Author Topic: CryTek v CIG/RSI  (Read 298969 times)

N0mad

Re: CryTek v CIG/RSI
« Reply #480 on: December 28, 2018, 02:20:51 PM »
Is that the game that is being played by a lot of people, right now?

If by "game" you mean a fly somewhere - walk somewhere screenshot generator then yes, but by all means keep pretending it's a game.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #481 on: December 28, 2018, 03:09:29 PM »
Arguing the merits of what constitutes a "game" is not for this thread gents.

From all the discussion about this case it seems to me that it's going to be of little consequence to the ongoing development of the games.

What do you all think will be the ultimate consequence of this litigation?

N0mad

« Reply #482 on: December 28, 2018, 03:15:35 PM »
Arguing the merits of what constitutes a "game" is not for this thread gents.

Ah, now that's top level trolling, right there. Gent.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #483 on: December 28, 2018, 05:17:39 PM »
I've been asked to remain on topic in threads here before now. Sorry if this offends you.

So what do you think will be the ultimate consequence of the lawsuit from Crytek?

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #484 on: December 28, 2018, 10:38:28 PM »
Conjecture. I don't believe this matters. All that matters is if Crytek feels it is getting something IT wants from this lawsuit.
Next....

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #485 on: December 29, 2018, 08:10:12 AM »
Well of course it doesn't matter but this is a thread to discuss the CIG Vs Crytek court case is it not? That's what I was attempting to do.

Surely you all have a clear idea of what's going to happen, seeing as you like to rubbish one version of the potential outcome so much?

Lior and Leonard haven't a clue right? So let me know what you think will happen.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #486 on: December 29, 2018, 10:42:59 AM »
Sorry, I'm fresh out of Troll Chow.

jwh1701

« Reply #487 on: December 30, 2018, 04:24:49 PM »
Well of course it doesn't matter but this is a thread to discuss the CIG Vs Crytek court case is it not? That's what I was attempting to do.

Surely you all have a clear idea of what's going to happen, seeing as you like to rubbish one version of the potential outcome so much?

Lior and Leonard haven't a clue right? So let me know what you think will happen.

My dream would be full on open discovery of the financials, and then a company with proper project management finishes the ks goals.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 04:27:03 PM by jwh1701 »

Motto

« Reply #488 on: December 30, 2018, 04:47:44 PM »
Wouldn't help. This game can't be made, it's that plain and simple.

N0mad

« Reply #489 on: December 31, 2018, 12:24:22 AM »
Wouldn't help. This game can't be made, it's that plain and simple.

Not necessarily. The MMO part of the game can't be made, not with CryEngine, but a limited scope, level based, linear singleplayer SQ42 could be made. It just can't be made with Chris in charge as he's already proven to be the worst project manager in the industry.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #490 on: December 31, 2018, 04:15:02 AM »
Ahh, blindly following your cult leader is fine Smartie, (you got your forum badge yet?), but not for me. I'd rather not assume someone is right because I believe them to have been right on the past.

Maybe that's just me though.

:emot-lol: Hand on a sec! When did I get my own cult?  :vince: Does this mean that I can start charging?
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #491 on: December 31, 2018, 04:16:36 AM »
Let's review those other sources shall we:  Spectrum / Reddit / Lior Lesser and Leonard French. All those sources have proven to be unreliable. Lior and French have been pandering to the Star Citizen crowd from the get-go, repeatedly calling it for CIG and repeatedly being wrong. And the first two ARE the Star Citizen crowd.

Now, you don't need to believe Derek either. But he's got a better track record than all the above.

Forget about track record. The fact that BOTH of those attorneys got it WRONG, even after I was being attacked, speaks volumes. Then days later, this both issued revised statements and retractions :emot-lol:

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #492 on: December 31, 2018, 04:25:16 AM »
It's already been proven that the game as pitched, cannot be made. But this all off topic, so let's continue over here.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #493 on: January 16, 2019, 11:02:58 PM »
This just popped up on the refunds Reddit:

https://www.scribd.com/document/397633888/CIG-Lawsuit-1-16

Looks like Crytek aren't filing a third amend complaint.

N0mad

« Reply #494 on: January 17, 2019, 08:55:40 AM »
Looks to me like Crytek wants to stop wasting time and move ahead with discovery. Can't wait to see what they dig up but I suspect it'll get settled long before it gets to trial.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk