Author Topic: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit  (Read 187574 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen - Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2018, 12:46:53 PM »
So sorry to hear you say that.  Because, I'm really excited to see the realistic visual effects when they get all the physics correct w.r.t. gravitational lensing caused by dark objects occluding visible stars/galaxies/etc., as seen being planned/scoped in the lower left corner here.

But if you really think they're morons … then maybe they won't actually accomplish that?

They put that on there to fool you what your really getting is on the right at the bottom beside him.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 05:02:40 AM by dsmart »

DemonInvestor

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2018, 02:40:12 PM »
So sorry to hear you say that.  Because, I'm really excited to see the realistic visual effects when they get all the physics correct w.r.t. gravitational lensing caused by dark objects occluding visible stars/galaxies/etc., as seen being planned/scoped in the lower left corner here.

But if you really think they're morons … then maybe they won't actually accomplish that?

I love how often they seemingly want to go for the moronic amount of modellation with SC instead of the appropriate amount.

dexatron

« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2018, 06:51:00 AM »
"The Road To Release" strap line will keep plenty more $ rolling in from fools but the take is way down according to the Analytics Project.

This whole presentation was a joke and he describes things as though they have been going a few months and we have never heard of "persistence" in an MMO before...

http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=53.195

This is an interesting article on how people ignore the the evidence before them if they don't like the solutions that the evidence suggests are required.

"When participants were given solutions to climate change that Republicans opposed ideologically — tax rises, regulation and so forth — the proportion who believed the original scientific statements about the rise in temperatures was low. When told the solution was extra government regulation, just 22 per cent of Republicans believed temperatures would go up by as much as the experts said.

Yet when they were told that there were free market solutions to global warming, 55 per cent of Republicans said that they agreed with the original scientific statements."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/let-s-stop-kidding-ourselves-about-politics-3566vsgqj

SC Backers will carry on believing as long as there are solutions on the table they like the sound of.

But their money to keep paying for them is going to run out sooner rather than later.

but the world is getting colder Stan....

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2018, 02:09:09 PM »
Yeah that was a tough question @ 3:20.

The hilarious part is that backers think the backlog is *only* 7 yrs. Clearly they haven't been paying attention.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2018, 06:44:42 AM »
So you remember that new Kraken (totally not scope creep though) ship from the Star Citizen event last week? Sure you do. It's so special that it's invite only to BUY it. And it's sold in waves (totally not kidding). The whale call just went out from CIG.

LOL!! The price has leaked.

It's $1,400. FOR A JPEG!! (the ship is neither built, nor in the game).

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16813-Q-A-Drake-Kraken

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2018, 06:45:08 AM »
Wave 2!!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 06:52:15 AM by dsmart »

jwh1701

« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2018, 07:47:10 AM »
Wave 2!!

LOL - I'm doing my part and pushing people to jump on this in reddit. Some were upset at me over the price but I have offered many ways to save money.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2018, 07:50:48 AM »

jwh1701

« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2018, 08:55:08 AM »

If you are unable to see this type of selling and not think scam nothing will wake them up.

StanTheMan

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2018, 07:44:34 AM »

If you are unable to see this type of selling and not think scam nothing will wake them up.

They are just role playing someone that got scammed and even if the game doesn't release they will have gotten their money's worth in enjoyment.

As I am re listening to Derek's video https://youtu.be/HYEAPspG92U and in particular around the 35 min mark, if the TOS are water tight, CIG can say what they like in these adverts for real world $ to buy game assets/jpegs to fund the development of the game and no one is getting their refund when the sales materials are shown to be lies.

There doesn't seem to be a need (or the mechanism wouldn't work anyway in terms of providing a (materially different) legal loophole for corporations) of getting people to buy In Game Currency and then having that as the only way to buy in game game assets.     

You could imagine  it might be easier to say you had delivered what the customer paid real $ for by way of in game currency as opposed to them buying a complex in game asset like a ship with their actual $.

Contract law being well trodden i would imagine that people have tried selling tokens (for fun fair rides etc), vouchers and such like which if they could be used to circumvent consumer protection from buying actual goods would be being used instead of legal currency in order to get round legislation.   

So CIG are free to lie becasue the TOS protects them from having to refund on their failed delivery of these ships sold on the basis of lies/role play etc...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 08:25:32 AM by StanTheMan »

jwh1701

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2018, 09:22:11 AM »
They are just role playing someone that got scammed and even if the game doesn't release they will have gotten their money's worth in enjoyment.

It's crazy to watch this all unfold they had a thread on people buying the kraken yesterday and people chumming in to say they had. Of course how knows if they did or not. One of the few things Chris or probably ortwin did right was updating the tos.

StanTheMan

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2018, 02:55:58 PM »
At the price this ship is likely to be, only people who were going to buy it anyway are buying. I don't think marketing hype and spin get people to drop 1K+ unless they had every intention of doing so anyway. shrug
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9pnzb2/how_to_manipulate_kraken_shortage_and_sell_a_tons/

He thinks marketing items that cost more than $1,000 is a futile and pointless exercise. 

[–]RexFury 2 points 10 hours ago

Seriously, if you have any network knowledge at all, wireshark the client and watch that network traffic to cloundfront and EC2. Throw up a perfmon on the client. They claim that they’re going to scale this stuff? When the streaming stops dead occasionally?

https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/9pct1a/star_citizen_citizencon_2948_panel_breathing_life/e81i44n/?context=3

Although I get the jist of it, in more detail, what is this guy talking about
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 04:40:18 PM by StanTheMan »

jwh1701

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2018, 06:09:55 PM »
They are just dying to toss money into the dumpster fire.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9q1x1r/dear_cig_i_will_give_200_right_now_for_600i_skin/

I'm thinking of taking the CIG tos and starting space KS, I could
retire way sooner than planned.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2018, 04:07:08 AM »
Although I get the jist of it, in more detail, what is this guy talking about

The same thing I've been writing about in my articles. Their networking isn't up to par - and never will be. WireShark is a net traffic monitoring tool. IT and devs use it for diagnostics and analysis.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2018, 04:10:24 AM »
He thinks marketing items that cost more than $1,000 is a futile and pointless exercise. 

He's not wrong. Also, no matter how much money they raised this month, all it does is pay for ShitizenCon, and possibly a portion of their Oct burn rate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk