Author Topic: Class Action lawsuit  (Read 7554 times)

Elgold

Class Action lawsuit
« on: January 03, 2018, 08:56:57 AM »
Just drop in to give you guys some info,  because at 1 point I really would like to see the backers put a hold on the holdings with a class action lawsuit and maybe have a chance of recovery.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

This line is what you need to read:

** As a crowd funded project, Star Citizen's scope is based directly on the support provided by our backers. Money pledged goes directly to the game's development.  **

There is also diffently 1 video, I believe more,  CR himself confirms ALL money along with achieved logs from the forums of him stating all backing money goes to development.

Even in settlement utilizing funds from star citizen,  or previous lawsuit has solicitated false information on there website and can be used with other info to inject liablity.

At this point they are and have no right to protect there self with backers money.  And in doing so have/will open up litigation that backers can utilize in a court of law.

Not to count videos out there where CR has commented directly that ALL funds go to development.  This does and cannot pretain to legal defense or lawsuits which must come out of there own pocket and will in the end
be impossible to cover up in a court of law.

Best Regards.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Class Action lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 09:04:03 AM »
The TOS which you signed as a backer, prevents you from bringing a class action lawsuit against them. You can only sue them through arbitration. Good luck!
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Elgold

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 09:06:46 AM »
When was it added to the TOS.

Because the TOS is agreed upon in playing the game.  Which looking at the full scope of the backers compared to ones that accually even downloaded it to agree to a TOS is small?

I done cashed in with profit over 17,000.00 in profit of sales off of star citizen,  I have no need of any money from them.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 09:11:30 AM »
I wrote about all the TOS versions here

http://dereksmart.com/forums/topic/star-citizen-tos/
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Elgold

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 09:27:43 AM »
Good Info,  But when this and its only when not if,  goes south for CIG.   There is going to be Articles to over 1 million + backers that I would bet have never even downloaded the game.   

Granted I would doubt they would ever see a dime.

Eitherway,  if they are utilizing backer money to pay last year law suit,  and I would still think without a class action,  they would be liable to not have a right to use funding for settlement or legal defense.

CR has a Direct video of him stating all backer funding goes to development.    As well as the website would also I link be posting false information.

Anyway,  figured I would toss my thoughts out there.

Best Regards  Derek.

premiumnugz

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 07:08:42 AM »
The TOS which you signed as a backer, prevents you from bringing a class action lawsuit against them. You can only sue them through arbitration. Good luck!

IT prevents you bringing a class action lawsuit against them in the US, but they have many subsidiaries in the UK and Germany where TOS aren't even worth as much as toilet paper.

That said nobody is going to do it in both those countries because anything you would win from a class-action lawsuit is far lower than in the US.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk