Author Topic: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit  (Read 187693 times)

wiser3754

Re: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit
« Reply #390 on: June 13, 2020, 11:37:03 PM »
yeah, but they *totally* switched to Lumberyard though

"Having so many bespoke changes would make integrating changes from Lumberyard very difficult, if not impossible in some cases. There would need to be a careful evaluation of whether the gain outweighed the effort required or it would be easier/better to develop our own solution. As far as I am aware we haven't integrated anything new from Lumberyard."  CIG Lead Dev

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50259/thread/cryengine-vs-starengine/3135340

Even in the crash dump file the product file number is cryengine 3.8. Speaks volumes. Not to mention the system control logs and spinlocks show that it's still cryengine.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #392 on: June 14, 2020, 12:40:28 PM »

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/where-is-chris

The boat pic is so awesome I'm really surprised to see it not moderated or the thread gone.

krylite

« Reply #393 on: June 15, 2020, 10:20:23 AM »
Shillizen effort still going on to attempt to deflate ED: Odyssey, an example on both a reddit post and yt post. Same shill guy posting at first, ED has "good flight model", "sound", blah, etc, then attempting to stick it by calling ED's galaxy a "tech demo". So maybe that's more dreadful news at the moment to CR and his mod crew at the moment before they get to put the fire out of the boat pic thread. Meanwhile, the ponzi dumpster fire is getting trailer-hammered again by the "new squadron 42 trailer released",  :emot-laugh:. (https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/h9id9i/new_squadron_42_trailer_finally/)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 10:26:30 AM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #394 on: July 02, 2020, 10:48:46 AM »

Money laundering in Star Citizen

And yeah, this is precisely how (a big op) most of us were looking at this. Though the angle about actually doing it at the scale of having to setup a “blind” company didn’t come into play. But think about it. This “game” has raised over $300m + $46m + $17.6m in investment. Over a 9 yr period. With NO shipped product. And - get this - during a pandemic period, have broken their own fundraising records. Sure, game companies are making money during this period, but not to this extent - and for a company with NO SHIPPED PRODUCT.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #395 on: July 03, 2020, 03:11:32 AM »

Money laundering in Star Citizen

And yeah, this is precisely how (a big op) most of us were looking at this. Though the angle about actually doing it at the scale of having to setup a “blind” company didn’t come into play. But think about it. This “game” has raised over $300m + $46m + $17.6m in investment. Over a 9 yr period. With NO shipped product. And - get this - during a pandemic period, have broken their own fundraising records. Sure, game companies are making money during this period, but not to this extent - and for a company with NO SHIPPED PRODUCT.

Dismissing an important detail here. You still need to find a buyer willing to buy the 1.000$ ship for the 800$, otherwise the whole laundering doesn't work in the described scenario.
And then again you could do this on every resale site for virtual goods. The real chokepoints here is the accounting in the source country (where does X get money to repeatedly buy good x), the transaction channels (banks - why is Y flowing so much money to Z) and to a lesser degree the seller of the good that gets resold - which got explained in the post.

But sure enough criminals are using such where possible. I mean wasn't it the FBI that involved Blizzard because their virtual monies were used for criminal transactions - gold reselling.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #396 on: July 21, 2020, 05:00:10 AM »
*moved*

92 more fucking open positions? What brings the monthly average funding requirement up to now?
Their offices may be closed and workers are now working remotely but once Biden is in and Covid is under control how much is CIG gonna need monthly? $7,000,000 plus?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #397 on: July 21, 2020, 05:01:06 AM »
The positions are just for show and are never filled. Some people have been leaving in the past months, but that's par for the course.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #398 on: August 03, 2020, 12:20:31 PM »
Good times

DemonInvestor

« Reply #399 on: August 03, 2020, 01:44:19 PM »
Good times

Naaahhh i bet he finished it for that and now just wants to fuck with us, to punish us unbelievers for our lack of faith ;)

wiser3754

« Reply #400 on: August 12, 2020, 04:34:38 PM »

Looking at their funding chart, they're earning below their monthly, estimated operating costs. So here's a .JPEG to fill those coffers. Seriously, how many fuckin' fighters are needed roght now?

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #401 on: August 13, 2020, 02:04:51 AM »
*jpeg video*

Looking at their funding chart, they're earning below their monthly, estimated operating costs. So here's a .JPEG to fill those coffers. Seriously, how many fuckin' fighters are needed roght now?

The faithful always say now that CIG is getting record funding, interesting if it is STILL not enough to cover their costs. I do wonder what the total headcount actually really is now.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #402 on: August 13, 2020, 07:24:53 AM »
No matter how much they are raising, it will never be enough. I mean, their own public financials - though not audited - show this in great detail.

The funding chart is propaganda bs. Don't take my word for it though; go compare it to the financials for each year they've disclosed. There's your answer.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #403 on: August 13, 2020, 10:28:33 AM »
No matter how much they are raising, it will never be enough. I mean, their own public financials - though not audited - show this in great detail.

The funding chart is propaganda bs. Don't take my word for it though; go compare it to the financials for each year they've disclosed. There's your answer.

Will they release the financials again this year? Depends if there is anything significant in the UK companies house filings I guess.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #404 on: August 18, 2020, 02:17:09 PM »
Today's funnies...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/i8l671/after_today_2020_will_officially_be_cigs_best/

So the never-bored Goons decided to run the numbers through Benford (!). Actually I'm quite shocked that we didn't think of this before.

The Benford results say the funding chart is completely fake.

Tracker spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207

Data used for Benford

https://file.io/XodqMABAT2Gb

Online Benford tool

https://www.dcode.fr/benford-law

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk