Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1138444 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1095 on: June 12, 2018, 02:53:38 PM »
I was digging through my old links from 2012 and this always intrigued me, watch the first video.
I only saw this mentioned a few times but they state he had funding privately for the game. Wondering if this was just more false pretenses by Chris or did he have some investors?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wing-commander-creator-returns-with-star-citizen/1100-6397998/

It's BS. I just responded to that actually.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1096 on: June 12, 2018, 02:54:26 PM »
These clowns are so fucking clueless. If Squadon 42 was anywhere close to complete there would have been game footage releases, not these movie like cut scenes. Anybody can create this footage. It doesnt mean there is a game.

It's E3 right now and CIG has no new gameplay to show. In fact there is no gameplay. This would have been the perfect opportunity to put out 20 compouters and show the world what he has to offer and rather than do that they show some canned footage that is not gameplay. You could beat them over the head( and we have) with the obvious truth and they just wont accept it. Somehow they equate Robbers continuing to accept money as proof of progress. Oh look at the road map they declare. Yeah, look at it. They missed the major items and just bumped it furrther back making the next few roadmaps incredibly dubious. I wonder how many times it will take for CIG to bump back major game creation tasks before the laimbrains  begin to notice a definite pattern? Then when will they begin to complain and rebel? I figure the lawsuit or government investigations will end CIG before then.

Fuck em. I an going to relish their bellyaching when they loose every fucking penny. Cunts, every one of em.

^this
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

jwh1701

« Reply #1098 on: June 12, 2018, 04:59:44 PM »

Thx for the link, I did not question anything back then but with hindsight it's just one more red flag.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1099 on: June 12, 2018, 07:12:24 PM »

Bruno PillowBite-o has it in for you..

Aya Reiko

« Reply #1100 on: June 13, 2018, 03:19:09 AM »
Bruno PillowBite-o has it in for you..
Joe Slobbers has showed up too.

N0mad

« Reply #1101 on: June 13, 2018, 06:15:07 AM »
Ah ,yes. The Zealots are fighting back about that thread from a long term backer which went viral:

The Zealot version has arrived: Some thoughts from a long-term backer which really hit home

I think we can actually guage how well SC is doing - because the more noise and excessive hate lavished upon it - the closer it is to success.

Well that's OK then...

Also, the Game has now been in development for 15 years.. AND he makes the mistake of mentioning Derek.

jwh1701

« Reply #1102 on: June 13, 2018, 09:28:21 AM »
Ah ,yes. The Zealots are fighting back about that thread from a long term backer which went viral:

The Zealot version has arrived: Some thoughts from a long-term backer which really hit home

Well that's OK then...

Also, the Game has now been in development for 15 years.. AND he makes the mistake of mentioning Derek.

Reddit has really been busy and I believe just based on what I'm seeing more much more aware of the issues. My newest account is up to 35 pm's, used to be all negative but is getting better. Except of one guy yesterday actually asked me for all my alt's so he could get them all banned.

Motto

« Reply #1103 on: June 13, 2018, 09:49:05 AM »
I'm having trouble with mod Imnotfixie. Everytime I tell him to unban me, he doesn't understand what that means and instead mutes me from contacting the mods for 72 hours. Clearly he is retarded (and now I'm probably insulting retards) otherwise the order to unban me would have resulted in me being unbanned. I do hope to return as the voice of reason in that Reddit someday. Say, in two weeks. Or 90 days tops.

Motto

« Reply #1104 on: June 13, 2018, 02:46:29 PM »
Meanwhile, on Spectrum

Somebody should screen cap that quick  :cool:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/if-cig-was-honest-in-e3-trailer

If CIG was honest in E3 trailer
discussion
Today at 17:45

DISCLAIMER: The content showed in trailer is not filmed in actual PU environment, video was captured in engine for better experience.

The trailer is not to show the current environment of PU, it is to show that this is indeed awaiting development
    The capital ships shown in the video is not yet implemented in the game
    The sound effects were added for the better viewing experience
    Planets and rest stops were also added in the video to pin point what awaits for you in the future.
    Armor is not yet implemented
    Situations were scripted for better viewing experience
    The performance of the game shown in the trailer is not to be expected in PU environment
    Some of SQ42 material was added to pin point the work in progress
    Cover mechanics not yet implemented
    The 3.2 will include mining which is not shown and is the biggest update of all, but its not shown, "we dont know why"

Disclaimer: If you decide to purchase the game, the one must not expect the game to be as stable and exciding as it seems in tralier, because we are still in early stages of alpha, you might purchase the package if you want to help the development proccess.

LordSolarMacharius

« Reply #1105 on: June 13, 2018, 05:05:54 PM »
Personally, I will never understand how normally intelligent people can fall for obvious scams, even when it's painted for them in black and white. It's like flat-earthers and climate change deniers or people who claim vaccines are evil. Sigh. I, for one, am grateful to Derek for convincing me to get a refund while I still could (backed it right after the Kickstarter and refunded last year).

StanTheMan

« Reply #1106 on: June 13, 2018, 05:41:50 PM »
Personally, I will never understand how normally intelligent people can fall for obvious scams, even when it's painted for them in black and white. It's like flat-earthers and climate change deniers or people who claim vaccines are evil. Sigh. I, for one, am grateful to Derek for convincing me to get a refund while I still could (backed it right after the Kickstarter and refunded last year).

Check out some James Randi.  He is on his last legs but he is great.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1107 on: June 14, 2018, 09:08:27 AM »

Why We Are So Vulnerable to Charlatans Like Chris Roberts

jwh1701

« Reply #1108 on: June 14, 2018, 09:19:16 AM »
Meanwhile, on Spectrum

Somebody should screen cap that quick  :cool:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/if-cig-was-honest-in-e3-trailer

I just read through it and shocked its still up and I spoke to soon on reddit. Took a look reddit look this morning and the amount of attacks on my comments were surprising over the night. One after another said that Chris's 17 companies is just normal business practice, and they moved to LA instead of staying in Texas because they needed talent. Which is crazy to say based on the current state of the game.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:21:13 AM by jwh1701 »

Kyrt

« Reply #1109 on: June 15, 2018, 06:25:28 PM »
Then you're going to be shocked as shit. Just wait. Two Weeks.

I'll bite.

Any update?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk