Author Topic: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit  (Read 33223 times)

Judge_dolly_OG

Re: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit
« Reply #330 on: September 01, 2019, 01:24:25 AM »
There is a rumour that the QA haven't been paid for August on SA, it hasn't come from the agent, so who knows.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #331 on: September 01, 2019, 01:45:37 AM »
Recently i watched the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj0CHMYDIZg of the 890j.
That ship is somewhat of an eptiome of the whole problem they've got. A pipe dream ship, only valuable to non mechanics oriented people, which role most likely would never function in an actual game, which most likely bound qutie some resources and most likely made them quite some money from the whales.

StanTheMan

« Reply #332 on: September 01, 2019, 12:07:16 PM »
A bit jarring to put a vegan dessert after a non-vegan starter and main course but what do I know.

Sausage and chips (that's fries for you Americans) - really pushing the boat out.

helimoth

« Reply #333 on: September 02, 2019, 09:46:06 AM »
Sausage and chips (that's fries for you Americans) - really pushing the boat out.

No expense spared for members of the Chairman's club!

Don't get me wrong, sausage and chips is a firm favourite of mine (dollop of curry sauce to dip and I'm in heaven). But if I'm shelling out a few notes for a presentation and a dinner I'd expect something with a bit more finesse.

After radio silence from CIG, the latest Pillar Talk drops:

Short, no Chris, no explanation apart from the quarterly release cycle being unworkable. Basically they are still going to have quarterly releases, but they will split the teams so that one half is on one release, the others on the next one.  They have probably bought themselves some more time with the believers as the changes can be explained by adjusting to the new cadence. Loads of backers in Reddit arguing about Agile, it is clear both they and CIG have no idea what it is about. I wish this was uncommon in development but it really isn't lol.

Elsewhere they have released the roadmap and S42 has been delayed by three months... Is that all? Just moving the dangled carrot slightly further down the road.

It has been getting downvoted pretty heavily too. Despite all the youtube comments about the video being devoid of content, I reckon even 2 years ago this video would have been lapped up by thirsty shitizens. They would have heaped it with praise as a glowing example of CIG being open and sharing internal release strategies. Backer goodwill appears to be running out for CIG.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 10:47:41 AM by helimoth »

ronron

« Reply #334 on: September 08, 2019, 09:14:23 AM »
Derek,

Years from today, long after Chris has been tractor-beamed off to the cooler to pay his debt to society and that mansion of his has been auctioned off, a movie will probably be made to chronicle and turn a profit from this sad catastrophe. When that time comes, someone from Hollywood (which won't be Chris, lol) might just reach out to you so my question is: Will you reprise your role the Internet Warlord - prolific shitposter and provocateur Derek Smart on the silver screen? Will you be strong enough, brave enough to... answer the call?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #335 on: September 14, 2019, 11:27:38 AM »
so my question is: Will you reprise your role the Internet Warlord - prolific shitposter and provocateur Derek Smart on the silver screen? Will you be strong enough, brave enough to... answer the call?

YES to all of the above :emot-lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

krylite

« Reply #336 on: Today at 08:27:15 PM »
Will you be strong enough, brave enough to... answer the call?

I'm certainly looking forward to the "American Greed" episode case or whatever network financial crime documentary film/specials made of the the most infamous ks to game project ponzi ever foisted in the entire history of the gaming industry and the interview clips of Derek as the foremost authority on the debacle. And the best thing about it will be everyone, the millions of onlookers and the naysaying sillizens will have to acknowledge the tdlr message that "DS was right!" in the end.

It's going to be a hoot seeing Sandi compared to Theranos' ms. holmes in lunacy. And all the video exposing of the auctioned off ill-gotten gains of CRobber's "estate", the extravagant wasteful personal expenses, and the crazy working climate culture of tyranny as the ex-underlings en masse finally speak out of the horror.

« Last Edit: Today at 08:34:48 PM by krylite »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk