Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1137135 times)

Opalshine

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1020 on: May 24, 2018, 04:25:34 PM »
Quote from: dsmart
And all the significant ones (e.g. the Crytek lawsuit) came and went. While not significant, the ToS changes, the Summer 2016 loans (who saw that coming?), the 3.0 fiasco (LOL!! a whole fucking year after it was ready to come out in 3 months), SQ42 not existing, #nomorerefunds etc, are all things I said were coming and which nobody envisioned. Then they did. And now that they came and went, it's almost as if people are dying for the next clusterfuck because they want bigger and better due to these previous things being so inconsequential now that they have happened....

Not @ derek, but in general:
If things were inconsequential now that they have happened, they they were inconsequential to begin with.  Two years later, nobody cares that they borrowed money from Coutts or changed their terms of service, or were delayed launching 3.0. We do care about: the current policy of no refunds, the game being in "early access" per CR's words, RSI ceasing operations in the U.S., and the possibility of discovery in the lawsuit.  This stuff is only meaningful and consequential if it forces a public reckoning of mistakes, or causes a collapse of the project, or compels CIG to produce the financial accounting that they originally promised.  Procedural dramas-of-the-month are rightly forgotten.  But i don't think there will be a day of reckoning, or collapse of the project.  Instead the game will quietly die of disuse like other early access vaporware games, and the only people who care will be 2000 jilted whales and the folks on this forum page.

EDIT: My point is, some people here are getting all lathered up about things that ultimately don't matter.  So, chill out a bit and wait for the real news.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 04:34:30 PM by Opalshine »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1021 on: May 24, 2018, 04:50:07 PM »
The waiting is difficult for sure but I believe Derek would not claim significant news without backing it up. Another forum is already have a field day because of impatience concerning the news which is sad. If I was in Derek's position with so many detractors I would certainly not saying something I could not back up. Each day they are online is just another day to fine tune my trolling on reddit. I gave up trying to even remotely try to help them and it's decidedly a lot more relaxing to just have fun while waiting.

The funny thing is that most industry people who ARE "in the know", already know what's happening and what's coming. That it hasn't leaked in the mainstream is more about loyalty (nobody talks to the fucking gaming media like in the old days because 99% of them cannot be trusted. All of us in the industry know this) among those who are being told things in confidence. When you read things like this, it's because somewhere in the chain, someone knows someone who is 6 degrees removed from someone who knows what's going on.

Not even mentioning the movers and shakers, Ben and his missus moving 3000 miles (apparently neither one works for CIG any longer), or Jared (him, Toast and others are all moving too) doing streams like this, anyone who ignores the signs that something major is happening - and which has been in the works since end of Q4/2017, just isn't paying attention - or they're in denial. I personally like it to be both of those because then the end result will be all that more hilarious and astonishing.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1022 on: May 24, 2018, 04:54:06 PM »
Not @ derek, but in general:
If things were inconsequential now that they have happened, they they were inconsequential to begin with.  Two years later, nobody cares that they borrowed money from Coutts or changed their terms of service, or were delayed launching 3.0. We do care about: the current policy of no refunds, the game being in "early access" per CR's words, RSI ceasing operations in the U.S., and the possibility of discovery in the lawsuit.  This stuff is only meaningful and consequential if it forces a public reckoning of mistakes, or causes a collapse of the project, or compels CIG to produce the financial accounting that they originally promised.  Procedural dramas-of-the-month are rightly forgotten.  But i don't think there will be a day of reckoning, or collapse of the project.  Instead the game will quietly die of disuse like other early access vaporware games, and the only people who care will be 2000 jilted whales and the folks on this forum page.

EDIT: My point is, some people here are getting all lathered up about things that ultimately don't matter.  So, chill out a bit and wait for the real news.

Then you're going to be shocked as shit. Just wait. Two Weeks.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1023 on: May 24, 2018, 05:24:50 PM »
Yeah, I don't even know what to do with that.

All I have to say is: He knows. They all know.

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/999642606194778112

I think I value effort more than results, which is interesting considering what a results-oriented person I am. I find I don't care so much if people fail, only wether or not they appear to have even tried.

Make the effort. It's what we all deserve.

jwh1701

« Reply #1024 on: May 24, 2018, 08:03:27 PM »

LOL some of the comments, took a video the whole thread and uploading.

Aya Reiko

« Reply #1025 on: May 24, 2018, 11:37:38 PM »

That's... something someone would say if all they ever gotten in life were Participation Trophies.

Motto

« Reply #1026 on: May 25, 2018, 04:26:58 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1027 on: May 25, 2018, 05:56:40 AM »

Motto

« Reply #1028 on: May 25, 2018, 07:35:31 AM »
Derek, your voice? What happened to it?  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1029 on: May 25, 2018, 08:08:44 AM »
Derek, your voice? What happened to it?  :laugh:

LOL!! So far they haven't accused him of being me. Yet.

Bubba

« Reply #1030 on: May 25, 2018, 01:50:47 PM »
Reality check Derek: you weren't a voice crying in the desert. Some of us had our doubts from the start. Others caught on pretty quick. But you made it your cause.
If they fold on June 24, I'm buying the first round,  natch.
I always assumed your big shocking reveal was something more than "they have no money", ' cos that is bloody evident to anyone paying attention. And the fact that the upcoming citizen con has sold out of their VIP tickets but not the regular ones should tell you who is paying attention. Also, you might think about an event in Austin that weekend. Odds are pretty good that you can find a venue with a Cancellation.

Motto

« Reply #1031 on: May 25, 2018, 02:51:42 PM »
Yes, it's that time of the week already... Time for another SALE

Oh, and a joke.... ROB CHRISSERT, Razor owner

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1032 on: May 25, 2018, 03:11:43 PM »
Reality check Derek: you weren't a voice crying in the desert. Some of us had our doubts from the start. Others caught on pretty quick. But you made it your cause.

Reality check. I didn't make it my cause and I didn't ask for it.

Anyone can piss in the wind, but it's the person who doesn't get wet, that gets to brag about it.

It's cute that, so late in the day when it's all falling apart, that more and more gamers are saying shit like "Yeah, we totally saw it coming! We had our doubts from the start!! Yeah!"

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1033 on: May 25, 2018, 03:12:39 PM »
Yes, it's that time of the week already... Time for another SALE

Oh, and a joke.... ROB CHRISSERT, Razor owner

Speak for yourself. I was hoping and praying that the would sell a faster version of a racing ship for a module nobody is playing. I'm getting a 2-pack.  :emot-smug:

Bubba

« Reply #1034 on: May 26, 2018, 05:34:11 AM »
True, I never gave them a dime. Just because you act like a force of nature doesn't mean you don't will your actions. We all know that the mere mention of your name will summon you to a distant thread, and so getting into a fight with you just reveals the depth of ignorance of your adversaries, but you still chose speech over silence.

But I remember 2015 well, and I remember Roberts accusing anyone who pointed at problems of being a Derek Smart alt. That's what made it compelling. You could not be alone, yet here CR was painting you as a jealous loner.

You are right though that there were a lot more people who believed CR and very few who openly sided with you. And many who claim to have been there back then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk