Author Topic: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit  (Read 187587 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2018, 10:34:56 AM »
Since the game launched fully back in 2014 and with all the major updates and additional DLC's since then, there isn't just anything left to cover. And apparently Chris doesn't have a new idea yet for a follow up, so you we just have to settle this Christmas with those other boring games like NMS, Elite, X4, Emperion etc. You know, all those games that stole their ideas from Chris in the first place.

krylite

« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2018, 06:44:58 PM »
Since the game launched fully back in 2014 and with all the major updates and additional DLC's since then, there isn't just anything left to cover. And apparently Chris doesn't have a new idea yet for a follow up, so you we just have to settle this Christmas with those other boring games like NMS, Elite, X4, Emperion etc. You know, all those games that stole their ideas from Chris in the first place.

"stole" their ideas from Chris in the first place?? what are you going on about? Elite2: Frontier in '93 had their own 3d engine and the first procgen and modeled galaxy and star systems, not just slapping textures on 2d sprites. Maybe ok, NMS and the X series had some ideas from WCI/II/III, but not Elite nor ED which has gone back to above NMS and X4 on the steamcharts and a nice surge in stats since 3.3's release last Tuesday. Thousands of systems are getting mapped by probably thousands of concurrent players in the ED verse these past few days.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 06:47:31 PM by krylite »

krylite

« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2018, 06:49:59 PM »
What a farce of a shilled bs'd video on SC. "a threat" and "groundbreaking"? what a riot. This guy is either shilled , way behind, or kind of ignorant of common sense game dev and has no idea of technical debt which he still equates to "sales of product" by CIG.

("threat to DevOlopers", lol)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 06:55:33 PM by krylite »

jwh1701

« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2018, 07:03:23 PM »
What a farce of a shilled bs'd video on SC. "a threat" and "groundbreaking"? what a riot. This guy is either shilled , way behind, or kind of ignorant of common sense game dev and has no idea of technical debt which he still equates to "sales of product" by CIG.

This guy is a genius I subbed immediately in hopes he will offer investment advice in the stock market.

Motto

« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2018, 11:58:30 PM »
"stole" their ideas from Chris in the first place?? what are you going on about? Elite2: Frontier in '93 had their own 3d engine and the first procgen and modeled galaxy and star systems, not just slapping textures on 2d sprites. Maybe ok, NMS and the X series had some ideas from WCI/II/III, but not Elite nor ED which has gone back to above NMS and X4 on the steamcharts and a nice surge in stats since 3.3's release last Tuesday. Thousands of systems are getting mapped by probably thousands of concurrent players in the ED verse these past few days.
Try reading my whole text  :cool:

Resin

Star Citizen - Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2018, 12:31:07 AM »

He should also calibrate his sarcasm detector while he’s at it. It’s way off.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2018, 01:36:59 AM »

"This game looks amazing"

Glitchy texture pop ins a plenty.

"Bemoans evil publishers ripping off their customers"

While flying a real money space chariot, in a game all about real money space chariots, some of them "worth" thousands of dollars and aren't even implemented yet.

The only thing this game is a threat to is crowdfunding. That said, EA must be incredulous at them getting lambasted for shitty P2W monetisation, meanwhile space whales applaud CIG on for it, and look forward to the next P2W sale.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2018, 05:21:15 AM »
It's almost as if some bad news about dark money appeared last week and needs to be countered. Right on the heels of the fail to spin the Crytek lawsuit as being dismissed and over.

Trust me when I say this - what's coming next is going to be difficult for them to ignore.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2018, 05:28:42 AM »
Something to do with this?

jwh1701

« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2018, 07:04:52 AM »

Interesting plot twist for new director who is an attorney, working for CIG he's got the perfect background as the game is not important. 

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2018, 09:30:55 AM »

Not at all.

FYI about that guy. Read up on his history, and you'll get a better understanding of what is currently going on with funding etc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/danoffner/

http://www.lawyerdb.org/Lawyer/Daniel-Connell-Offner/

"In the interactive entertainment industry, Dan represented THQ, Ubisoft, Konami, sciEidos, Sony Computer Entertainment, Warner Music, Gameloft, Emergent Game Technologies and, Trion, as well as private equity firms and other investors active in the videogame space.  From 1995 to 2012, Dan closed major transactions for his clients, such as Ubisoft’s acquisition of Redstorm (the Tom Clancy games) and The Learning Company Entertainment Assets, which included “Myst” and “Prince of Persia,” Trion’s deal with the SciFi Channel for a game that was both a TV show and a massively multiplayer online game, and the purchase of Harmonix by the private equity group Columbus Nova." - https://oandapc.com/dan-offner/

Note: Columbus Nova (owned by Viktor Vekselberg a Russian oligarch under US sanctions since this past Summer) also owns Daybreak Games.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 09:35:11 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2018, 09:54:11 AM »

FYI about that guy. Read up on his history, and you'll get a better understanding of what is currently going on with funding etc

Makes you wonder what is going on with the US parent company, I wonder how much of that has been sold off?

I wonder whether Roberts is looking for a way out yet, or just looking for cash to keep the show on the road. Will it end in a Freelancer style situation again where they kick him off his own project?

StanTheMan

« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2018, 09:48:10 PM »
It's almost as if some bad news about dark money appeared last week and needs to be countered. Right on the heels of the fail to spin the Crytek lawsuit as being dismissed and over.

Trust me when I say this - what's coming next is going to be difficult for them to ignore.

Another Lesnick in the room..

StanTheMan

« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2018, 09:49:17 PM »
Makes you wonder what is going on with the US parent company, I wonder how much of that has been sold off?

I wonder whether Roberts is looking for a way out yet, or just looking for cash to keep the show on the road. Will it end in a Freelancer style situation again where they kick him off his own project?

I suppose there is meat on the Star Citizen bones for someone that just wants to try and squeeze more cash out of Backers for JPEGS.   Then walk away.

It is a well trodden scam technique to offer those that are about to lose their money an opportunity to save the situation, if they would just spend some more cash for the rescue.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 09:52:38 PM by StanTheMan »

krylite

« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2018, 01:48:55 AM »

ahok, I get it now, my bad. And I guess I have an ED funny bone.

So a Freelancer situation where some publisher takes it off CIG?, but surely the industry must all know the project is fubar by now.  Or maybe looking for ways out, to keep more siphoned and hidden cash after the collapse.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 01:56:31 AM by krylite »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk