Author Topic: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch  (Read 295034 times)

Judge_dolly_OG

Re: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #630 on: November 12, 2020, 11:05:41 AM »
ping.

I've been following SC updates via this forum for a few years.

Is this community all on vacation/retired/dead?

No it's still alive, it heats up in here when stuff is happening, there isn't much happening right now so it has died off a bit.

The luxury space chariot expo will probably be the next thing, unless CIG do something before then.

champie

« Reply #631 on: November 12, 2020, 01:31:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I was shocked to see no activity since Oct 25, so I grew concerned enough to register and ask! I look forward to enjoying the shit show that is SC/Roberts when it continues :)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #632 on: November 18, 2020, 01:23:18 PM »
Yeah, nothing interesting is happening atm; so things are kinda dead. Like the "game".
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

wiser3754

« Reply #633 on: November 18, 2020, 03:34:50 PM »
There is the new ship, the Mecury Star Runner which for some reason CIG are limiting it's release to those who paid for the jPEG.

Also check out this new scam on the RSI website. It's an old trick.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/jwhx3z/figured_yall_would_appreciate_this/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 03:38:11 PM by wiser3754 »

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #634 on: November 18, 2020, 03:56:59 PM »
There is the new ship, the Mecury Star Runner which for some reason CIG are limiting it's release to those who paid for the jPEG.

Also check out this new scam on the RSI website. It's an old trick.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/jwhx3z/figured_yall_would_appreciate_this/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

What? $25 gift card for $30?

Either that is a mistake of some kind or they have sunk to new lows.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #635 on: November 21, 2020, 09:51:16 AM »
That's the same old gift card scam they've been running for years now
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

wiser3754

« Reply #636 on: November 24, 2020, 03:33:55 PM »

Another studio?! This game can't be fucking made with this damned engine and hair brained director! What's the monthly expenditure gonna be going forward into the new year? Just because this year was a big record breaker doesn't mean it'll be concurerent.

jwh1701

« Reply #637 on: November 24, 2020, 05:47:36 PM »

Another studio?! This game can't be fucking made with this damned engine and hair brained director! What's the monthly expenditure gonna be going forward into the new year? Just because this year was a big record breaker doesn't mean it'll be concurerent.

Chairman's slow out but still getting a paycheck? I would not suspect another illfonics repeat but who knows.

wiser3754

« Reply #638 on: November 30, 2020, 03:33:08 PM »

Yes! Yes! More! Keep going funding this trainwreck you dumb asses! It's not like large ships like the Idris, Javelin, Polaris, 890 jump, the Nautilus or the upcoming Perseus isn't going to bog the framerate and send the servers into an absolute tizzy.

How are the servers doing during the free fly event? Can't load the game due backend overload? Jesus Christ Roberts.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #639 on: December 02, 2020, 09:26:10 AM »
I think that at this point we all know that it's the same folks funding them. So they have no incentive to change course.

wiser3754

« Reply #640 on: December 02, 2020, 03:36:07 PM »
The cognitive dissonance with this project is just simply unbelievable. Even with a near global depression and a pandemic this project is seeing the best funding year by a large margin compared to last yesr. It simply blew me away how well this year went for CIG in light of these afflictions.

Greggy_D

« Reply #641 on: December 02, 2020, 08:57:45 PM »
Even with a near global depression and a pandemic this project is seeing the best funding year by a large margin compared to last yesr.

I don't fucking believe it.  Not for a single second.  There's ZERO hype now compared to the true "early days" (2013-2015).

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #642 on: December 03, 2020, 02:13:28 PM »

wiser3754

« Reply #643 on: December 03, 2020, 03:37:03 PM »
Oddly, Derek tweeted this and I can't view it. Twitter says the account hold can linits on who can view them.

N0mad

« Reply #644 on: December 03, 2020, 03:49:32 PM »
Thing is, I'm not sure the zealots care that there is barely any content or gameplay for the game. Just as long as there is a newer better shinier ship occasionally to collect.

Nor is there any incentive for CIG to actually make the game at this point: as long as they keep churning out new ships on a regular basis then they'll keep making money.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 03:51:34 PM by N0mad »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk