Author Topic: CryTek v CIG/RSI  (Read 298921 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: CryTek v RSI/CIG
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2018, 10:11:36 AM »
That's interesting. One would think that the UK Treasury would want proof that the Tax Credits are going towards the "British" game they are expecting (SQ42), not to assets which are going to be used in a different game (SC).

I did notice a post from Juicy_K_Girl in Sc/refunds a few weeks back:

Has anyone heard anything more about this? (or is anyone a UK lawyer who could find out?)

It's rubbish. Just ignore it. That Juicy_K_Girl person is a total flake who thus far hasn't posted anything of relevance or consequence.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Bubba

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2018, 03:08:52 PM »
Intriguing, what was not said. Or maybe what was said and then unsaid. Or maybe what should have been said, but wasn't. You know you're big time when your counsel's on call on weekends.

But seriously folks, don't take Juicy seriously. #1 rule in legal actions is the rule of Tuco: "If you're gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk."
Or just the rule from when I was younger: there are two groups: those who talk about getting laid and those who don't. Guess which one is getting laid?

If they're talking, they've got no knowledge of any upcoming legal actions. If you are talking and do, shut up and don't hit the post button.

nightfire

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2018, 12:27:47 PM »
You know you're big time when your counsel's on call on weekends.

Haha, not necessarily. My counsel's on call on weekends because that's the only time they have to deal with my stuff. During the week, they work on important cases  :10bux:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2018, 12:39:30 PM »
Hey! Who remembers when I totally called this one?

Remember our pandering pal, Leonard French?

Jan 7th, 2018 @ 38:28

"this [Motion to Dismiss] sounds like a knock-out punch to me"

Feb 12, 2018 @ 01:31

"I really don't know which way this one's gonna go. If I'm gonna put my money on it...and I'm not...I'm gonna give it odds towards that the motion to dismiss gets denied and the case continues for further adjudication. Whether that be into discovery or what, I expect there to be a denial of the motion to dismiss. I'm not predicting that as a hundred percent though - I'm going 60/40 on that"

I did say that despite being entitled to his opinions, it seems like he was just pandering to the Cognitive Dissonance of the backer base who have been parroting that nonsense since Dec when he started chiming in on the case.

He is at 60/40.  I remain 100% ALL IN that the MtD is going to get DENIED out of hand. What remains to be seen is how much - if any - of it survives at all.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 04:55:10 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2018, 05:33:54 PM »
Hey! Who remembers when I totally called this one?

Definitely called it and not withstanding asking for money a like CR, and now hes backtracking like CR.

StanTheMan

« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2018, 05:40:04 PM »
The "knock out punch" turned out to be a cock out Hot Lunch for French, as he left himself exposed, and was forced to eat someone elses shit.

As for his 60/40...and without reading up on this judge as Derek says he has done, you would give any randomly selected case being brought by legal professionals,  a 90:10 of failing a MTD.

60:40 is a kin long way from a hundred percent and it is close enough to 50:50 to make Frenchies opinion exceptionally cowardly.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:51:51 PM by StanTheMan »

Penny579

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2018, 03:37:27 AM »
 :lol:
As an expert on the matter, It's rare that I am wrong on this subject. I can also say with certaintany that flipping a coin is worth more than my opinion.  It's as accurate and you also have the coin which is nice.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2018, 04:40:19 PM »
:lol:
As an expert on the matter, It's rare that I am wrong on this subject. I can also say with certaintany that flipping a coin is worth more than my opinion.  It's as accurate and you also have the coin which is nice.

imo, you should take the Bar exam, please clearly you will do a better job than French  :vince:

StanTheMan

« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2018, 05:24:47 PM »
When are we expecting the next  developments in the case ?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2018, 06:13:18 PM »
When are we expecting the next  developments in the case ?

Until the judge rules on the MtD, nothing is going to happen. That could be weeks or months.

Motto

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2018, 10:12:32 AM »
The judge is probably also waiting on Derek's next big thing reveal. She is hoping CIG will collapse so she won't have to deal with all the idiots.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2018, 07:29:21 AM »
The judge is probably also waiting on Derek's next big thing reveal. She is hoping CIG will collapse so she won't have to deal with all the idiots.

:emot-laffo: :emot-laffo:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2018, 05:55:14 AM »
OP updated with latest Crytek filing. My analysis coming later today.

Motto

« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2018, 06:13:16 AM »
Better not make a hodgepodge out of it  :police:

jwh1701

« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2018, 08:00:01 AM »
Reading through it the judge was harsh towards crytek, but I suppose they really need discovery to help prove its accusations. 5-10 years for the case :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk