Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1138475 times)

Spunky Munkee

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1125 on: June 21, 2018, 02:25:11 PM »
But if you want to make "reality" move along a bit faster simply buy some credits with cash and pay Robbers get your ship back much faster. It's all about relieving you of your disposable income.

So he can send NPCs to blow you up and then he can iincentivize you to pay him to get back in the game sooner. It's a rigged game and the House always wins. It wouldnt seem so bad but the very backers who he is fleecing are the ones who paid for the octopus corporation Robbers has created in the first place.
Let's see, I think I'll pay some dude to screw me over.
Yeah , thats the ticket.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1126 on: June 22, 2018, 04:18:27 AM »
It shows that these guys have no clue at all about proper game design.

jwh1701

« Reply #1127 on: June 22, 2018, 02:09:59 PM »
Did you mean: a scam?

I'm not sure anymore looking at a guy mining one rock for 8 minutes pretty exciting. Comparing it to skyrim that I'm re-playing now all I have is a pick axe, SC has a laser and a lot more fidelity.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1128 on: June 22, 2018, 03:02:37 PM »
I'm not sure anymore looking at a guy mining one rock for 8 minutes pretty exciting. Comparing it to skyrim that I'm re-playing now all I have is a pick axe, SC has a laser and a lot more fidelity.

:emot-lol:

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1129 on: June 25, 2018, 06:01:17 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1130 on: June 25, 2018, 06:42:18 PM »
:emot-lol:

Good commentary, least he is able to see some issues.

Crazy ship death from mining

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1131 on: June 25, 2018, 09:27:03 PM »
Most roadmaps would take you from point A to B to C and so on. The CIG roadmap is nothing but a downward spiraling helix.

N0mad

« Reply #1132 on: June 25, 2018, 10:11:39 PM »
Damn those rocks are explosive. I bet the moons in the PU are littered with the broken corpses of every miner who thought that a rock was an inert lump of minerals and discovered, to their surprise, that it goes nuclear when heated with a laser. Good job SC has a rock solid insurance system - oh wait, perhaps not.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1133 on: June 25, 2018, 11:52:28 PM »
Just another mechanic in the game that would be totally controlled by Robbers to entice you with the supposed lure of monetary (in game) gain only to risk loosing your ship and the real cash you paid for it. Pay me now or pay me later. Or in Robbers case pay me yesterday and keep paying me or Ill find a way to blow up your ship here or there or just through a glitch.

Its like the old El Producto cigar commercials they used to show during the football games on Sundays. I'm really dating myself here. The catch line was "Were gonna getcha Ya know were gonna getcha".

Then again this assumes this game will achieve a real and meaningful commercial release. I seriously doubt that will ever happen. If by some odd chance it does it will be to a gaming community that is so tired of the false promises, the lies, the disapointments that nobody will bother to show up.

Honestly Call of Duty Infinite Warfare had crappy video game flight dynamics. Star Citizens dont look any better lately. At least COD had a progression, a story and good FPS action. Something Robbers still has not delivered on (s42) yet this was the first thing he marketed. It simply amazes me how trhese idiot backers still champion this mess. I know, it's the sunk cost fallacy. But seriously, can they remain this delusional? They still think that Robbers is somehow going to make the networking function much better and get all this "fidelity" to work with dozens or hundreds of players in the game. What earthshattering discovery will Robbers make that allows computers and networks to have a quantum leap ahead? The sun will rise tomorrow and electrons will still flow the same way. Nothing will change. Robbers will still be like a squirrel with ADD, and on crack, unable to focus on anything but fleecing more money from the foolish. They will continue to fund him. Well, some things can be counted on to remain consistant.

Like a fucking soap opera. As the ASSteroid turns.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:54:49 PM by Spunky Munkee »

N0mad

« Reply #1134 on: June 27, 2018, 05:52:18 AM »
Montoya is at it again. It's good for a laugh.

So, Downward Thrust made a video a while back criticising the Legatus pack and effectively saying that the Star Citizen backers were "manipulated" and are so "attached" to the game that they've lost all reason (you could substitute the terms "scammed" and "Sunk Cost Fallacy")

So here comes the Internet's biggest shill to disprove all the criticism:

Apparently he's not "Attached" to Star Citizen at all...

helimoth

« Reply #1135 on: June 27, 2018, 07:12:18 AM »
Then again this assumes this game will achieve a real and meaningful commercial release. I seriously doubt that will ever happen. If by some odd chance it does it will be to a gaming community that is so tired of the false promises, the lies, the disapointments that nobody will bother to show up.

I reckon we'll see an S42 (episode one) release which will flop due to a combination of a buggy release along with it being just an overall crap game. CIG will blame poor sales performance of S42 E1 and will shelve additional S42 episodes. That will be the beginning of the end. We won't see an actual SC release now with the main reason being their funding will run out.

Motto

« Reply #1136 on: June 27, 2018, 07:17:52 AM »
The beginning of the end started 3 years ago. The end of the end is happening right now. There won't be a release. There is no game to be released.

N0mad

« Reply #1137 on: June 27, 2018, 07:18:36 AM »
I reckon we'll see an S42 (episode one) release

If that was even possible for CIG to do then we'd have seen a roadmap by now.

Bear in mind that the S42 demo they showed off is just fluff. Like all their other tech demos, if you handed it to a gamer and ask them to test it they'd break it immediately.

helimoth

« Reply #1138 on: June 27, 2018, 07:43:49 AM »
If that was even possible for CIG to do then we'd have seen a roadmap by now.

Bear in mind that the S42 demo they showed off is just fluff. Like all their other tech demos, if you handed it to a gamer and ask them to test it they'd break it immediately.

Not croberts style imo. I think he wants to have the S42 release or run-up to the release announced as a surprise at one of his little get-togethers. Not to say I don't think it won't break immediately still, I think it probably will.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1139 on: June 27, 2018, 07:51:39 AM »
The beginning of the end started 3 years ago. The end of the end is happening right now. There won't be a release. There is no game to be released.

Yeah, that's when and why I coined the term, the E.L.E. I even wrote a whole blog about it back in April 2016.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk