Author Topic: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch  (Read 120931 times)

krylite

Re: Squadron 42
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2018, 05:33:25 PM »
Yep, and here's another example, Jurassic World Evolution by Frontier using the same engine as Elite Dangerous. With the new game coming out this summer. Looks like it's on time with a well managed scope and dev schedule.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF8IYKzfrUA

With the tools developed for the 3d dinosaurs and flora, it's not a stretch where after the game is released ED could have atmospheric and worlds with vegetation and creatures sooner since they can cross task the devs to work on ED habitable worlds. Along with JWE's look,  ED devs are working on improving lighting quality and texture of planets and overall look with "Beyond" this year, where cig-arrets' use of cryengine will soon be outdated and irrelevant as a supposed shiny graphics advantage.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:42:03 PM by krylite »

jwh1701

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2018, 03:44:17 PM »

Thank you for the video link looks very nice.

Was catching up on my hardware review sites and saw this, person will eat his gpu on youtube if SQ42 is not the best game.
How knows they might be putting a ton into SQ42 to get some more money for the SC.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2018, 03:52:03 PM »

Thank you for the video link looks very nice.

Was catching up on my hardware review sites and saw this, person will eat his gpu on youtube if SQ42 is not the best game.
How knows they might be putting a ton into SQ42 to get some more money for the SC.

"is there a deadline" <----  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Mehlan

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2018, 08:42:56 PM »
Finally got to watch the SQ42 demo. Heck, if CIG can delay it for a day, so can I  :shrug:

I have to agree with a lot of the criticisms. Stutterfest and glitches aside, the pacing was drawn out and quite boring… I found myself using the right-arrow key a lot to make this bearable.

The aesthetics and design looked dated, conventional, and utterly uninspired. I remember being glued to the screen when first watching the COD:IW trailer, and the tech in the game was simply awesome (for example, I loved the Jackal takeoff from a town square in Geneva right into orbit and into space combat which was engaging as hell). In comparison, the SQ42 demo was tired and the dialog interface brought back memories of ME:A… not good ones.

All in all, this would certainly have raised eyebrows and been a contender if it had released in 2012. In 2017 however (not to speak of an actual release in 2018 or whatever), it comes across as an aged and outdated leftover from a past gaming era. In the meantime, it's been overtaken by other games left and right, and I don't see anything innovative in it at all. Virtually every feature and mechanic I noticed has already been shown elsewhere, and far better.

BTW: A thousand years from now, people still heat their meals in microwave ovens? What use is the vast, empty, utterly wasted space on the bridge, like an entire office floor with only a handful of desks? We still have space fighters do 1980s Top Gun aircraft carrier-style launches? I could go on and on… all of this is just so lame. The people saying that by the time this gets released, we'll be using Mobiglasses in real life – they do have a point.

Go look at the 'december report' and look at the resources they diverted/dedicated just to produce that 'slice' to boot...
  and none of the shitizens blinking at the fact that they're a year behind on producing 'assets' (ie: ships) for SQ42.
 According to Chris, in late 2016 all the 'assets' would be done by EoY 2016...  Dec 2017 they're talking about 'whiteboxing' assets for Sq42.

justme

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2018, 03:37:42 AM »
it is a bit confusing...

they said, that we get a t-shirt, if 250k accounts enlist for the new squadron 42 newsletter,
what brings us every month a new email.

i think this could be hard, because:

and still no newsletter for january :D

the number seems to be correct. it counts up, each email you put into it.
and many used all their alt-accounts, to raise it up :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2018, 06:54:48 AM »
Yeah, getting to 250K is going to be a hard climb. I wonder what the 1.7m backers are thinking  :shrug:

I was personally looking forward to the SQ42 dev schedule that was promised during the Dec anniversary stream  :smuggo:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

Re: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2018, 04:06:11 AM »
IMDB and SQ42

Does someone keep bumping up the details on IMDB to make it look like actors are doing ongoing work on SQ42 or it is about to be released next year, until it isnt and then the dates get revised ?

Oldman's Filmography on IMDB lists SQ42 as a 2019 venture.

it wasnt always like this was it ?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000198/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2018, 05:13:39 AM »
Nope. It used to be 2014 :emot-lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2018, 01:24:50 PM »
At CitizenCon 2018 we get a trailer - and nothing else

Also the newsletter with more info is out

mtn355

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2018, 07:10:36 AM »
A-haha,
2:55 fantasy renderings and ~ 0:02 of supposed gameplay footage,
which looks, err, underwhelming at least - and which was imho manufactured, too.

David-2

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2018, 08:44:23 AM »
2:55 fantasy renderings

Not so much as that!  Those dramatic fade-to-black-then-fade-in cuts took at least 1/3 of that time ... So they probably generated only 2 minutes of fantasy renderings in total ...

dexatron

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2018, 12:29:10 PM »
They could use a professional cinematographer..
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do

StanTheMan

« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2018, 04:40:05 AM »
This ad is great because it has so many A list actors in it.

It will drum up some business.

Plenty more where that came from too.

How much more money can they get from existing Backers and how many new Backers are there to come into the fold ?

Chris didn't look like a man under pressure in those last two presentations but that's part of his make up.

He may well think he is in the clear and if it all comes crashing down so be it .. he has made his money and he will find an excuse.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 04:43:17 AM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2018, 06:06:52 AM »
First look at Sandi as Pusher. It's as derivative as you would expect. Not sure if she was going for Camina Drummer or Naomi Nagata

jwh1701

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2018, 09:13:17 AM »
First look at Sandi as Pusher. It's as derivative as you would expect. Not sure if she was going for Camina Drummer or Naomi Nagata

The most important thing is they love this new dude over on reddit, my comment there yesterday is probably a record for me in down votes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk