Author Topic: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch  (Read 122325 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2018, 05:37:59 PM »

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2018, 05:15:15 AM »
oh-oh. The SQ42 newsletter has been pushed back from 14th to 20th.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/16901-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

I can't wait for the bad news that the dev schedule ain't happening either. If they don't release it today or the 22nd, it's not happening
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2018, 07:41:07 AM »
oh-oh. The SQ42 newsletter has been pushed back from 14th to 20th.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/16901-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

I can't wait for the bad news that the dev schedule ain't happening either. If they don't release it today or the 22nd, it's not happening

One has to wonder why they would even need to push back a news letter? A letter can say anything you want as players or interested parties cannot really fact check Sq42 statements. If he had planned on dates etc I could see a delay but as we've seen ongoing supporters do not care about missed dates. I always suspect the worse but maybe Chris is just refactoring over and over just like everything else?

Motto

« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2018, 08:42:08 AM »
No, the SQ42 newsletter is basicly ready, but it just needs a little more polishing  :cool:

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2018, 08:57:03 AM »
No, the SQ42 newsletter is basicly ready, but it just needs a little more polishing  :cool:
So a couple of years away then?

Motto

« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2018, 09:07:52 AM »
2 weeks. 90 days tops!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2018, 01:09:12 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2018, 02:33:21 PM »
Well remember back when I wrote an article that sources told me the dev schedule went all the way to 2021 and that CIG were just lying to backers this whole time? And that SQ42 was nowhere near complete?

Then they changed the dev schedule again.

All of a sudden, Star Citizen dev schedule goes up to Q2/19 without even 25% completed.

And now the first time we see the SQ42 dev schedule, it goes to Q2/20 in Beta (which we know is going to slip anyway).

jwh1701

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2018, 04:25:01 PM »
Well remember back when I wrote an article that sources told me the dev schedule went all the way to 2021 and that CIG were just lying to backers this whole time? And that SQ42 was nowhere near complete?

Then they changed the dev schedule again.

All of a sudden, Star Citizen dev schedule goes up to Q2/19 without even 25% completed.

And now the first time we see the SQ42 dev schedule, it goes to Q2/20 in Beta (which we know is going to slip anyway).

Per reddit your getting it right by throwing so many darts your bound to get something to stick /s.
You definitely called it but that 46mill I do not believe will get them through 2020.
Wonder how much the extra director is getting, it would be interesting to see
the 4 salaries and if any bonuses. My karma is getting hammered on reddit but it sure
is funny to see him going after more money. The bulk of posters are all for it on reddit but if they cannot see its been a scam for a longtime then this is nothing to them. But it does look like the ELE might have gotten a short reprieve unless he was brought in to help the 3 amigos check out.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:27:34 PM by jwh1701 »

Zambayoshi

« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2018, 04:38:33 PM »
Since the $46 million was injected for S42 marketing and publishing only, won't the entire project fold within 3 years at their current burn rate?

This means that the projected windfall from S42 cannot be delayed beyond 2021 without causing the entire thing to implode (or downsizing and shelving SC dev entirely in an effort to get S42 out the door). This is your de facto publisher breathing down their necks.

Also, where is the Calders' profit going to come from? Not from backers, because all that money goes to the game development. It would have to come from non-backer sales of S42. Even if the investor gets priority dividends via some shareholder agreement, S42 will have to sell 1 million copies to non-backers (depending on unit price) to break even. It could happen, if the marketing trumpets the big-name Hollywood actors and review copies aren't circulated before release...

I get the feeling that this investment decision is a big throw of the dice by Chris & friends.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2018, 04:59:26 PM »
I have no reason to believe the $46M is for marketing of SQ42. It's 18 months to Beta. So maybe another 24 months to release. Why would they raise marketing money in May 2018?

As to what the investors are getting, we have no clue. They may have a deal whereby they get first dibs on sales of SQ42 upon release. I can't see any other circumstance where they will get any ROI.

Then again, there's money laundering to consider.

The deal makes NO sense whatsoever.

jwh1701

« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2018, 05:29:58 PM »
I have no reason to believe the $46M is for marketing of SQ42.

Your absolutely right these guys are a bunch of absolute scammers, over 1k videos, all the citizen cons. There is no way the need that for marketing, when I read it I just laughed.

StanTheMan

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2018, 05:50:33 PM »

Yes but to try and avoid that they are going to be playing this with alarming regularity down at SQ42 towers.

I love this from Croberts Chairman letter..

It was a lot of work [because we are incompetent]to make sure every remaining task was broken down in detail and estimated to the best of our ability, and the same caveats will apply to the Squadron 42 roadmap as they do to the PU one,

IOW, seven years into development,  after bumbling around in the dark , lying to you and spending all your money, it was a lot of work for us to come up with a project plan...

You couldn't make it up...

and it is going to "slip away, slip away"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:23:13 PM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2018, 06:30:10 AM »
..and so it begins!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 06:32:27 AM by dsmart »

krylite

« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2018, 03:30:12 AM »
What a boondogle farce. The investor clearly doesn't care or is ignorant of how backers were fleeced over 5 years for this ponzi. Sure, maybe CIG v2 will come up with something resembling SQ42 in two to three years if they cut off a lot of scope creep. I hope it's finally over and done with by then where the "release" bombs harder than ME:A, and the backers can sweep their shame under their rugs and ED cleans up as it gets to spacelegs and atmospherics. Then the next chapter of CR follows dogged by lawsuits, an episode on "American Greed" , and books come out regaling how SC killed crowdfunding, etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk