Author Topic: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit  (Read 187598 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen - Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2018, 08:03:54 AM »
We did it guys!!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Totally not suspicious - at all

They have made a bunch of threads theory crafting on what Chris would do when they hit 200mill. Should be wondering if the road map he promised for December is really going to appear.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2018, 05:39:23 AM »
$200M milestone - Letter from the chairman

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:29:04 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2018, 10:29:12 AM »
$200M milestone - Letter from the chairman

"To reduce Star Citizen to just be about the amount raised is to do a disservice to all this. No other game shares as much information on a weekly basis, and no other game I know of is as focused on listening to and working with its community to make the best game possible. When I look around and see other games, even ones from major publishers, copying our playbook, I know we have had a positive influence on the gaming industry."

I have no frigging clue wtf he’s talking about. Last I checked, there were no copyrights or trademarks on how to run an active scam.

"And it’s more than just the funding, it’s been six years of ground breaking open development, where all of you have been actively involved in what we are building."

Oh so it's six years now. Over time, it's hard to keep up with the lies. Chris Roberts, Oct 19, 2012

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223011931/https://www.themittani.com/features/exclusive-interview-star-citizens-chris-roberts
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:49:20 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2018, 01:06:28 PM »
"To reduce Star Citizen to just be about the amount raised is to do a disservice to all this. No other game shares as much information on a weekly basis, and no other game I know of is as focused on listening to and working with its community to make the best game possible. When I look around and see other games, even ones from major publishers, copying our playbook, I know we have had a positive influence on the gaming industry."

I have no frigging clue wtf he’s talking about. Last I checked, there were no copyrights or trademarks on how to run an active scam.

"And it’s more than just the funding, it’s been six years of ground breaking open development, where all of you have been actively involved in what we are building."

Oh so it's six years now. Over time, it's hard to keep up with the lies. Chris Roberts, Oct 19, 2012

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223011931/https://www.themittani.com/features/exclusive-interview-star-citizens-chris-roberts

Just more lies and spin.  Absurd lies and spin.

For example, companies research what customers want.  If you launch product that customers don't want, they dont buy it.   He already took their money and hasnt delivered.

Greggy_D

« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2018, 04:35:20 PM »
When I look around and see other games, even ones from major publishers, copying our playbook,

Name them, Chris.  I fucking dare you.

jwh1701

« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2018, 06:31:05 PM »

LOL

The whole letter just screams that he's living in a completely made up reality of his own making. My other thought is he has no issues scamming people to the 9th degree, I suspect its probably both. 

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2018, 05:25:07 AM »

LOL

The whole letter just screams that he's living in a completely made up reality of his own making. My other thought is he has no issues scamming people to the 9th degree, I suspect its probably both.

He literally doesn't care. So pandering to the remaining whales is all he's got left.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2018, 05:00:08 AM »
Does anyone have any more info on this Idris upgrade sale thing?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2018, 05:00:21 PM »

@ 1:41

"probably some time around mid-next-year we'd hopefully be having battles where you'd have a bunch of people on a Constellation or an Idris against a bunch of people flying other kinds of ships. [...] That will be in as soon as humanly possible, let me put it that way." - Chris Roberts, Dec 17, 2013

krylite

« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2018, 03:11:37 AM »
When I look around and see other games, even ones from major publishers, copying our playbook, I know we have had a positive influence on the gaming industry.

He sure does "look around" other games, and copying elements, ideas and concepts, even dev scheduling. e.g. Eve mining ship, ED's update numbering from 2.x to 3.x close or pr-empting the update release dates such as mining trying to look like CIG is on the same racetrack lap as FD. More like negative influence on the expectations in this niche industry made to be misinformed & unrealistic such as pressured on ED and unwarranted fdev bashing clamoring for new features and updates, yesterday. Funny how the subconscious leaks out the truth in the words of the letter but as said, doesn't care anymore while the backer money keeps flowing..
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:21:58 AM by krylite »

StanTheMan

« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2018, 08:16:14 PM »
He sure does "look around" other games, and copying elements, ideas and concepts, even dev scheduling. e.g. Eve mining ship, ED's update numbering from 2.x to 3.x close or pr-empting the update release dates such as mining trying to look like CIG is on the same racetrack lap as FD. More like negative influence on the expectations in this niche industry made to be misinformed & unrealistic such as pressured on ED and unwarranted fdev bashing clamoring for new features and updates, yesterday. Funny how the subconscious leaks out the truth in the words of the letter but as said, doesn't care anymore while the backer money keeps flowing..

And breaking contracts with game engine comps..

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2018, 05:29:36 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2018, 05:43:38 AM »

Goon version :emot-lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2018, 09:37:36 AM »
Oh boy. This is bad, right? Or did I miss something?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/a46s43/no_holiday_livestream/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk