Author Topic: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch  (Read 294997 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2018, 10:24:16 AM »
OCS in and 130fps confirmed!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9m8094/133_stable_fps_boyys_the_new_age_is_comming/

I'll have to buy a new monitor with a refresh rate high to handle the performance I don't miss single pixel as I clip through the floor.

new user/low karma - best to just lol and move on

- Ryzen 7 1700X with a 1070Ti and 32GB RAM
- 1 client on server instance
- running around a barren surface with procgen rocks

Yeah, OCS + NBC is totally working

Thing is that, so far, NONE of the new planet stuff has leaked because 3.3.5 NEVER went to Evocati. They just used that 3.3 <-> 3.3.5 split to generate hype ahead of ShitizenCon.

And now they claim to have moved some 3.3.5 tasks back into 3.3, which they will release live this week. Which means that the planets remain in 3.3.5 for a later date.

I can guess precisely what they're going to do next. If they release 3.3 - which is already a disaster even with OCS+NBC - that's going to be their excuse for holding off on 3.3.5 until next year. Right now, 3.3 is an absolute disaster (performance, crashes, new hilarious bugs etc) that's even worse than 3.0 (Dec 2017) and that's going to be their benchmark and excuse "We have to fix OCS + NBC + stability + performance before we can add planets" to delay 3.3.5. Then again, if they're dumb enough, they will release it for the Dec holiday stream.

I can say one thing with certainty - and this comes from multiple credible sources - 3.3 is an absolute disaster and there is no way they can fix it before year end. They may end up rolling back OCS+NBC even.

We also noticed that while they have filed financials for the RSI shell company, they are now late on filing financials for CIG. They probably won't file either until after ShitizenCon, or after the holiday stream because I believe it's bad enough that they don't want me writing about it as I normally would, and freaking out the tribe.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 03:31:52 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #196 on: October 08, 2018, 11:14:07 AM »
So, ShitizenCon will be an absolute nightmare. But what will happen then? Will CIG collapse or does it take even more?

N0mad

« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2018, 11:23:08 AM »
Are there any rumours about what new shiny thing Chris will be showing off - if any.

I'm still confused about why Chris is doing the keynote first - unless he's showing off the shiny stuff at the end.

jwh1701

« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2018, 12:48:05 PM »
Are there any rumours about what new shiny thing Chris will be showing off - if any.

I'm still confused about why Chris is doing the keynote first - unless he's showing off the shiny stuff at the end.

Hopefully the human torpedo which would probably get me back to funding the game.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2018, 04:49:54 PM »

The shiny stuff always goes with the keynote. I think they did it this way because of the other presentations (distractions) they have going on a different stage.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #200 on: October 09, 2018, 01:49:28 PM »
Oh yeah, this is what they're releasing this week. For real.

Star Citizen Patch 3.3.0l

Alpha Patch 3.3.0l has been released to the PTU, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: PTU-957618.

It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizenPTU\LIVE.

Please monitor Evocati spectrum for updates and testing instructions.

USER.cfg settings:
r_displayinfo = 3

Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the "Testing Focus".

Testing Focus

Hammerhead
Constellation Phoenix
Reworked Mustangs
Cyclone variants.
Manned turrets.
New default ship loadouts.
Changes to ship cannons.
Power management, overpower, and overclocking ship systems and components.

Major Known Issues

Levski landing pads are covered and hidden collision can trap players in customs. W/A: Avoid Levski.
Players may appear to spawn in space upon respawn. W/A: Wait, the game will load you into the bed (clipping) and you can suicide to reset.
Group services are currently not functioning.
In-game chat services may not be working.
The group system is undergoing an update and is currently not functioning correctly.
Arena Commander's loadout and ship selector is undergoing a rework to include ship rental functionality and may not be fully function as is.
Airlocks lack lighting.

Feature Updates

Universe
Extended comm array monitored zone to encompass Port Olisar.
Ships and Vehicles
Smoothed Cyclone TR turret in/out animations.

Bug Fixes

The Constellation Phoenix Emerald should no longer have replaceme textures all over it.
Fixed an issue where players would be unable to launch/take off after spawning a ship.
NPCs should no longer walk around with pistols drawn.
The player should no longer t-pose when interacting with the mess hall table.
The cockpit display on the Mustang series should no longer be too far pushed forward.
Smoothed Cyclone TR turret in/out animations.
Fixed "Text field 40" UI errors.

Technical

Fixed 4 server crashes.
Fixed 2 client crashes.

Current Ship List

Hammerhead, Constellation Phoenxi, Gladius, Gladius Valiant, Retaliator, Sabre, Sabre Comet, Hornet F7C, Hornet F7C Wildfire, Hornet F7CS, Hurricane, Terrapin, Mustang Variants, Buccaneer, Cutlass, Dragonfly, Herald, Merlin, Prospector, Reliant, Starfarer, Starfarer Gemini, 300i, 315p, 325a, 350r, 600i, 85x, Aurora CL, Aurora LN, Aurora LX, Aurora MR, Constellation Andromeda, Constellation Aquila, Nox, Cyclone variants, and Khartu-Al.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2018, 01:54:53 PM »
Latest Evocati break-through

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6v5b4t

jwh1701

« Reply #202 on: October 09, 2018, 04:13:26 PM »
Oh yeah, this is what they're releasing this week. For real.

Star Citizen Patch 3.3.0l

Reddit users are so excited of the hammerhead and how it helps fill out the universe, lols never stop on how crazy they are.

I cannot fathom why the have so collision and character malfunction at this point. Certainly not seeing the bug smashers as they have dropped off the radar as well. I wonder if the poached employees or anyone with crytech skills is still there?

N0mad

« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2018, 11:59:48 PM »

That was hilarious. I thought he was just going to die, instead he gets boneitis.

I wonder if that's the new inverse kinematics system malfunctioning in hilarious ways.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2018, 06:14:59 AM »
No clue what's going there; but from the looks of it, they haven't yet sorted out the portals for the doorway. So he can't enter it without triggering a collision. The subsequent character boneitis is just an after effect.

N0mad

« Reply #205 on: October 10, 2018, 07:10:19 AM »
No clue what's going there; but from the looks of it, they haven't yet sorted out the portals for the doorway. So he can't enter it without triggering a collision. The subsequent character boneitis is just an after effect.

Just on a technical point of interest: you refer to a portal for the doorway - what do you mean by that?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #206 on: October 10, 2018, 08:08:01 AM »
Just on a technical point of interest: you refer to a portal for the doorway - what do you mean by that?

"portal" (assuming that's how they're doing it) is a dev term.  Check Google as I don't have time to write a book on it.

Motto

« Reply #207 on: October 10, 2018, 02:22:19 PM »
Now don't brush him of like that. You can always do a blog.

jwh1701

« Reply #208 on: October 10, 2018, 07:15:49 PM »

+1 and I want to hear about zone culling for clothing, after seeing that I'm ready to break out the cc.
Plus all the other exciting tech like the online rigs, houdini volumetric clouds.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:18:03 PM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2018, 07:06:34 AM »

heh, I wasn't brushing him off. The info is on Google and there is no short explanation for it. So why waste my time when someone else has already done the work?  :emot-science:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk