Author Topic: CryTek v CIG/RSI  (Read 304471 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: CryTek v RSI/CIG
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2018, 08:54:49 AM »
Reading through it the judge was harsh towards crytek, but I suppose they really need discovery to help prove its accusations. 5-10 years for the case :(

This had nothing to do with the judge. So what do you mean she was harsh toward Crytek? All of that was about CIG and Crytek. Nothing to do with the judge. It's CIG making those infantile comments.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2018, 09:12:12 AM »
This had nothing to do with the judge. So what do you mean she was harsh toward Crytek? All of that was about CIG and Crytek. Nothing to do with the judge. It's CIG making those infantile comments.

Now I see what is happening, sorry was up till 2:00 this morning trying to stage the house, totally misread who was saying what.

Update: LOL I was so tired this morning kept thinking the judge really being hard on crytek, after coffee its quite interesting read. I think cig is seeing the writing on the wall and does not want to the case to continue at all. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:56:57 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2018, 10:08:29 AM »
Now I see what is happening, sorry was up till 2:00 this morning trying to stage the house, totally misread who was saying what.

Update: LOL I was so tired this morning kept thinking the judge really being hard on crytek, after coffee its quite interesting read. I think cig is seeing the writing on the wall and does not want to the case to continue at all.

Yeah, they are basically doing the same shit they did in previous filings. Flinging shit, completely unprofessional conduct etc.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2018, 12:01:28 PM »
The OP has been updated with my latest analysis

Motto

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2018, 12:10:23 PM »
Oh, I really hope we don't have to wait yet another 16 months. Let's hope the judge throws out the MtD and then clears her calendar to get this shitshow over as quickly as possible.

StanTheMan

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2018, 01:34:41 PM »
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:51:43 PM by StanTheMan »

premiumnugz

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2018, 02:03:58 PM »
Oh, I really hope we don't have to wait yet another 16 months. Let's hope the judge throws out the MtD and then clears her calendar to get this shitshow over as quickly as possible.

Crytek will want to go to trial on this one because a jury will need to decide the interpretation of "exclusive", millions of dollars hangs in the balance, so likely we'll have to wait a while. If CIG do settle it will likely be at that pretrial conference 1 month before the trial. That said I'm absolutely not a lawyer but have dealt with many legal issues for my company including copyright law and HR stuff.

N0mad

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2018, 02:13:35 PM »
Crytek will want to go to trial on this one because a jury will need to decide the interpretation of "exclusive", millions of dollars hangs in the balance, so likely we'll have to wait a while. If CIG do settle it will likely be at that pretrial conference 1 month before the trial. That said I'm absolutely not a lawyer but have dealt with many legal issues for my company including copyright law and HR stuff.

Sounds about right. CIG's only chance is to kick this into the long grass so that the backers forget about it and concentrate on giving them more money before they have to hand it all over to Crytek.

Motto

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2018, 02:24:17 PM »
I don't think that CIG will last until next year July and I'm not sure how much of the things we really like to see will be made available by the bankruptcy trustee when CIG goes bust. I'd like to see Crytek get all of the financials out in the open but I'd also like to see CIG go down on their own merits. No excuse for Chris by handwaving "Crytek sued us into backruptcy, sorry".

jwh1701

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2018, 04:05:45 PM »
The OP has been updated with my latest analysis

Great write up, the response is just so strange to me as to the continue with the unprofessional legalese.

StanTheMan

« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2018, 04:27:50 PM »
I don't think that CIG will last until next year July and I'm not sure how much of the things we really like to see will be made available by the bankruptcy trustee when CIG goes bust. I'd like to see Crytek get all of the financials out in the open but I'd also like to see CIG go down on their own merits. No excuse for Chris by handwaving "Crytek sued us into backruptcy, sorry".

Yes but there is always an excuse.  If it wasn't Crytek, CRoberts will blame something or someone else..

jwh1701

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2018, 04:38:33 PM »
Yes but there is always an excuse.  If it wasn't Crytek, CRoberts will blame something or someone else..

No doubt about it, I've read so many postd from CR cool-aid drinkers talking about how MS shafted him.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2018, 04:04:52 AM »
Personally I think Robbers and company are doing their very best to spend every dime, pay themselves as much as possible so that there isn nothing left to award Crytek. I could be wrong but if you are going to fail, and fail in a most spectacular way you might as well reward yourself handsomly while attempting to convince the morons who supported this farce that you did your darndest to give them what was promised. It's a shame those horrible Crytek people bankrupted us and stole your game. Shucks we were so close.

Ive got to retire to Monaco now.

Believe that?
I got a Bridge in Brooklyn, great location, real cheap.

Noztra

« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2018, 04:59:24 AM »
CR already did that by buying the game of himself. :P

I think DS wrote at some point that RSI (Which CR owns and are CEO) bought Star Citizen/S42 from CR "the privat person". :)

Kyrt

« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2018, 05:12:10 AM »
CR already did that by buying the game of himself. :P

I think DS wrote at some point that RSI (Which CR owns and are CEO) bought Star Citizen/S42 from CR "the privat person". :)

And...if I read things correctly...paid himself $3 million for the privilege after what were, no doubt, arduous negotiations between Chris Roberts as CEO of CIG and Chris Roberts, creator of the Star Citizen universe.

Shady, but without doubt, legal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk