Author Topic: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch  (Read 294952 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen 3.x Progress Watch
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 05:21:04 PM »
I guess they are still thinking they can run all over the backers, good write up concerning the changes. It's still hard to believe they would do this and not think about a little backlash or negative press.

I mention this in the part of my article where I was talking about REC being removed from the PU. Here's the Twitter thread in which I also included the metrics (from our other sub-forum here)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 05:16:25 PM »
They went ahead with the free fly weekend. As expected, it's an amazing shit-show, and Reddit is ablaze with posts like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8c5jxs/my_312_experience_so_far/

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 06:31:44 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 04:50:37 PM »
I tried it too and it was hilarious as it wasn't able to saturate my GPU.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 08:12:30 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 10:30:56 PM »
LOL!!

Mining @ 2:56

So the game having problems with to many objects in-stream for players is creating a mining system in which single objects get destroyed to spawn multiple objects... am i getting that right?

N0mad

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2018, 11:35:25 PM »
So much for high fidelity gameplay if all you're doing with your HUGE mining ship is breaking up (explosive?) pebbles on a planet surface.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2018, 05:03:26 AM »
So the game having problems with to many objects in-stream for players is creating a mining system in which single objects get destroyed to spawn multiple objects... am i getting that right?

Yes. But this is good for Star Citizen, you see.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2018, 05:04:01 AM »
So much for high fidelity gameplay if all you're doing with your HUGE mining ship is breaking up (explosive?) pebbles on a planet surface.

Don't forget, we're racing toward the MVP now. So this makes sense.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2018, 05:25:53 AM »
Hey, new schedule is out. We're in 2019 territory now. And we'd still be stuck in Stanton (which still won't be finished) system. Which is 1 of 100 they promised.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen/info

Remember back when I said this "game" was never going to see the light of day, and that the 2016 schedule was bullshit?

Motto

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2018, 05:47:17 AM »
No, I don't. Maybe you could refresh my memory?  :cool:

So, how 'bout that really big thing. Got something to reveal yet? The waiting is killing me...

DemonInvestor

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2018, 11:34:18 AM »
Yes. But this is good for Star Citizen, you see.

Heh.. for the meta game star citizen most likely. I mean i can't wait to see videos of how the collision calculations of those shattering rocks play out, given their track record so far.  :emot-woop:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2018, 02:59:46 PM »
No, I don't. Maybe you could refresh my memory?  :cool:

See: The July Blog  :emot-allears:

Motto

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2018, 03:17:58 PM »
You should have answered the other question   :police:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2018, 03:27:12 PM »
You should have answered the other question   :police:

I didn't because I don't have anything new to add to that. If you knew how much hassle Goons (on my private Discord channel) gave me over the Crytek lawsuit - for almost 6 months - then you would know that when I can't talk about something, I just can't. That's why I was only able to say anything once it was actually filed.

But as I've said, it's more detrimental than Crytek's lawsuit. And it changes everything. Just wait, you'll see.

jwh1701

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2018, 03:39:02 PM »
I didn't because I don't have anything new to add to that. If you knew how much hassle Goons (on my private Discord channel) gave me over the Crytek lawsuit - for almost 6 months - then you would know that when I can't talk about something, I just can't. That's why I was only able to say anything once it was actually filed.

But as I've said, it's more detrimental than Crytek's lawsuit. And it changes everything. Just wait, you'll see.

I've been patiently waiting but would prefer all good things to come in the right time and not be rushed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk