Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1138341 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1035 on: May 26, 2018, 06:14:58 AM »
We all know that the mere mention of your name will summon you to a distant thread,

No. What we do know is that :

1) It's false, and there is no evidence to support it

2) It's an age old age old urban legend from back in the day when there were only few places worth posting. So of course you would find me at those places. In fact, I wrote a Twitter thread two days ago waxing nostalgia.

3) Just because someone said it, doesn't make it true. But that's the Internet for you

and so getting into a fight with you just reveals the depth of ignorance of your adversaries, but you still chose speech over silence.

I don't regard arguments as fights. People who do, are those who don't know what meaningful discourse is.

Choosing "speech over silence" is not always a choice. That's how people get bullied. Nobody gets to bully me.

But I remember 2015 well, and I remember Roberts accusing anyone who pointed at problems of being a Derek Smart alt. That's what made it compelling. You could not be alone, yet here CR was painting you as a jealous loner.

That nonsense was all on his toxic Shitizen base and employees. And because he gets fed bs from the likes of Sandi, Ben and Lando, he just ran with it. That's how he ended up issuing a press release about something that I didn't actually do - and which started this war they simply couldn't win, mentioned me several dozen times in a 2015 diatribe over TheEscapist article which I had nothing to do with, ended up referring to me in a GamesCon interview, a Polygon interview etc. 

You are right though that there were a lot more people who believed CR and very few who openly sided with you. And many who claim to have been there back then.

The thing is that once they made it a "Derek Smart vs Chris Roberts" thing, the die was cast, and sealed the fate of the project and the conflict that ensued.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 06:16:45 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1037 on: May 29, 2018, 02:50:10 PM »
Meanwhile, back at the ranch

To CIG: it's 5 months since Holiday ATV Special, where is the Squadron 42 roadmap you promoted?

Least some are keeping track I think I posted in that twice now? I've been busy on reddit trying to help out.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1038 on: May 29, 2018, 03:26:06 PM »
He has me blocked, but this is one of Star Citizen's most prominent whales (and he loves to show off and tell everyone about it. Status thing, you see).

He's a bit "off", if you know what I mean.

Greggy_D

« Reply #1039 on: May 29, 2018, 03:49:02 PM »
It's going to be beautiful when he realizes he lost every single penny of that.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1040 on: May 29, 2018, 06:03:38 PM »
It would make a fantastic Star Citizen video. To see a film with whale after whale coming to the realization that the thousands of dollars, their entire reason for being suddenly implodes in their faces. The man they trusted and went to bat for turns out to be an incompetent who lied at every opportunity to maintain the whales trust and financial support.

I wonder how many will suffer a breakdown? Clearly they are way too far invested in this alternate universe as a diversion from their ordinary existance and they somehow equate having spent the most money as having Big Man on the Universe (BMOC) status, far from their real lives. If they didnt act like such twats I might have felt badly for them. I supopose that somebody needed to become the example for someone else to learn from.

I'd love to see a part two to "The Chris Roberts Theory of Everything" story as a kind of wrap around story touching on the highlights of this debacle for the cliff notes crowd. Not everybody is following this as closely as we do, nor do they want to spend the time to learn about it in detail.

I know it's coming soon. Thank you to Cryengine's lawsuit for being the straw that broke the camels back and putting an end to this scam a little earlier than it might have taken. They probably saved backers millions of dollars with CIG's hastened demise. I can only hope that somehow some criminal fraud is brought to light during this trial and Chris Robers gets some prison time. ZRegardless of fraud could be proven I do believe thatRobbers sought out to misrepresenthimself and his company for the purpose opf taking milions from backers while knowing that he could not deliver anything that he was promising. Who knows. Pewrhaps everything we have seen over the last 2 years was completed years ago and he has been collecting money for nothjing all this time. We will see.

N0mad

« Reply #1041 on: May 30, 2018, 06:10:18 AM »
Montoya is doing "Damage Control" over the Legatus package.

Apparently it's all OK, and entirely justified. And besides - it's all good PR as well.

Jesus  :emot-ughh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1042 on: May 30, 2018, 07:21:47 AM »
Yeah, Montoya is Premier Shillizen. Him, I can't wait to troll endless when this shit-show ends. It's going to be amazing.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch..

CIG wake up, it's time to change something!

jwh1701

« Reply #1043 on: May 30, 2018, 09:42:10 AM »
Montoya is doing "Damage Control" over the Legatus package.

Apparently it's all OK, and entirely justified. And besides - it's all good PR as well.

Jesus  :emot-ughh:

They are all insane, at least if you buy the GT you actually own something that will not disappear with Chris. How can he not see the total lack of progress on any major kick starter goals, I just thumbed down and posted.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:43:54 AM by jwh1701 »

jwh1701

« Reply #1044 on: May 31, 2018, 07:14:53 PM »
So crazy, talk about recoil and how many times have they talked about space clouds?
Around 14 mins of nothing vs 12 mins of ship selling.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:30:07 PM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1045 on: May 31, 2018, 07:19:04 PM »
So nothing about SQ42 then?

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1046 on: May 31, 2018, 09:04:52 PM »
Whats squadron 42? I just want my Star Citizen card game. I got your three of Arouras beat with a Hornet and a Freelancer MIS. See! Now there is a reason for all those Jpegs.

I can see it now, $50, no $95 for a deck of Star Citizen playing cards or better yet Tarot cards. His marketing manager wife can do readings on video. I can read the future and this game will never get close to complete before Robbers shutters the building.

If he sold cards at least he could claim to be actually delivering a finished product. That would be hillarious, Sell them cards and call it Squadron 42. Done.

jwh1701

« Reply #1047 on: June 01, 2018, 08:18:18 AM »
So nothing about SQ42 then?

They do speak about it but what the say makes if feel so far removed from the actual game. They talk about recoil, textures and better costumes, and more passes on animation.  Maybe someone can put it into better words but they are consistent about saying a lot that amounts to nothing.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 02:09:15 PM by jwh1701 »

N0mad

« Reply #1048 on: June 01, 2018, 08:37:10 AM »
Did you see the demo about how new recruits are less effective in combat than trained NPCs?

At this point I'd say that they're deliberately trying to avoid making a game. It's as though the management decided ages ago that it's far more profitable to remain in perpetual development than actually release a game which will be an inevitable disappointment to the fans. They're just making the team work on completely pointless but hugely time-consuming features (there seem to be many of these) which don't enhance the game one bit - but they can justify it to the fan boys in the name of "fidelity" and make ATV videos talking about it at great length.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1049 on: June 01, 2018, 04:19:40 PM »
At this point I'd say that they're deliberately trying to avoid making a game. It's as though the management decided ages ago that it's far more profitable to remain in perpetual development than actually release a game which will be an inevitable disappointment to the fans.

:emot-allears:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk