Author Topic: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch  (Read 122326 times)

Judge_dolly_OG

Re: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2020, 02:57:38 PM »
There is finally a dev response acknowledging the lack of S42 video. Typical CIG bullshit.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/sq42-update-video/

I doubt they will get the video out before the beta date that they haven't yet admitted is going to be delayed. They always go quiet when they have bad news that thru aren't sure how to break, maybe it will contain that. Or it might just be more sandworms 😂😂😂

N0mad

« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2020, 03:52:23 PM »
There is finally a dev response acknowledging the lack of S42 video. Typical CIG bullshit.

Almost like they've done no work at all on SQ42 and are rushing to create a flashy commercial to convince the whales that it's all coming along nicely.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2020, 12:10:58 AM »
Almost like they've done no work at all on SQ42 and are rushing to create a flashy commercial to convince the whales that it's all coming along nicely.

Can't show a gameplay video if you have no gameplay lol.

I wonder if the video will make it before the target they had set for internal beta? I think that is Q3 this year, and hasn't yet been announced as delayed. (SPOILER: It will be delayed :D)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2020, 08:07:39 AM »
I am pretty sure they have a playable build, but if it plays like ass and looks like shit, why would they show it?
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #214 on: July 01, 2020, 12:08:14 AM »
I am pretty sure they have a playable build, but if it plays like ass and looks like shit, why would they show it?

Well without any real pro/contra - one should always remember that Sony & Gearbox had two funny years because of a false advertisment lawsuit levelled against them.
And though i guess it was thrown out somewhere along the line, CIG might want to show more realistic trailers at some point to pre-empt any claim of misleading video demos and stop showing completly unrealistic stuff nearing completion of what they deem an acceptable release candidate.
So who knows, i think.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #215 on: July 01, 2020, 02:24:14 PM »
Well, don't look now, but SQ42 missed its Q2/02 Beta release date. Which isn't entirely surprising when you consider that it missed every single alpha milestone since 2019.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/hioz2o/tomorrow_is_the_day_sq42_will_was_supposed_to_hit/
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #216 on: July 02, 2020, 07:02:56 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #217 on: July 02, 2020, 08:48:38 AM »
The latest dev newsletter is a hoot

DemonInvestor

« Reply #218 on: July 03, 2020, 02:43:36 AM »
The latest dev newsletter is a hoot

Honestly... i'm reading that and it to me it's a strange mix of flip-flopping between techno babble and marketing babble with a wad of bad structuring.
Then there are some gems. Praising 'redoing' art and kitbashing possibilities. Explaining terms never really referenced before (compund usable), while not explaining terms that are used and not understandable to anyone who doesn't know the actual code base (LookComponent).
So it comes often across as someone wanting to write something with either nothing really having happenend or the inability to communicate to "normal" people.

N0mad

« Reply #219 on: July 03, 2020, 03:27:12 AM »
I guess CIG think that a long and technical description of the alleged SQ42 progress will make up for an actual gameplay trailer.

It seems as though any progress on anything SC related has ground to a halt - what is going on at CIG?

Aya Reiko

« Reply #220 on: July 03, 2020, 10:40:01 AM »
I guess CIG think that a long and technical description of the alleged SQ42 progress will make up for an actual gameplay trailer.

It seems as though any progress on anything SC related has ground to a halt - what is going on at CIG?

Take your pick:
  • Out of money (again)
  • CRobbers wants to re-do everything (again)
  • A Derek Smart orchestrated conspiracy
  • The code committed suicide
  • etc... etc... etc...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2020, 01:31:06 PM »

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #222 on: July 30, 2020, 01:29:50 AM »
Progress!! We now have a progress roadmap for the dev roadmap

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/squadron-42-roadmap-update

It's bonkers isn't it.

The backers on Reddit and Spectrum are not impressed, especially with the timing of it only appearing after the gaming press started picking up the story. They are still on target and in their internal beta though right? As they haven't mentioned any further delays. 0p3n dEvel0pMent!!!11

N0mad

« Reply #223 on: July 30, 2020, 01:54:20 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/hzscsg/squadron_42_roadmap_update/

I'm not sure I've ever seen SC Reddit this angry with CIG before. And this isn't the only post on the issue.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #224 on: July 30, 2020, 09:10:54 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/hzscsg/squadron_42_roadmap_update/

I'm not sure I've ever seen SC Reddit this angry with CIG before. And this isn't the only post on the issue.

Wait until they find out the true state of the project. They'll be crying buckets.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk