Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1138308 times)

Lir

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1080 on: June 10, 2018, 08:30:08 AM »
Yes indeed, but still even if it seems they're trying to awaken, they're still into the 'i don't care losing money for CIG' thing. 

Motto

« Reply #1081 on: June 10, 2018, 11:05:53 AM »
Now that it is more and more clear that there will be no refunds, I wonder how many backers actually are willing to put in more money.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 12:42:18 PM by Motto »

N0mad

« Reply #1082 on: June 10, 2018, 11:24:07 AM »
Now that it is more and more clear that there will be no refunds, I wonder how much backers actually are willing to put in more money.

LOL, But it is also more and more clear that there will be no game.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1083 on: June 10, 2018, 11:48:35 AM »
If one , at this point in time, still believes that CIG somehow someday will deliver anything, he's an utter moron. There is no way Chris can keep this afloat with an skeleton crew without the backer community knowing about. So he will stretch on until the next big thing comes along. Either just not having money to pay salaries and rent, or something big that pulls antoher Crytek over him. It won't be long now. It has to be over soon.

So, now it has come to this:

Quote: I've already accepted this game will probably never launch, and if it does launch it will not be a viable game and business beyond the funding raised in advance. If the outcome is any better I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Worst case scenario, money is being outright embezzled which is the reason for minimal deliverables. More likely what I think is happening, leaders in the company are taking a healthy salary, and accepting mismanaged engineering because they know the party is completely over if they launch the turd that's being built. So they will continue "development" in perpetuity until new funding stops coming in.

Reply: Yikes. I’ve heard a ton of speculation on this topic over the years and they all seemed like pure speculation and just general waiting in line grade bitching. However yours actually rings a little true. I internally debated the embezzlement scenario but couldn’t really imagine the reason for it. Fuck man, if have to put this thing on a shelf with all my other destroyed past institutions and outed sex offenders I will be sad as hell. I have always tried to have realistic expectations alongside my fanboyism for Wing Commander, but here in mid 2018 I am really starting to become leery of their practice to sell items in what is going to probably be the biggest vaporware legend of our time.

A lot of people are waking up. Too late for them for a refund, but the numbers of hardcore believers are dwindling down

Yep.

I played a lof of MMORPGs over the years and so many AAA titles came and went with nothing like the sustained success of the big boys.

Those games were flawed but they were eminently playable and there was content. They substantially worked.

However so many of them died a death very quickly.

There is no hope in hell that SC could survive with anything less than those games had and it is miles away from where they were.

People complaining they cant get refunds now decided to ignore all the advice and the noises in their own head.

As the game was changed from what they were told they were getting they could have attempted to refund and would have received a refund by now.

I personally wanted an MMO type game with a persistent universe and plenty of people to interact with in it.

That is still on offer now but people who backed the original kickstarter and dont want what is offer now have had a very long time to realise CIG stopped saying they were developing that.

the guy says he works in software .. others are not so lucky to have that experience with which to judge whats been going on .. so he should have come to his senses sooner.  There is also no reasonable way (is there ) that he could have spent what he says he spent if he didnt want what was in all those stretch goals ?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:56:30 AM by StanTheMan »

N0mad

« Reply #1084 on: June 10, 2018, 11:55:11 PM »
I never thought I'd ever see a comment like this on sc/reddit:

Can we at least stop for a moment and admit that Derek Smart wasn't entirely wrong with what he said 2015? He saw this coming years ago and was entirely brushed aside.

From the thread that went viral: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8pznyp/some_thoughts_from_a_longterm_backer_which_really/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1085 on: June 11, 2018, 01:57:50 PM »
CIG deleted this from Spectrum, but I had it in my cache.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1086 on: June 11, 2018, 02:01:37 PM »
**MOVED**

I haven't been on this site in ages and imagine my complete shock when, lo & behold, the game is still not out yet! Clearly, the technology to create a space flight simulator and something called a "multi-player first-person shooter" seems to be especially challenging in this day and age. I guess that waiting is a small price to pay for a massive leap in innovation. I, for one, can not wait to see what this so-called "multi-player first-person shooter" has to offer to the gamers of the 21st century. Hopefully, it will be fun.

In the meanwhile, I propose that we should call the community that is still quite optimistic that Chris Roberts will deliver on these esteemed games "Robertstown."

Now, to be completely fair, I mean absolutely no disrespect to the horrible events that transpired in that 'other town,' "Jonestown." What occurred in Jonestown was horrific and I definitely do not want to make light of that terrible tragedy. I think that we can all learn from that horrible affair of what occurs when people blindly follow a charismatic leader who abuses his followers and controls them with various physical and psychological means.

If anything, I think that the calling the Star Citizen community "Robertstown" would be a great counter-balance to that prior horrible event. First and foremost, we all know that Chris Roberts is going to make good on his promise and that Star Citizen will be completed as intended on all of the various roadmaps that his organization has been provided thus far... Or, at the very least, the latest roadmap that has been provided thus far. That, right there, will show the world that a charismatic leader, such as Chris Roberts, can deliver on their promises.

Also, there are no lives at stake here. Over 900 lives were eventually lost at Jonestown which, as mentioned previously, was horrific. With "Robertstown," it's only money that's being lost. $180 million American dollars which, admittedly, sounds a bit pricey but, when you finesse the numbers, is really quite a bargain. For instance, the game has been in development for only six years (or seven... let's just go with six for now) and 180 divided by 6 clearly gives you 30... Only $30 million per year in development! I am certain that if you ask any AAA-developer that they'll tell you how reasonable and prudent $30 million dollars per year would be towards the development of this very ambitious title.

Finally, "Robertstown" & "Jonestown" have nothing in common when it comes to dissenting opinions. The leadership of Jonestown used horrible, oppressive tactics in order to keep their followers in line. It is truly heart-breaking to read and hear what was done to these people when they spoke up about how they were treated when they gave dissenting opinions. With "Robertstown," we know from first-hand accounts just how accommodating, friendly & open that the lines of communication are when people ask critical questions concerning the features proposed with Star Citizen and the progress made to achieve those features.

In conclusion, I think that calling the Star Citizen community "Robertstown" would be especially appropriate and show just how different the community of Star Citizen is as opposed to a religious cult lead by a charismatic but inept leader who controls and manipulates it's followers through physical and psychological means.

Your thoughts are welcome. Thank you for reading my proposal. And here is to hoping that Star Citizen is finally released in late 2018... Or 2019... Or whenever.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1087 on: June 11, 2018, 02:34:40 PM »
Since Star Citizen was announced, over 5 space combat games, including ED, COD:IW and MA:E have come and gone.

Now @BethesdaStudios enters the fray with Starfield, which sources say has been in dev for sometime, and we should expect it without a relatively short (lol) time.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1088 on: June 11, 2018, 05:16:49 PM »
Meanwhile, over there

jwh1701

« Reply #1089 on: June 12, 2018, 08:07:13 AM »
Meanwhile, over there

LOL great posting with images, got a lot of laughs reading the comment section.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1090 on: June 12, 2018, 08:07:18 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1091 on: June 12, 2018, 08:08:02 AM »
LOL great posting with images, got a lot of laughs reading the comment section.

Wait till he reads this.

jwh1701

« Reply #1092 on: June 12, 2018, 12:28:40 PM »
Wait till he reads this.

LOL the thread is very entertaining and looks like your having fun with it.

I was digging through my old links from 2012 and this always intrigued me, watch the first video.
I only saw this mentioned a few times but they state he had funding privately for the game. Wondering if this was just more false pretenses by Chris or did he have some investors?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wing-commander-creator-returns-with-star-citizen/1100-6397998/

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1093 on: June 12, 2018, 01:06:10 PM »
These clowns are so fucking clueless. If Squadon 42 was anywhere close to complete there would have been game footage releases, not these movie like cut scenes. Anybody can create this footage. It doesnt mean there is a game.

It's E3 right now and CIG has no new gameplay to show. In fact there is no gameplay. This would have been the perfect opportunity to put out 20 compouters and show the world what he has to offer and rather than do that they show some canned footage that is not gameplay. You could beat them over the head( and we have) with the obvious truth and they just wont accept it. Somehow they equate Robbers continuing to accept money as proof of progress. Oh look at the road map they declare. Yeah, look at it. They missed the major items and just bumped it furrther back making the next few roadmaps incredibly dubious. I wonder how many times it will take for CIG to bump back major game creation tasks before the laimbrains  begin to notice a definite pattern? Then when will they begin to complain and rebel? I figure the lawsuit or government investigations will end CIG before then.

Fuck em. I an going to relish their bellyaching when they loose every fucking penny. Cunts, every one of em.

Greggy_D

« Reply #1094 on: June 12, 2018, 01:12:45 PM »
And there wasn't a single CIG representative on stage before or after the video.  :laugh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk