Author Topic: Star Citizen Streams & Appearances  (Read 15284 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 05:17:52 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Open House - This Saturday!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 12:36:39 PM »
It's almost show time!
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

krylite

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 02:07:18 AM »
Fun stream to listen to Derek. Even the GOP tax plan and health care was covered. Could you post the link to that UC 6 hour stream you mentioned? I was unable to access it by typing the link shown in the open house.

McDrake

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 02:34:32 AM »
Fun stream to listen to Derek. Even the GOP tax plan and health care was covered. Could you post the link to that UC 6 hour stream you mentioned? I was unable to access it by typing the link shown in the open house.
This one?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 03:44:42 AM »
Could you post the link to that UC 6 hour stream you mentioned? I was unable to access it by typing the link shown in the open house.

http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=91.0

krylite

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 04:17:55 AM »
Yes, that's it, thanks. I didn't think to look in the forum, oops, now I know. I bought UC maybe ten years ago or so, but didn't really try it out as I need to take time to read the manual or the tutorials.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Streams & Appearances
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 05:54:24 AM »
A few weeks ago, I did a 2.5 hr interview with a German podcast for English speakers. The guys are ex writers for gamestar.de (yeah, those Shillizens). It went live last night. It's behind a paywall though. They say they will make it public in a few weeks, around April/May time frame.

"Ladies and Gents!

For more than 2.5 years Derek Smart has been relentlessly criticising and  mocking the Star Citizen Project and its management-team. Much has been  written about his claim that Cloud Imperium Games (CIG) will never be  able to deliver the game they promised after a scope-increase. However it remains unclear why Smart has chosen to invest massive amounts of time into an endless twitter-campaign against CIG and extensive blogs  that can shift in tone from rational to mocking or angry within a few paragraphs. In this interview we asked him to talk about himself, his career as a game-developer, his hunt for his „white whale“ of the  all-encompassing space-simulation-game and try to get a better idea of what drives him to do what he does.

https://www.patreon.com/aufeinbier/posts
http://www.gamespodcast.de/2018/02/22/derek-smart/

3:28 – Becoming a gamer

11:56 – Becoming a game-devloper

19:40 – Bullying

28:30 – First game he ever finished playing

30:01 – Battlecruiser 3000 AD – the first game as a developer

39:02 – “Anger is for the weak”

40:12 – Staying independent

44:08 – “The Take-2-debacle”

53:46 – Are you a difficult person?

01:02:30 – Presenting himself as “Somebody not to be messed with”

01:07:11 – The hunt for the white whale

01:14:28 – “I was one of the original backers”

01:19:00 – Delays are normal, aren’t they?

01:37:31 – Would you say a game of the scope of Alpha 3.0 is doable?

01:42:07 – Why did your blogs become so harsh in tone to quickly?

01:50:59 – Wouldn’t you have refunded yourself as well?

01:58:29 – If it can be done, why can’t it be done?

02:06:37 – “The one thing I regret”

02:07:55 – A doomsday cult?

02:16:46 – A proud man feeling disrespected and brushed aside?

UPDATE:

The podcast discussion forum is hilarious. Some of the /r/ds alumni showed up, posted links and were banned.  :emot-laffo:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:55:15 AM by dsmart »

McDrake

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 02:41:10 AM »
The thread is fun to read :D

jwh1701

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 08:15:07 AM »
Slowly reading through the thread the craziest post award so far goes to Neobone on page 10 of the thread. His response to Derek getting death threats from the sc community is insane.

"Understand the fans and CIG have to put up with the daily routine of smart and gear, but if they shoot back then they are the worst community in the world."

Few posts down he is called out on it:

Neobone wrote:
In contrast to Mr. Smart, the poster here writes that this is actually a wrong behavior, but he is currently unable to express it differently.

Rince81 wrote:
So a murder threat light and so ok?

Neobone wrote:
No, but as it is written, it can be assumed that the Lord has cooled down the next day, in contrast to a Mr. Smart that even after almost 3 years does not make it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 08:17:52 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 11:07:51 AM »
Yeah, because, you know, death threats are totally OK against someone writing and say bad stuff about a video game.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 11:40:03 AM »
I will be on #TheOpenHouse tomorrow with my friends doing what we do: Laugh at Star Citizen, while positing on new & creative ways Chris Roberts is ripping off backers. And of course, poking fun at the lunatics who started a war they were ill-equipped to win.

More info below.

krylite

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 08:58:54 PM »
I will be on #TheOpenHouse tomorrow with my friends doing what we do: Laugh at Star Citizen, while positing on new & creative ways Chris Roberts is ripping off backers. And of course, poking fun at the lunatics who started a war they were ill-equipped to win.

Thanks, I enjoyed it like the previous ones. Later on the "Sunk Cost Galaxy" guy recounted his tale and mentioned the turning point of the Escapist articles that were removed. Is there a link to excerpts or captured text of those articles?

GaryII

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 11:57:21 PM »
Thanks, I enjoyed it like the previous ones. Later on the "Sunk Cost Galaxy" guy recounted his tale and mentioned the turning point of the Escapist articles that were removed. Is there a link to excerpts or captured text of those articles?

I hope that he is now regular guest to the show.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 05:17:43 AM »

You can find them on archive.org

https://web.archive.org/web/20170119204020/http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company

Also...

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sniqej

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-podcast/57500-Crowdfunding-Podcast

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 10:25:07 AM »
This extensive audio interview which I did back in Feb with Andre Peschke was previously behind a paywall. It's available now.

https://soundcloud.com/andre-peschke/well-played-derek-smart

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk