Author Topic: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch  (Read 294592 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2018, 07:57:25 AM »
'Cause you can do it better? Just ask Chris  :cool:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #211 on: October 11, 2018, 09:19:30 AM »
3.3 is on PTU. And yes, it's a complete disaster

On 09/24 I said:

"Looking at the Sept 21st schedule, along with this first changelog, I have absolutely no idea how on this God’s Earth they are going to complete what’s left for 3.3, and get into a reasonable state for release on Oct 10th."

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6639/
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

kaylani.larelli

« Reply #212 on: October 11, 2018, 11:16:32 AM »
Does anyone else share my suspicions that the entire keynote mission was a prerecorded video rather than live gameplay? It all seemed heavily scripted, even the reactions to the "crashes". Chris' dismay at the original crash seemed pretty forced, like bad acting. I got the impression that some trickery was at work right away and when I started looking at it from that perspective, everything seemed to align perfectly with the idea that they recorded this ahead of time. Should anyone really believe the game ran that long through that "complex" (in SC terms) a mission, with only 1 crash at the very beginning and only minor, laughable glitches rather than the game-destroying ones testers see far too often? Even their reactions to the glitches seemed like they were expecting them and had canned responses ready. And they seemed far too eager to insist over and over that it was live gameplay when it just didn't look like it.

Maybe I am just paranoid but I wouldn't put it past them.

N0mad

« Reply #213 on: October 11, 2018, 12:47:21 PM »

When it's a choice between conspiracy or cock-up, usually it's a cock-up. Especially when CIG do something.

I'm sure it was all actually in-game, but it will be a game with just that planet and the city loaded into a really powerful client and on-site server connected via LAN.

It all looks great, but so did previous CitizenCon keynotes and how many of those are playable now? It's just another art heavy tech demo with minimal actual gameplay, just like the rest of them.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:49:08 PM by N0mad »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #214 on: October 11, 2018, 01:30:05 PM »
Does anyone else share my suspicions that the entire keynote mission was a prerecorded video rather than live gameplay? It all seemed heavily scripted, even the reactions to the "crashes". Chris' dismay at the original crash seemed pretty forced, like bad acting. I got the impression that some trickery was at work right away and when I started looking at it from that perspective, everything seemed to align perfectly with the idea that they recorded this ahead of time. Should anyone really believe the game ran that long through that "complex" (in SC terms) a mission, with only 1 crash at the very beginning and only minor, laughable glitches rather than the game-destroying ones testers see far too often? Even their reactions to the glitches seemed like they were expecting them and had canned responses ready. And they seemed far too eager to insist over and over that it was live gameplay when it just didn't look like it.

Nah, it was all live. No way none of those chuckleheads are such good actors.

I was actually chatting with someone on Twitter DM who was wondering how/why he was able to cheat to go back to the crash site so quickly after breaking his legs and dying. I had to explain that neither the server nor the client crashed, so there was nothing to load. The player client died, and when he woke up, they just used a dev cheat (most of us have that in our games) to warp back to that location in the already loaded level/map.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #215 on: October 12, 2018, 08:27:33 AM »
The critical thinkers out there must love the new $400 drop ship.

The train has been done in the posted video.

The quality of the FPS shooter game has been done.

The smuggler routes in and out of areas ... hmmm how long before they are not secret any more ?

At least the ramp worked this year.

There is no game, no gameplay and no MMOG.

It should be as clear as day that this is the product and it is in perpetual development until the money runs out.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 08:30:32 AM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #216 on: October 12, 2018, 11:03:47 AM »
Well, seeing that ShitizenCon funding is down 50% year on year, that should be a clue that most whales don't give a shit anymore.

GaryII

« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2018, 01:49:03 PM »
 I think reason for that is that Kraken is not on sale yet, so whales are saving money for that chariot...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2018, 05:21:00 AM »

Motto

« Reply #220 on: October 13, 2018, 07:13:13 AM »
That's a lot of words. It's going to crash and burn would be a much easier statement. For all models.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #221 on: October 26, 2018, 04:25:04 AM »
Oh yeah, this is going to be FANTASTIC!

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9r40ao/updated_in_game_ship_prices_vs_pledge_cost_ptu_33t/

Yes. It’s hilarious. And of course if we needed any stronger evidence that the game is catering to whales - who already paid lots of cash money for their chariots - this would be it. No way on this God’s Earth would even those crazy b@stards like us who grind in ED without noticing it, would grind in this game for crap like this. It’s not as if the tech demo (which is never going to be a “game”) is fun or anything.

But it’s totally not P2W though.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #222 on: October 26, 2018, 04:25:23 AM »
*moved*

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #224 on: October 26, 2018, 04:27:18 AM »
The latest from the much-hyped upcoming Star Citizen 3.3 for which those guys have been touting (well, lying really) non-existent performance gains (it's all in their heads).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk