Author Topic: CryTek v CIG/RSI  (Read 305118 times)

StanTheMan

Re: CryTek v RSI/CIG
« Reply #315 on: August 18, 2018, 06:01:06 AM »
This is some funny sh*t. :)

This degenerate depressed shill needs his own day in court.   

The sound of his voice makes me want to vomit because every one of his videos it is the same chipper upbeat tone no matter how much bullshit CIG have peddled and how many milestones they miss.

He has no expertise what so fucking ever in law nevermind USA law and here he is reading shit he found on the web to impressionable gamers as though he is an authority.

I know fuck all... but here is my lengthy opinion on the matter anyway .. which you should listen to because.....

It is like doing an academic essay where 10% is the presentation of actual opinion and facts from experts and 90% response and thoughts from the novice writer/student.

He promotes French and that other useless internet lawyer Derek took down a day or so ago, without so much as mentioning how wrong they have both been on the case - for which you require NO legal expertise whatsoever because they made solid predictions that have since been proven wrong.

Oh and at the end this cunt says he is now following Star Citizen because it is "interesting" to follow and thus attempting to distance himself from the fallout as though he has always been an impartial observer and presenter of facts.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:32:05 AM by StanTheMan »

Bubba

« Reply #316 on: August 18, 2018, 06:34:54 AM »
Good write-up. The one thing I disagree with its the alleged purpose of the SQ42 split, which you pin on the Coutts loan. Actually, it's more likely that they did it to qualify for the tax credits. Then they used those tax credits for the loan, but that was a year or more later, unless my timing is way off.

StanTheMan

« Reply #317 on: August 18, 2018, 06:46:05 AM »
Good write-up. The one thing I disagree with its the alleged purpose of the SQ42 split, which you pin on the Coutts loan. Actually, it's more likely that they did it to qualify for the tax credits. Then they used those tax credits for the loan, but that was a year or more later, unless my timing is way off.

Personally I think there could be several other major reasons for the split.

Not least that it allowed them to switch attention away from slow progress on the MMO.

Without being party to the discussions, it is obviously difficult to know what the chain of events where.   

Not that that is going to stop the toxic Backers screaming that Derek's, analysis and predictions are largely false and have been inaccurate !

Such is the level of incompetence in this whole project over many disciplines and over such a long period of time, anything that happens could be as result of well thought out deliberate acts of dishonesty for self gain whilst in possession of a good grasp of the long term consequences, or just another simple fuck up in an attempt to fight fires,  or something imbetween.

I find it difficult to believe Croberts and Scrotumsin Liarmouth didn't know what they were doing on this.

They know they have been screwing over Backers, Employees and everyone else for years. 

They are not worried about the consequences or risks to the project because it is their modus operandi and they are thoroughly dishonest.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:58:54 AM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #318 on: August 18, 2018, 07:05:24 AM »
This degenerate depressed shill needs his own day in court.   

The sound of his voice makes me want to vomit because every one of his videos it is the same chipper upbeat tone no matter how much bullshit CIG have peddled and how many milestones they miss.

He has no expertise what so fucking ever in law nevermind USA law and here he is reading shit he found on the web to impressionable gamers as though he is an authority.

I know fuck all... but here is my lengthy opinion on the matter anyway .. which you should listen to because.....

It is like doing an academic essay where 10% is the presentation of actual opinion and facts from experts and 90% response and thoughts from the novice writer/student.

He promotes French and that other useless internet lawyer Derek took down a day or so ago, without so much as mentioning how wrong they have both been on the case - for which you require NO legal expertise whatsoever because they made solid predictions that have since been proven wrong.

Oh and at the end this cunt says he is now following Star Citizen because it is "interesting" to follow and thus attempting to distance himself from the fallout as though he has always been an impartial observer and presenter of facts.

Tell us how you really feel :emot-lol:

tbh, I still can't decide between him and Montoya, who is the most moronic. We already know that when the final collapse comes, these are the guys who are going to be all like "Well, at least they tried"
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #319 on: August 18, 2018, 07:06:57 AM »

I don't think so. They would have still qualified for the tax credits using Star Citizen (which actually exists in some form).
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

BigM

« Reply #320 on: August 18, 2018, 07:31:24 AM »
ROFL, Montoya moronic is actually being nice. Every time I listen to that idiot I want to reach in and beat his ass.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #321 on: August 18, 2018, 07:38:38 AM »
ROFL, Montoya moronic is actually being nice. Every time I listen to that idiot I want to reach in and beat his ass.

:emot-lol:

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #322 on: August 18, 2018, 08:45:13 AM »
Yeah, I'd love to hear Montoya's broadcasts when this thing turns into a pile of ashes. It will be his best shows ever. Perhaps the backers will host one final citizencon as a funeral.

Caveat Emptor

« Reply #323 on: August 18, 2018, 09:17:30 AM »

Montoya has always struck me as an arrogant bully who's only interested in his own opinions (because those are the only ones that matter).

Greggy_D

« Reply #324 on: August 18, 2018, 09:22:10 AM »
He'll blame it on the greedy, failing Crytek.  They wanted to punish CIG and its backers.

N0mad

« Reply #325 on: August 18, 2018, 09:35:19 AM »
He'll blame it on the greedy, failing Crytek.  They wanted to punish CIG and its backers.

Yup, since Derek isn't actually doing things to make the project fail - just writing blogs and being right - the zealots could never really blame him for the project's failure (they would, but they wouldn't be taken seriously).

In fact, as Derek has said, the Crytek case gives Chris Roberts an excuse. He can now allow the project to fail (whilst extracting as much money and IP as possible) and blame it all on Crytek. This way he'll hope to emerge with his reputation intact (at least amongst the whales), probably so he can try and extract more money from them another day.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #326 on: August 18, 2018, 09:59:53 AM »

dexatron

« Reply #327 on: August 18, 2018, 10:04:03 AM »
Roberts isn't squeezing his was out of this one, blame who he wants but it isn't going to work.  His dishonesty has come full circle.
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do

N0mad

« Reply #328 on: August 18, 2018, 11:15:02 AM »
The idiot Montoya says things about the court case:

Apparently it's all fine. Also, back in Jan, apparently Leonard French said it was unlikely the judge would dismiss anything. Just for a reminder, this is what Montoya said in Jan (start at 00.34):

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 01:07:39 AM by N0mad »

StanTheMan

« Reply #329 on: August 18, 2018, 04:19:29 PM »
My response to the CIG filing

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1030835962899849222.html

Yep...

Some might ask why Crytek wouldn't want to settle for anything "reasonable" that CIG can afford because if CIG do go to the wall sooner rather than later, Crytek would get less...wouldn't they ?   

I note you said in your earlier response that if you were Crytek you might be minded to see CIG go to the wall (rather than make this purely about immediate $$)

Another consideration regarding a negotiated settlement is that although we are definitely not there yet by the time a case gets to final/jury hearing a huge percent of the total legal costs have already been incurred and this acts as a reason not to settle at a late stage because you might as well pay a little bit more to see it out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk