you gotta have for that job

There are a few other "things" that come with those careers too...a willingness to help certain people    :rip:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:13:36 PM by StanTheMan »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2017, 07:57:17 PM »
"Mindless Loyalty" What frigging planet was that poster on???
Service members come from every walk of life and join for a multitude of reasons. Mindless loyalty may be the very last reason to join. Perhaps the servicemember thinks there is something wrong with the service and wants to put a better face on the mission, or do rescue or humanitarian work. Some join the Coast Guard to get involved with environmental compliance (as my kid wanted to, but probably won't, meaning to say the USCG is probably not the branch).

Mindless, that's a very disrespectful term to describe people who set aside years of their lives to serve their country. My kid's doing it for additional college money, for art school. Hardly a mindless killer.

jwh1701

« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2017, 09:56:12 PM »
Reading the screen shot Crimson Stallion's post is interesting, I have a notebook dedicated to ports I will not deliver to in elite horizons. There are ports that once you exit the ly loading screen it will take 38 minutes just to get to the station. I have sat down in the floor hands off the controller played with the cats, fixed something to drink and eat. Passenger missions can take 3 hours easily, not including jumping out and starting you approach over to constant interdiction.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #265 on: January 02, 2018, 05:07:47 PM »
seamless transit from space to planet

ps: Read this to get an understanding of how it works

jwh1701

« Reply #266 on: January 02, 2018, 06:07:07 PM »

Great read, its seems in the link provide that even if they switch to LY that they may not be able to delivered what was promised. Do you think that at any point crytek devs have given Chris  false info from the earliest demo on what they could do? I have always wondered at one point and I believe it had to happen that Chris was aware he could not deliver on the stretch goals? I personally believe he would of know much earlier looking looking at the 3.0 release issues.

David-2

« Reply #267 on: January 02, 2018, 08:44:26 PM »
ps: Read this to get an understanding of how it works

Say, Derek, I followed that link and looked around and higher on that page I saw that "portrait" of their new female character model from back in May.  But I don't remember anybody posting here or on reddit about how she looks in the actual 3.0 game.  How did she turn out, huh?  (heh)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #268 on: January 03, 2018, 04:14:29 AM »

Great read, its seems in the link provide that even if they switch to LY that they may not be able to delivered what was promised. Do you think that at any point crytek devs have given Chris  false info from the earliest demo on what they could do? I have always wondered at one point and I believe it had to happen that Chris was aware he could not deliver on the stretch goals? I personally believe he would of know much earlier looking looking at the 3.0 release issues.

I have no reason to believe that. In all my years of experience in licensing engines and dealing with licensors, just like ANY software you buy, there is NEVER a guarantee of performance. So obviously Crytek wouldn't have made any such assurances; especially since they were not the ones developing the game. They only built the trailer which Chris then used and passed off as his own in order to start raising funding. What you are implying would mean the same thing, that Amazon would give similar assurances about using LY. You should read the TOS for both CryEngine and LY.

This has been discussed to death, and I'm going to keep going on about it: It doesn't matter which engine they use, LY or not, they can NEVER build the game Chris pitched and promised. It's already evident from the numerous things they already cut, even though going into year 7 and over $175M, they are not even in Beta or 18% completed.

jwh1701

« Reply #269 on: January 03, 2018, 07:42:41 AM »
Thank you for clearing that up on the engine, which really confuses me more. Only two options based on your statements he has no conscious and will lie to get  more money knowing he cannot deliver. Second he's completely incompetent at managing / game development or maybe both.  I've had theft occur from friends, family, business partners over the years and I hate theft. One of the few online games I play people hand me gear that could  easily exceed 500 to 1000 dollars for me to change for them. In the game there are people who steal this gear left and right, I even have made in game videos of about thieves. If he has know from the get go that they cannot deliver on the stretch goals and continues to take money its beyond sickening.

I have no reason to believe that. In all my years of experience in licensing engines and dealing with licensors, just like ANY software you buy, there is NEVER a guarantee of performance. So obviously Crytek wouldn't have made any such assurances; especially since they were not the ones developing the game. They only built the trailer which Chris then used and passed off as his own in order to start raising funding. What you are implying would mean the same thing, that Amazon would give similar assurances about using LY. You should read the TOS for both CryEngine and LY.

This has been discussed to death, and I'm going to keep going on about it: It doesn't matter which engine they use, LY or not, they can NEVER build the game Chris pitched and promised. It's already evident from the numerous things they already cut, even though going into year 7 and over $175M, they are not even in Beta or 18% completed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk