Author Topic: CryTek v CIG/RSI  (Read 298983 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: CryTek v RSI/CIG
« Reply #300 on: August 17, 2018, 11:42:40 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Caveat Emptor

« Reply #301 on: August 17, 2018, 12:02:34 PM »
My coverage of the latest SAC filing

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1030420136250040320.html

You said 'FOREVER + 2 days'. You might want to change that.

Greggy_D

« Reply #302 on: August 17, 2018, 01:17:24 PM »
Question...

I expect that if Crytek has to object to any motion to suppress and|or file under seal anything related to this project, that CIG is going to invoke the ToS.

What does that mean and what result would CIG expect?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #303 on: August 17, 2018, 01:43:26 PM »
You said 'FOREVER + 2 days'. You might want to change that.

Why? You have a hard time recognizing sarcasm?
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2018, 01:45:56 PM »
Question...

I expect that if Crytek has to object to any motion to suppress and|or file under seal anything related to this project, that CIG is going to invoke the ToS.

What does that mean and what result would CIG expect?

I meant to say that Crytek was going to invoke the ToS. Specifically the parts where CIG had claimed publicly that they would make the financial accounting available to backers.

Caveat Emptor

« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2018, 02:04:33 PM »
Why? You have a hard time recognizing sarcasm?

Apparently I do.

StanTheMan

« Reply #306 on: August 17, 2018, 03:32:33 PM »

DemonInvestor

« Reply #307 on: August 17, 2018, 04:29:28 PM »
Just as another thought, in how far would any design work by Crytek during the promotional videos, that CIG still might use, count towards the proclaimed infringement?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #308 on: August 17, 2018, 04:52:14 PM »
Just as another thought, in how far would any design work by Crytek during the promotional videos, that CIG still might use, count towards the proclaimed infringement?

None. They pre-date the GLA (a legal contract).

jwh1701

« Reply #309 on: August 17, 2018, 04:54:10 PM »
My coverage of the latest SAC filing

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1030420136250040320.html

That was a ton of leg work you did going over the filings, based on everything you showed it seems
Costner getting the last laugh now. I really hope we get open discovery, or at least what Chris promised
which was an "audited accounting".

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #310 on: August 18, 2018, 05:19:43 AM »
CIG, not waiting for their 20 day period, have immediately filed a response to Crytek.

Not sure why they're so afraid of discovery. It's weird. Almost as if they're trying to hide something.  :emot-iiam:

dexatron

« Reply #311 on: August 18, 2018, 05:22:51 AM »
Seriously, I would have thought CIG would wait as long as possible to delay the inevitable...
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #312 on: August 18, 2018, 05:28:14 AM »
Seriously, I would have thought CIG would wait as long as possible to delay the inevitable...

They filed this response pretty quickly because seeing as the Rule 26(f) issue is still pending (since April when they filed a protective order to hold it off until the MtD), they didn't want to risk the judge ruling on that, while they're pissing around with their 20 day period to file a response to Crytek's latest. It's almost as if something has them spooked.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 05:31:33 AM by dsmart »

dexatron

« Reply #313 on: August 18, 2018, 05:41:43 AM »
I find it interesting that you mentioned that the Coutts loan could be in immediate default.  That could put a bee in their bonnet.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 05:45:34 AM by dexatron »
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do

Noztra

« Reply #314 on: August 18, 2018, 05:44:11 AM »
This is some funny sh*t. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk